10-17-07, 02:57 AM
Doesn't count imho, he said its not stable on 3D apps ;p

SH64
10-17-07, 04:01 AM
Doesn't count imho, he said its not stable on 3D apps ;p
Bah .. no point then.

Revs
10-17-07, 04:13 AM
Don't 500mhz FSB x 6 = 3000mhz? That Aegis program says it's 1000 but CPU-Z clearly says 500mhz. If it was 1000mhz FSB that would give him a 4000mhz rated FSB.

gulizard
10-17-07, 05:46 AM
Yorkfield? Isn't that not out yet? Could be an error with CPU-Z since I don't think its actually out to the public yet is it?

ViN86
10-17-07, 07:38 AM
Don't 500mhz FSB x 6 = 3000mhz? That Aegis program says it's 1000 but CPU-Z clearly says 500mhz. If it was 1000mhz FSB that would give him a 4000mhz rated FSB.
if you read the posts on the website. seems that CPU-Z is reading the information wrong. seems he has a very new board as he also commented on some features not being able to be disabled until newer BIOS revisions, like EIST. not to mention the fact that the processor has yet to be released.

the OC is not fake. Shamino has been doing this for years. the guy is legit.

Yorkfield? Isn't that not out yet? Could be an error with CPU-Z since I don't think its actually out to the public yet is it?
this guy is a very well known extreme overclocker. im sure he got an early release CPU from Intel or another review site. they do this for publicity. they send out processors to respected ppl in the community and have them OC it and publicize it. it's brilliant when you think about it. look at how many ppl have already seen Yorkfield's 6GHz mark and all it cost Intel was the price of the CPU, heh.

ever notice how jAkUp always has the latest and greatest video cards? makes me wonder if he's the same way. he's a very respected member here and he works for evga. that makes him a pretty good candidate imo.

Revs
10-17-07, 10:13 AM
Yeah, i've seen him before, it just didn't look to match up. That is one hell of an OC then. 6Ghz x 4. That's alota hz

john19055
10-17-07, 10:14 AM
something just don't seem right,I wait until I see some real benchmarks.

ViN86
10-17-07, 12:57 PM
something just don't seem right,I wait until I see some real benchmarks.
this guy is notorious for his overclocks. what doesnt seem right?

the guy is legit, the CPU is a sample cause it's not released yet, the board BIOS is a beta, of course the software is not going to be 100% correct. what it all comes down to is what his BIOS is set at, not what third party crap in windows is reading.

also, dont expect this type of OC for yourself. this guy is running some serious voltage and cooling tweaks to pull off something of this magnitude. the average overclocker will not come close to this number.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-17-07, 01:02 PM
lol, yeah, theres LN2 cooling for ya :D

agentkay
10-17-07, 01:02 PM
this guy is running some serious voltage and cooling tweaks to pull off something of this magnitude. the average overclocker will not come close to this number.

And lots of LN2.

I hope mine will do 3.6Ghz on air. It would make me very happy. :D

ViN86
10-17-07, 01:05 PM
lol, yeah, theres LN2 cooling for ya :D
heh yep.

i really dont think ppl understand that this guy's CPU is running at temperatures below 0C.

hell, if its the same temp as the LN2, it's not too far from absolute zero lol.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-17-07, 01:11 PM
IBM got a chip to run at 500 Ghz not too long ago by dropping its temp a couple of degrees off absolute zero. They aren't the same type of chips we use in our PCs but still pretty impressive :D

Bman212121
10-17-07, 01:42 PM
I like this part. :)

Thanks guys! I guess 3d stable wise is probably from 5.5 to 5.7GHz, taking Kentsfields as reference, but nevermind, we'll see what Hipro5 and Kingpin can do with this in Greece

gulizard
10-18-07, 12:46 AM
if you read the posts on the website. seems that CPU-Z is reading the information wrong. seems he has a very new board as he also commented on some features not being able to be disabled until newer BIOS revisions, like EIST. not to mention the fact that the processor has yet to be released.

the OC is not fake. Shamino has been doing this for years. the guy is legit.

this guy is a very well known extreme overclocker. im sure he got an early release CPU from Intel or another review site. they do this for publicity. they send out processors to respected ppl in the community and have them OC it and publicize it. it's brilliant when you think about it. look at how many ppl have already seen Yorkfield's 6GHz mark and all it cost Intel was the price of the CPU, heh.

ever notice how jAkUp always has the latest and greatest video cards? makes me wonder if he's the same way. he's a very respected member here and he works for evga. that makes him a pretty good candidate imo.

Yeah I knew jakup worked for EVGA seen him on the forums... I don't think he gets the latest and greatest though. As I remember him selling his GTX's on here so he could afford the Ultra's he bought. I am sure he gets a discount of some kind though... I wish Intel would send me a CPU LOL!

Everyone says that an average overclock wouldn't come close to this number. Well the average person hasn't got the latest Intel Processor, who knows what it can do. I'd be happy seeing some benchies from the CPU at stock speeds compared to some of the older quads...

ViN86
10-18-07, 12:57 AM
Yeah I knew jakup worked for EVGA seen him on the forums... I don't think he gets the latest and greatest though. As I remember him selling his GTX's on here so he could afford the Ultra's he bought. I am sure he gets a discount of some kind though... I wish Intel would send me a CPU LOL!

Everyone says that an average overclock wouldn't come close to this number. Well the average person hasn't got the latest Intel Processor, who knows what it can do. I'd be happy seeing some benchies from the CPU at stock speeds compared to some of the older quads...
yea, but gulizard. when you OC, you will probably be running it on air. maybe water if you have the means.

this guy OC's on liquid nitrogen! not to mention the serious voltage workarounds he probably has to keep his memory stable. his OC's are on steroids compared to ours lol.

Blacklash
10-18-07, 03:51 AM
If it's Shamino, it's legit.

gulizard
10-18-07, 04:40 AM
yea, but gulizard. when you OC, you will probably be running it on air. maybe water if you have the means.

this guy OC's on liquid nitrogen! not to mention the serious voltage workarounds he probably has to keep his memory stable. his OC's are on steroids compared to ours lol.

Yeah but what I am saying is still its a beta processor more or less. We have no idea what Yorkshire o/cs like... so it maybe stable at 4GHz.. if that thing boots into windows at 6GHz.. I'd love to see if it'd run some games at 4GHz.. 4 Cores 4GHz imagine the day we all start seeing clock speeds of 4.6GHz and up... wow

I know hes got that thing on nitrogen fyi