PDA

View Full Version : The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Final DLC Coming

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
10-10-07, 09:39 PM
Free for only one week!

Fighter’s Stronghold provides the last of four themed domiciles (along with Vile Lair, Thieves Den, and Wizard’s Tower) for the adventurer on-the-go. You inherit the rights to Battlehorn Castle, located on a lovely stretch of the Colovian Highlands, west of Chorrol. Dining Hall, barracks, wine cellar, training room, and your own private Shrine of Julianos. Update your castle furnishings, perhaps even a Dwemer Forge for the aspiring Armorer , Hire a taxidermist to tastfully decorate your new abode with trophies from your adventuring.
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=46647&mode=thread&order=0

Features:

* A fully detailed castle for you to explore
* Knights of the True Horn patrol the castle and do your bidding
* Secret treasure vault
* Upgrade the furnishings in every area of the castle
* Hire a vintner to create special wines to enhance your fighting abilities
* Hire a combat trainer to spar with
* Hire a taxidermist to craft lifelike trophies for your great hall
* Purchase an ancient Dwemer Forge that buffs your Armorer skill

Beginning Monday, October 15th you can download the PC Version here or visit Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 version, it will be FREE for the first week!

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=28392&stc=1&d=1192070365

|MaguS|
10-10-07, 09:50 PM
Blah, Why don't they add more areas to explore isnted of places to waste time...

nopp0x00
10-11-07, 07:12 AM
Blah, Why don't they add more areas to explore isnted of places to waste time...

You can always download custom quests to kill time.

nekrosoft13
10-11-07, 07:16 AM
why don't they release a good story add-on.

CaptNKILL
10-11-07, 07:31 AM
Man, that screenshot is gorgeous. :o

nekrosoft13
10-11-07, 07:41 AM

what!

same old architecture that you seen in every single other castle in the game ****ty textures, no AA, no AF :headexplode:

CaptNKILL
10-11-07, 07:44 AM
what!

same old architecture that you seen in every single other castle in the game ****ty textures, no AA, no AF :headexplode:
OK, i was sitting pretty far from my monitor.

Upon closer inspection, its average. :p

Still has a nice feel to it though.

SH64
10-11-07, 08:06 AM
Sorry , that screenshot has been "consolized" :o

crainger
10-11-07, 08:15 AM
Gorgeous? Who calls sceenshots gorgeous? You're meant to say kick ass and stuff like that!

I'm Rodney Renolds with another Kick-Ass review. :D

Dragunov
10-11-07, 08:38 AM
So, they speak about free the first week, so free to download, so once downloaded u don't need to pay for it anymore once the week is gone?

SH64
10-11-07, 08:40 AM
So, they speak about free the first week, so free to download, so once downloaded u don't need to pay for it anymore once the week is gone?
Yep , otherwise will be crazy.

DRen72
10-11-07, 08:53 AM
Well, this addon will be Oblivions official retirement for my rig. After I run through this one I'm going to uninstall it after being on my rig since it came out. Time to move on to The Witcher and Hellgate London.

Elder Scrolls 5 can't come soon enough.

ArrowMk84
10-11-07, 09:11 AM
Well, this addon will be Oblivions official retirement for my rig. After I run through this one I'm going to uninstall it after being on my rig since it came out. Time to move on to The Witcher and Hellgate London.

Elder Scrolls 5 can't come soon enough.

Same here. This will be Oblivion's last hurrah on my machine; after putting well over 500 hours into the game, its gotten old (even with a ton of mods). And I really need to get back the 10GB of disk space!

Hopefully ES5 will use a Crysis-like engine (the hills north of the prototype factory and south of the river remind me of the Great Forest, only better looking), and have an ES3 style plot/story (Oblivion's plot/story was too simple, and while the main quest was the worst offender, the guild quests also suffered).

nekrosoft13
10-11-07, 09:18 AM
main story was pathetic, about 6-7 hours of gameplay for RPG

delas52
10-11-07, 11:19 AM
I don't have oblivion installed right now, kinda wish I did for this.

main story was pathetic, about 6-7 hours of gameplay for RPG

Was waiting for you guys to show up.

nekrosoft13
10-11-07, 11:45 AM
Was waiting for you guys to show up.

ok, so i'm here, you better get my beer ready (lee63)

SH64
10-15-07, 05:23 PM
Available now!
http://elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_plugins_fightersstronghold.html

Bman212121
10-15-07, 09:31 PM
Available now!
http://elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_plugins_fightersstronghold.html

Only 10MB? Hmm... Downloaded it anyway.

LT.Schaffer
10-16-07, 01:20 AM
Got it! Looks nice...Already found a secret passage to the roof:D

NarcissistZero
10-16-07, 02:22 AM
I like the taxedermy thing... I checked it out with my poor character so I could only afford a few things, but I made a wolf and troll statue and they looked pretty cool, they're even sort of in a setting...

Otherwise it's thoroughly average. The castle looks like all the others and the battle was lame as you can get. I guess the practice room gives you an NPC to whack on over and over for leveling, but it's not like mods haven't done that before now, and it's semi-cheating if you ask me.

I'm an Elder Scrolls fanboy so I will have Oblivion on my machine for a looooong time, and I even play the PS3 version when I'm in the mood for couch gaming, but all the download stuff for Oblivion sucks if you ask me, other than the actual expansions.

Dragunov
10-16-07, 07:03 AM
Ok, where to find other free extra stuff like this castle?

where is those castle in the world of Oblivion? :)

thx

DRen72
10-17-07, 08:52 AM
Well, I played through the addon and actually even though the battle was far too easy (what battle?), the castle is really cool. It would have made a nice base of operations early on in the game. Lots of chests, display cases, features and crew. Nevertheless, it was my last Oblivion expedition. Oblivion has been uninstalled after playing the game itself, nearly all side quests, the expansion packs and several addons. Lots of fun!

ASUSEN7900GTX
10-17-07, 11:29 AM
so can this addon be installed in like 2 weeks from now or does it only work this week then it canīt be used?

Capt. Picard
10-17-07, 11:45 AM
Played it. Was disappointed. The battle was meh. I have just under 100 mods installed and this one counts as average.

But I can't wait for TES 5!!!!

FastRedPonyCar
10-17-07, 11:55 AM
I installed it but I also have orange box installed so.... yeah...