PDA

View Full Version : Ratchet and Clank - PSN Demo impressions

Pages : [1] 2

PeterJensen
10-12-07, 01:53 AM
Impressions..

Graphics are incredible, 60fps with perfect AA in 720p. The attention to detail is absolutely mindblowing, I was looking at a wall up close and no two bricks were the same, each had a different texture to it. There are scuffs and imperfections in nearly every surface as well. Draw distance in the city is astounding, dozens of craft zip around while the city is being bombed, not to mention the huge airships that fly overhead. It's like you're playing through a CGI movie, enemies and environments also feature superstar polygon counts.

Gameplay was fun, game had alot of humor to it. Cut scenes were well done and look absolutely ape ****.

Day one purchase, bravo insomniac.

Nice, downloading now :p

christos
10-12-07, 07:11 AM
I agree. I loved the demo and was very impressed with the graphics. There's no doubt I'll be buying this on release day.

LurkerLito
10-12-07, 07:58 AM
I agree. I was very impressed by the demo, still not sure if I want to buy it or just rent and play through it. The only bad thing for me was in manual aim mode, there was no option to invert the Y-axis. I just had to rely on auto aim.

1337_Like_ThaT
10-12-07, 08:40 AM
Demo was Awesome Period

Made this a must have for when it launches :)

Marvel_us
10-12-07, 08:42 AM
I knew you guys would like it!

This build is actually a lot more polished then the demo I have on disc. Framerate is even smoother and you can strafe via holding down L2. Overall it's the same demo but this one is more optimized.

PeterJensen
10-12-07, 09:25 AM
Gameplay = Incredibly smooth and polished and just Super ****ing fun!

Sound = Best use of 5.1 DTS out there hands down

Graphics = Nothing comes close to this...NOTHING!, it is hands down the best looking game released so far and i don't see anything this year on consoles coming close. i don't care what Tom dick or harry has to say. oh yea its 60fps to boot.

Just got home from work and will try it now

Wavern
10-12-07, 05:44 PM
I downloaded the demo last night and played it through twice and twice this morning.

... wow. They've done a hell of a job. I have no idea how they've managed to have that much detail with the rock solid frame rate. Hell they even got the sixaxis part to seem accurate in it's control.

This game should be out and available yesterday.. it's definitely something I'm getting the day it's released.

Slash310
10-12-07, 06:04 PM
ive had the demo for almost 2 weeks and i really haven't gotten a chance to play it. maybe ill play it tonight after reading your guys comments

OWA
10-12-07, 06:45 PM
I wasn't really following this game since it didn't look like my type but I was definitely impressed with the demo. It was great (and the graphics were great).

NaitoSan
10-12-07, 07:34 PM
I'll hit it.

Err, I meant, I'll buy it. The demo is impressive.

Wavern
10-13-07, 01:26 AM
ive had the demo for almost 2 weeks and i really haven't gotten a chance to play it. maybe ill play it tonight after reading your guys comments

I'd suggest downloading the version from the psn store. The disc version from gamestop is apparently an old unpolished build.

tornadog
10-13-07, 01:45 AM
sorry not for me...I just cant get myself to like these cartoony games...graphics are great I must admit!

Mr. Hunt
10-13-07, 06:23 AM
Yeah I played the demo and while it looked amazing it just made me realize I can't get into a platformer anymore... I just can't do it.

1337_Like_ThaT
10-13-07, 06:40 AM
I'd suggest downloading the version from the psn store. The disc version from gamestop is apparently an old unpolished build.

Thanks for the heads up. I too been playing th GameStop demodisc but I'll be sure to download the PSN version instead

Mr_LoL
10-13-07, 11:36 AM
Yet again the EU store get left behind when it comes to demos. Has anyone got a US address I can borrow to make a US account? Like an old college or something?

PeterJensen
10-13-07, 11:43 AM
Yet again the EU store get left behind when it comes to demos. Has anyone got a US address I can borrow to make a US account? Like an old college or something?

ehh you can just make up random one :p
I uses the one from Beverly hills 90210 :captnkill: :captnkill:

Q
10-13-07, 01:17 PM
Wow...

I can finally stop feeling so bad about buying a PS3. :p

ralinn
10-13-07, 01:45 PM
Yeah I played the demo and while it looked amazing it just made me realize I can't get into a platformer anymore... I just can't do it.

Same for me. I can see why everyone likes it though.

PeterJensen
10-13-07, 01:52 PM
Wow...

I can finally stop feeling so bad about buying a PS3. :p

Sad? I got mine for a long time now and i use it for allot of things, one among them is games. I have it running almost 24/7 and and a least it dont die like the crapbox360.

Q
10-13-07, 01:55 PM
Sad? I got mine for a long time now and i use it for allot of things, one among them is games. I have it running almost 24/7 and and a least it dont die like the crapbox360.

No... I said bad. ;)

I'm just happy that there are finally some GREAT games coming out for it instead of just GOOD. This is a good thing.

PeterJensen
10-13-07, 02:31 PM
No... I said bad. ;)

I'm just happy that there are finally some GREAT games coming out for it instead of just GOOD. This is a good thing.

yea, well after the "Gave from valve knows all thread" i'm sick of all the haters. I love the games i have on the PS3 and the use i have of it. I got my 200GB disk, Warhawk, Sega rally revo and allot of other games that i love. I got Drakes comming up and allot of other games also. I'm sick of haters that dont have the console talking **** here on the console forum.

NaitoSan
10-13-07, 03:17 PM
i use ps3 mainly as movie player. now that some good games' coming out, its good. :) so far i have 5 games for it. (excluding bunch of ps1/2 games that i have).

Buenamos
10-13-07, 03:42 PM
yea, well after the "Gave from valve knows all thread" i'm sick of all the haters. I love the games i have on the PS3 and the use i have of it. I got my 200GB disk, Warhawk, Sega rally revo and allot of other games that i love. I got Drakes comming up and allot of other games also. I'm sick of haters that dont have the console talking **** here on the console forum.

Don't provoke it then...you're just gonna get more of them in here.

I have it running almost 24/7 and and a least it dont die like the crapbox360.

Mr_LoL
10-14-07, 01:14 AM
ehh you can just make up random one :p
I uses the one from Beverly hills 90210 :captnkill: :captnkill:
I have just used that one too. I wonder just how many people in the EU have used that address.

Marvel_us
10-14-07, 04:14 PM
This week's 1up show has a lot of new footage of Ratchet and Uncharted. I recommend everyone to check it out.