PDA

View Full Version : OK, I have had ENOUGH

Pages : [1] 2 3

callthecops
10-14-07, 04:03 AM
i dont't know where to place this emotional post of mine, but i will place it here for most relevance.

yep, as the title says, i have DEFINITELY had enough... with my evga 8800 gtx. nothing wrong with it, but its my extreme paranoia that ALWAYS takes me over whenever i turn on my pc, thinking that the thing will overheat. it sits idle at 65degC and i know most of you will say how thats such a nice temperature, but for me its not. im coming from an 8600 and that thing was COOL, as in 36degC cool. im absolutely not joking. i bought a hr-03 two days ago, but still it sits untouched because of my goddamm paranoia.

so here it is. my ultimate question. do any of you know anywhere online where i can sell my 8800 gtx that i got only 2 weeks ago? i am willing to include the brand new hr-03 plus and zalman 92mm fan for free. i am WAY too chicken to go about installing that thing, the heatsink and fan, because just the thought of taking apart the stock cooler is just too much for me to handle. i have no idea what my dad thought when he bought the hr-03 for me to assemble, but whatever the reason is, he mustve had some lapse in rational thinking (...lol).

yeah, so if any of you can recommend me a site where i can sell my 8800 gtx (with free hr-03 plus and zalman 92mm fan), PLEASE enlighten me!!! im about to go crazy...:( :( :( :( :(

callthecops
10-14-07, 04:07 AM
the heat must be bcuz of my absolutely craptacular case ventilation but i am in no way willing to spend anymore money on my new system...

so any websites in particular where i can sell this thing?

mojoman0
10-14-07, 04:15 AM
wtf selling that would be ridiculous. evga cards have a healthy warranty so if you ever did have a problem, which you most likely WONT, they'd replace it. Either get a new case or cut a whole in your side panel :) My video card runs idle over 60 C as well and I have never ever had a problem with it.

Saintster
10-14-07, 04:30 AM
I thought my cousin had mental issues. You need to see a doctor you are not mentally stable dude. Or wait until the acid wears off and you come back to the real world.

jAkUp
10-14-07, 04:31 AM
"Overheating" for the card is 115c. Your current temps are perfectly fine.

[EOCF] Tim
10-14-07, 05:27 AM
Mine idles at like 70c, I don't have a problem with it, they are pretty much made for temps like that anyway?! :)

CaptNKILL
10-14-07, 07:31 AM
When it was really hot here a few weeks ago mine was idling at 80c, running at stock clocks. THAT was a ventilation problem (remedied by adding a slot exhaust fan right below the card).

I still never had any stability problems with it. It was probably almost 100C under full load too.

I think you need to relax and just forget about it man. Just be glad you aren't coming from a Socket 7 Pentium that didn't even require a fan. You'd be having a heart attack because of all the high-heat components in your system now.

JaxMacFL
10-14-07, 09:36 AM
Put your computer on a table and open it up. Reroute some cables, install your cooler and just have a good time with it. You'll not regret the learning experience. It is both exciting and rewarding. Don't worry about screwing anything up. You'd have to really work hard to break it. The hardware is more durable than you think. Dive in, you can't learn to swim without getting wet.

callthecops
10-14-07, 09:40 AM
I thought my cousin had mental issues. You need to see a doctor you are not mentally stable dude. Or wait until the acid wears off and you come back to the real world.

would it change things a bit if i told u that at load (i.e. playing nfs carbon for 30 maxxed out details) the temp rises to almost 120degC?
sorry i left out this detail if it does matter anyway... i guess according to u guys 65degC is a good idle temp. but what about load? i swear ANY graphics intensive thing i do will easily bring it above at least 100degC. :(
was playing through R6:vegas yesterday, and temperature right after i finished was almost 127degC... sigh

Airbrushkid
10-14-07, 10:16 AM
You do know there is a difference between Degree and Celsius? So when you refer to 127degC it cannot be both. So 127 degrees is actually 53 Celsius. And 127 Celsius is actually 261 Degrees.

callthecops
10-14-07, 10:18 AM
You do know there is a difference between Degree and Celsius? So when you refer to 127degC it cannot be both. So 127 degrees is actually 53 Celsius. And 127 Celsius is actually 261 Degrees.

huh? thats how celsius is written =S degrees celsius: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celsius

i think ur referring to fahrenheit lol

Revs
10-14-07, 10:31 AM
127 deg C sounds WAAAAAAAY too high. Too high to be possible in fact. What are you using to measure your temp??

nVidia Monitor is probably the best thing to use. But to be reaching those temps, if they are correct, the only thing I can think of is your fan not working. Is it?

