10-12-07, 07:23 PM
So you're saying that UT3 runs "halos" (circles) around Halo 3. :D

|JuiceZ|
10-12-07, 07:33 PM
So you're saying that UT3 runs "halos" (circles) around Halo 3. :D

ok "Your fired!" :D

NaitoSan
10-12-07, 07:36 PM
it's probably just me... UT3 doesn't look that impressive but i'm going to wait for retail version since demo doesn't have all high quality textures, etc. also ut isn't one of my type of games anyway. for sure, i'll buy gears of war for pc.

conroejoe
10-12-07, 07:37 PM
Halo 3 for xbox 360 looks real old now! After playing UT3 on the PC

haha yea, the PC is just rocking this month with demos and eye candy. No console can keep up with a decent PC right now.

breathemetal
10-12-07, 07:38 PM
halo 3 ftl
ut3 ftw

conroejoe
10-12-07, 07:38 PM
it's probably just me... UT3 doesn't look that impressive but i'm going to wait for retail version since demo doesn't have all high quality textures, etc. also ut isn't one of my type of games anyway. for sure, i'll buy gears of war for pc.

you've gotta realize it's a downloadable demo. They cant have monster textures or the DL would be huge. Compared to the others that have come out recently around 1.5GB this is half the size. I'm sure retail will look even better...

|JuiceZ|
10-12-07, 07:40 PM
you've gotta realize it's a downloadable demo. They cant have monster textures or the DL would be huge. Compared to the others that have come out recently around 1.5GB this is half the size. I'm sure retail will look even better...

I agree, I was actually surprised the demo was only 750meg or so considering the 1.0+GB demos that have been released lately.

nekrosoft13
10-12-07, 07:44 PM

halo 3 looked old compared to games that were released last year

conroejoe
10-12-07, 07:45 PM
halo 3 looked old compared to games that were released last year

QFT, what's Halo?? :p

S.I.N
10-12-07, 07:51 PM
I don't think you can compare them really. Yeah there both shooters but they play kind of different. Gears of War might be a better comparison.

Mangler
10-12-07, 07:56 PM
I don't think you can compare them really. Yeah there both shooters but they play kind of different. Gears of War might be a better comparison.

Even though Gears of war looks exactly like ut3, it's not a good comparison gameplay wise either, the gameplay is worlds apart, gow is slow, and ut3 is kind of fast(but not as fast as the oldies in this genre).

nekrosoft13
10-12-07, 07:56 PM
i'm curious about the sp part of the game.

will be like UT 2003/2004. a small ladder fighting though few levels.

CaptNKILL
10-12-07, 08:01 PM
will be like UT 2003/2004. a small ladder fighting though few levels.
No, I'm pretty sure its going to have a single player story and campaign.

EDIT:
http://www.firingsquad.com/games/unreal_tournament_3_impressions/

this time there's an actual single-player storyline and campaign as well rather than the threadbare plot of the previous games that was an excuse to put in bot battles in multiplayer maps.

:)

NaitoSan
10-12-07, 08:12 PM
yeah i realized that but again, UT doesn't really impresses me, i mean gears of war kind of stole the thunder with UE3 and like i said, i'm never a big fan of UT series. :)

maybe i'll buy it if they get alot of cool mods like remake of doom or something crazy then that'd be awesome.

jolle
10-12-07, 08:14 PM
They can, alot of demos do AFAIK.
But they choose not to, they did the same with UT2k4 demo back then.
I guess its a trade off, the % of the target audience that can (or WILL, alot of people pull down the gfx to get high framerate for this fast type of gameplay) acctually run the game maxed is prolly relatively small, so cutting out a huge chunk of the texture load for the demo is prolly worth the tradeoff in "PR value" with the game not looking its absolute best.
The highest res texture set might even be as big as all the other sets combined, depending on how many sets they have and what resolution steps etc..

It scales down really well too.
Played it on our schoolcomps, Pentium(4) D 2.8Ghz, Quadro FX3450/4000 (around 6600GT i belive).. Looked like ass, but ran really well.
Defaulted to 640x480, but I belive the 50% screen thingie means it upscales after rendering at 320x240.. some other game called it Pixel Doubling I think (FEAR?)

S.I.N
10-12-07, 08:26 PM
Even though Gears of war looks exactly like ut3, it's not a good comparison gameplay wiser either, the gameplay is worlds apart, gow is slow, and ut3 is kind of fast(but not as fast as the oldies in this genre).

Maybe but I think many PC gamers and hardcore UT fans that have not played it yet may be VERY surprised especially at multiplayer. I will go as far to say that GOWs multiplayer feels more fresh if not a little better that UT3. I think it will also get more mods than UT3.

Anyone that has played Gears of War on 360 thinks this also?:o

Eliminator
10-12-07, 08:29 PM
i found halo 3 a bit dissapointing especially since it was so short... halo 1 is still the best

ralinn
10-12-07, 08:38 PM
Apples, oranges.

kev13dd
10-12-07, 08:40 PM
UT2004 looked better than Halo 3

Likes it been said, apples to oranges. Was this really thread worthy?

K

$n][pErMan
10-12-07, 08:41 PM
You see what happens when your stuck working overtime... you miss all the cool new demos that are out... will have to DL and hopefully play a little this weekend....

six_storm
10-12-07, 11:21 PM
Lord have mercy, we have riled up the PC fanboys . . .

Mr Bigman
10-12-07, 11:55 PM
Things are definatly happening for PC gamers this fall.

All these demos and eye candy really puts me on the spot.

I told my wife all im doing is eat sleep powerlifting and gaming and she didn't like that oh well i like it.

Keep up with the games i will buy them and beat them.

Gaco
10-13-07, 07:01 AM
Lord have mercy, we have riled up the PC fanboys . . .
Indeed.. Their're actually just as sad as the console fanboys :|