PDA

View Full Version : HOW many 22" LCD's are there to choose from?!

[EOCF] Tim
10-09-07, 06:45 AM
There are so many of them, ranging from quite cheap, to quite expensive.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=27&FilterCategories=101&Thumbnails=yes

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=17&catid=949

Does anyone have a link for a buyers guide for LCD's, or what to look for in a good one? It's like you can't see the forest for the trees!

Kain
10-09-07, 09:06 AM
Check out the Samsung 226CW and HP w2207.

HiCZoK4
10-09-07, 10:25 AM
i have samsung 226bw and its incredible. I love it.

john19055
10-09-07, 11:16 PM
I would like for them to have a standard on the Latency time,I was looking at tomshardware and they was reviewing a Viewsonic that has a 4ms responce time and when they check it it was more like 31ms,plus they either do it by gray to gray or Black to black or black to white.And like the Benq FP92W that says it has a 5ms Latency and when they test it it was more like 22ms.

SLippe
10-10-07, 12:21 AM
First of all, don't read anything on Tom's Hardware site!

Second of all, too bad you don't live in the U.S., because my LCD is for sale! :)

Technoholic
10-10-07, 12:45 AM
I have Samsung 225BW......wish I got either 226BW or CW. :(

john19055
10-10-07, 01:25 AM
If you were talking to me I live in the U.S. It was'nt just tomshardware ,there are other sites that did reviews and the Latency time were not close to what they claim.I just saying I would like to see a standard when it come to the Latency.I don't need no more monitors ,I have a Samsung 20" and a 22" ,plus a Dell 2405FPW.

SLippe
10-10-07, 01:34 AM
If you were talking to me I live in the U.S. It was'nt just tomshardware ,there are other sites that did reviews and the Latency time were not close to what they claim.I just saying I would like to see a standard when it come to the Latency.I don't need no more monitors ,I have a Samsung 20" and a 22" ,plus a Dell 2405FPW.
Ah, my bad. :o

DCult
10-10-07, 03:38 AM
i have samsung 226bw and its incredible. I love it.

Bought that yesterday for my girlfriend. It sure looks nice, but haven't had the chance to play with it, I went to sleep before installing gfx card driver, so I can't really comment on it. Mine has a problem with the rubber things that hold the cables back plate, they were kinda ruined, so the back plate doesn't entirely line up with the rest of the monitor. Not much of a problem, though, since it will be facing the wall. While moving windows at XP, I noticed it isn't better at response time than my NEC20WGX2, but I'll have to install gfx driver to form a better opinion. I'll be back with impressions tomorrow! :cool:

j0j081
10-10-07, 04:55 AM
I have Samsung 225BW......wish I got either 226BW or CW. :(
226cw isn't that great according to reviews and at least with the 225bw you prob got a garuanteed Samsung panel. I have the 206BW and love it, tried the 226bw and it actually seemed too big for me.

[EOCF] Tim
10-11-07, 12:41 PM
Ordered a LG Flatron L226WTQ, got good reviews, and looks attractive aswell. Very good price. :)

[EOCF] Tim
10-16-07, 05:32 PM
Wow, fantastic monitor, just the brightness had to be adjusted downwards, overall fantastic. I put the brightness at 37% in the nVidia control panel, and it looks great. 2ms display, no ghosting, and great colours.

Fantastic value for money.

jass
10-22-07, 12:23 PM
Iiyama prolite e2200 I have was a great buy a year ago. They have intorduced upgrades and downgrades since (ws model with only analog input and xx02 and xx01 models that are supposed to be even better specwise) Great contrast with fast response, good color reproduction incl. black. I do not know how the built-in speakers are because I have never used them, but the screen is very good. No problem with horizontal angles (vertical angle is not ideal though but I guess not many people need this one to be better)