PDA

View Full Version : Gabe: I think PS3 is a waste of everybody's time

Pages : [1] 2 3

Moo
10-11-07, 10:02 AM
The fatman speaks:

I think [PS3 is] a waste of everybody’s time. Investing in the Cell, investing in the SPE gives you no long-term benefits. There’s nothing there that you’re going to apply to anything else. You’re not going to gain anything except a hatred of the architecture they’ve created. I don’t think they’re going to make money off their box. I don’t think it’s a good solution.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7422&Itemid=61

Flame on! (But read the entire article first) (lee63)

superklye
10-11-07, 10:06 AM
Wow...he just went up a few notches in my book.

Mr. Hunt
10-11-07, 10:21 AM
Also a waste of time according to Gabe Newell:

Vegetables
Fruits
Exercise

Saintster
10-11-07, 10:21 AM
who cares what that fat ass thinks.

Saintster
10-11-07, 10:22 AM

Vegetables
Fruits
Exercise

:jumping: :D

Tr1cK
10-11-07, 10:28 AM
Wow...he just went up a few notches in my book.
+1

Lyme
10-11-07, 10:40 AM
who cares what that fat ass thinks.

A lot more people care what he thinks, than people care what you think. At least Gabe in his royal fatness has accomplished something, and you?

Tr1cK
10-11-07, 10:48 AM
A lot more people care what he thinks, than people care what you think. At least Gabe in his royal fatness has accomplished something, and you?
:udawg: (popcorn)

superklye
10-11-07, 10:48 AM

Vegetables
Fruits
Exercise
Huh?

He eats ketchup and his chewing muscles outmatch any mortal man alive.

Moo
10-11-07, 10:55 AM
"His Royal Fatness" +1 :D

All jokes aside, I think he gave a reasonable defense on why PS3's architecture is less attractive than 360's, in terms of the Intel single -> multi core progression, as well as ROI spent on a non-reused architecture (in gaming anyway) vs. something that's reusable, from a developer perspective.

Mr. Hunt
10-11-07, 11:08 AM
Huh?

He eats ketchup and his chewing muscles outmatch any mortal man alive.

You found my flawed logic... bastard.

superklye
10-11-07, 11:18 AM
You found my flawed logic... bastard.
:D

nekrosoft13
10-11-07, 11:42 AM
The fatman speaks:

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7422&Itemid=61

Flame on! (But read the entire article first) (lee63)

smart guy

cell been a waste from the start.

nightmare beta
10-11-07, 11:48 AM
I keep looking at this photo of him...he must be related to Michael Moore, they just share too much in common from both a physical and psychological outlook.
I'm glad someone else agrees with me.

I think he's complaining about t he ps3 architecture, b/c he's not a greatprogrammer, and it takes himforever to program something.

3DBrad
10-11-07, 11:50 AM
No, Sony just messed up again like they did with the PS2 when basically no one wanted to program for it, and it took about 4-5 years to get a good looking game from it. :p

six_storm
10-11-07, 11:54 AM
Get em Gabe. Now if Valve can just quit riding ATI . . .

zoomy942
10-11-07, 12:32 PM
truer words were never spoken

msxyz
10-11-07, 12:35 PM
His opinions may be debatable but why people keep bringing up the "fat" argument when talking about Gabe Newell ?

For some people fat is just a choice of living, for other is a real illness.

Either way, attacking him personally (or making fun at him) instead of discussing the merits/shortfall of his ideas is puerile.

Tygerwoody
10-11-07, 12:35 PM
I'll agree that the cell architecture sucks for gaming... but at least I am gaming. Not waiting on my dead xbox360 to get back from microsoft. :D

Bad functionality > no functionality

superklye
10-11-07, 12:38 PM
His opinions may be debatable but why people keep bringing up the "fat" argument when talking about Gabe Newell ?
Because 9/10 times fat = lazy and considering how often their releases are pushed waaaaaay back, it's not hard to assume that someone that large isn't just lazy in his personal life. ;)

Mr. Hunt
10-11-07, 01:09 PM
I heard HL2 was ready to be released for 3 years but nobody could find Gabe to give the thumbs up... he was later found in a Krispy Kremes.

evox
10-11-07, 01:15 PM

I think he's complaining about t he ps3 architecture, b/c he's not a greatprogrammer, and it takes himforever to program something.
get away, right now. go away. don't visit this thread. ever. k?

Lyme
10-11-07, 02:45 PM

It may take him a long time to program something, but I bet you $100 that he knows how to spell.

zoomy942
10-11-07, 02:50 PM
It may take him a long time to program something, but I bet you $100 that he knows how to spell.

hahaha!!

nightmare beta
10-11-07, 02:51 PM

For some people fat is just a choice of living, for other is a real illness.

Either way, attacking him personally (or making fun at him) instead of discussing the merits/shortfall of his ideas is puerile.
he's morbidly obese, and people like his games so they don't want him to die.