PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo market value surpasses 10 trillion

H3avyM3tal
10-15-07, 10:24 AM
Here (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6180971.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1)

Analysts continued to be upbeat about the company, despite recent reports that software houses in Japan were concerned about the longevity of the Wii. KBC Securities analyst Hiroshi Kamide said, "There's more upside than downside risk. There's every reason to believe Nintendo will continue to execute its strategy well in expanding the gaming industry to strengthen its position...and really keep doing what it's been doing regardless of what competition is doing."

Thats friggin' 85,000,000,000 $...
Damn thats alot...

Zelda_fan, you're still ghey.

SeriTonin
10-15-07, 10:29 AM
::: waits for new thread that states Nintendo is falling in Japan to contradict everything stated here :::

Honestly, either pure ripping or pure success.....no middle ground for the big N.

Zelda_fan
10-15-07, 11:02 AM
Zelda_fan, you're still ghey.

This thread is off to a nice un-bias start.

H3avyM3tal
10-15-07, 11:19 AM
This thread is off to a nice un-bias start.

If I wouldnt have done it, you would, so I saved you the trouble.

Mr_LoL
10-15-07, 12:30 PM
Nintendo's strategy is right on the money. The wii unfortunately doesn't appeal to me though.

msxyz
10-15-07, 12:40 PM
Portable is the way to go. Forget the Wii. The DS is where the real money is.

Both hardware and software sales wise. :)

H3avyM3tal
10-15-07, 12:46 PM
You know what, I really dont understand this. Its really strange, but how far can the Wii's control scheme hold out? I mean, all of the games are nothing ground-breaking. So whats the deal here? Even though some developers have doubts, N still continues to make $$... They are worth now five times their worth last gen...

Anyone has the numbers of how many each of the Wii's top games sold?

Ninjaman09
10-15-07, 01:47 PM
If you ask me it's because they finally learned how to market their hardware and design it with a more appealing aesthetic. The controller is a big hit with a lot of people who don't usually play video games. I know the DS is a big deal for Nintendo but I wouldn't disregard the Wii like that - it may have limited appeal to self-styled "hardcore" gamers but the fact is that it is the best executed console Nintendo has done since the SNES.