Revs
10-14-07, 10:40 AM

Eh?? Your just confusing the poor lad. All temp readings are in degrees, be it degrees celsius or degrees fahrenheit.

Airbrushkid
10-14-07, 10:43 AM
You ever watch the weather man on tv and they tell you it's sunny and 80 degrees outside? The don't refer to Fahrenheit or Celsius. Have you ever heard someone say the boiling point water is 212 degrees. Here I took this off wikipedia.

The Rankine temperature scale was invented to use degrees the same size as Fahrenheit degrees, so 0 R would be absolute zero, namely −459.67 F.

callthecops
10-14-07, 10:46 AM
You ever watch the weather man on tv and they tell you it's sunny and 80 degrees outside? The don't refer to Fahrenheit or Celsius. Have you ever heard someone say the boiling point water is 212 degrees. Here I took this off wikipedia.

that depends on where u live:) im guessing u live inthe states? im more north, canada lol we use degrees celsius

callthecops
10-14-07, 10:48 AM
127 deg C sounds WAAAAAAAY too high. Too high to be possible in fact. What are you using to measure your temp??

nVidia Monitor is probably the best thing to use. But to be reaching those temps, if they are correct, the only thing I can think of is your fan not working. Is it?

see what i mean? now do i have a valid reason to be paranoid when playing games? lol... sad that i have to prove myself in order to be paranoid on forums
the stock fan is cranked up to 100% on rivatuner... still getting them insane temperatures. my best guess would be my case and the ventilation inside
but going back to my initial question, is ebay a good place to sell vga cards? still completely intact with few free goodies like hr-03 and zalman fan which im definitely not going to install:)

Airbrushkid
10-14-07, 10:53 AM
Do you have Ntune installed?

Airbrushkid
10-14-07, 10:55 AM
And in Rivatuner what does it say for Fan rpms?

callthecops
10-14-07, 11:02 AM
And in Rivatuner what does it say for Fan rpms?

when i put it to 80% it hovers around 2293 rpms and at 100% its at 2842 rpms. i read it straight from rivatuner hardware monitor

Revs
10-14-07, 11:17 AM
Still really need to know what you're using to measure your temps! Alot of programs will report the wrong temps.

As for having to proove yourself, that's not the case. We can only work on the info you provide. Your idle temp is quite normal at 60 odd degrees, but as you didn't specify your load temp, how would we know there was a problem ;)

Airbrushkid
10-14-07, 11:21 AM
Another question, have you took the side cover off and left it off for a while and played a game then checked temperatures? And what where the temps then?

mullet
10-14-07, 11:21 AM
I would check case air flow.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=28494&stc=1&d=1192374994

callthecops
10-14-07, 11:29 AM
@Revs: lol sorry, when i read over the post i found out that i left out that part. :( but u cant blame me, i was frustrated and it was at 4am in the morning!! lol

@Airbrushkid: yes i have taken the side panel off. it does help a bit like at load it goes down to 110 for nfs carbon. but i know that the temp reading is somewhat accurate because when i touched it ever so slightly, i almost got a burn :thumbdwn:

@mullet: case flow is my number one enemy. sonata III definitely was NOT a good choice for housing a gtx. and those temps are AWESOME, wow 0__0

Revs
10-14-07, 11:35 AM
@Revs: lol sorry, when i read over the post i found out that i left out that part. :( but u cant blame me, i was frustrated and it was at 4am in the morning!! lol

God damit man, so what are you using? :D

Unless you are reading the temp correctly there no point in looking any further. It will feel bloody hot at 80*C, but that is perfectly normal.

Airbrushkid
10-14-07, 11:37 AM
Did you install a second 120 mm fan up front in the case? Have you check the filter up to make sure it's clean?