PDA

View Full Version : PS3 sales up to 170% in UK

Pages : [1] 2

msxyz
10-17-07, 02:36 PM
...but it's the 60GB model !!!

89% of the total sales, actually.

It seems that people are more concerned about loosing BC anytime soon after the introduction of the 40GB PS3 :lol:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6181094.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;4

Is really the 40GB PS3 seen as the new "tard pack" ? This reinforces my belief that backwards compatibility, in Europe, IS seen as a substantial feature of the Playstation brand. Not to mention the better bang for the buck with two free games and an extra controller.

sytaylor
10-17-07, 02:50 PM
The 360 core is pretty retarded, and I'd feel short changed if I had it. Same goes for the new 40gig PS3. So yes. Its reeling in people who dont know any better. From a business standpoint they manufacture less costly blurays and make much more on the unit sale. From a market standpoint the customer looses a key asset after launch.

Announcing this pre-launch would have been very different.

Namrok
10-17-07, 02:56 PM
I know I've been thinking about getting a 60gig PS3 off amazon before they are gone. I'm really going to NEED backwards compatibility. It's not even an option. There are more PS2 games that I still play than there are PS3 games that will likely ever come out.

SwedX
10-17-07, 04:17 PM
Im gonna get a 40 GB very soon, dont care about the backwards compatibility at all and the new 40 GB should be even quiter then the older one!

But what I have read the old one sounds like a slim PS2 and that cant be heard.
Man I love Sony they know how to build consoles thats for sure.

The 360 is a jetplane,even my high end PC sounds nothing compared to that POS :D

Lyme
10-17-07, 06:30 PM
Im gonna get a 40 GB very soon, dont care about the backwards compatibility at all and the new 40 GB should be even quiter then the older one!

Looks like your part of the 11%

ENU291
10-17-07, 07:05 PM
The 360 core is pretty retarded, and I'd feel short changed if I had it. Same goes for the new 40gig PS3. So yes. Its reeling in people who dont know any better. From a business standpoint they manufacture less costly blurays and make much more on the unit sale. From a market standpoint the customer looses a key asset after launch.

Announcing this pre-launch would have been very different.
The difference between the so called "retard" 360 core system and the 40GB PS3 system is that after you purchase the hard drive for the Core 360 ALL of its abilities become available (BC, Movie/TV rental, Downloadable content etc...).

ralinn
10-17-07, 07:09 PM
Looks like your part of the 11%
I'm sure they wouldn't like to be grouped with him :)

SwedX
10-17-07, 07:24 PM
Why would I want to play PS2 Games..come on guys welcome to the 21 century.
I buy PS3 for PS3 Games and not some titles from 100 years ago..or buy the more expansive version if you cant live without PS2 compitability.

Sony do a great thing here as more choises = more harware sold but that is to much for some of you to understand obviously!

Lyme
10-18-07, 12:39 AM
Why would I want to play PS2 Games..come on guys welcome to the 21 century.
I buy PS3 for PS3 Games and not some titles from 100 years ago..or buy the more expansive version if you cant live without PS2 compitability.

Sony do a great thing here as more choises = more harware sold but that is to much for some of you to understand obviously!

At least we understand the word "shill"

Zelda_fan
10-18-07, 01:00 AM
Why would I want to play PS2 Games..

because all PS3 games currently suck ass. I never owned a PS2, but there are a few games I'd like to play. So a j00-ray player + PS2 compatibility means I might actually buy it.

I guess I'll just stick with a Wii60 + HD-DVD player. Seems like the more intelligent solution to me.

buffbiff21
10-18-07, 01:09 AM
because all PS3 games currently suck ass.
Armored Core 4, Virtua Fighter 5, and Heavenly Sword don't suck ass. Flame me all you want, punk. The only current gen system I own right now is a Wii (Metroid).

I never owned a PS2
You've been missing out. Give in to the hate...

http://www.martinwildig.com/pictures/emperor.jpg

Zelda_fan
10-18-07, 01:13 AM
Armored Core 4, Virtua Fighter 5, and Heavenly Sword don't suck ass.

in my opinion (and in the opinion of reviewers) they do.

buffbiff21
10-18-07, 01:20 AM
Reviewers? LOL. Claiming opinion defeats purpose.

I just realized AC4 is multiplatform, along with VF5.

Heavenly Sword has been well received. Not sure where you come off saying it hasn't. Same with Resistance.

Peoples-Agent
10-18-07, 01:44 AM
I will be buying the 40GB version if it has full WiFi functionality, i'm not bothered about BC whatsoever. I have no desire to play any older PS2 games.

But then Heavenly Sword is the only exclusive that looks anygood so far, and even that is short.

I'll wait until mid next year when buying a PS3 might be worth it.

Mr_LoL
10-18-07, 02:32 AM
I will be buying the 40GB version if it has full WiFi functionality, i'm not bothered about BC whatsoever. I have no desire to play any older PS2 games.

But then Heavenly Sword is the only exclusive that looks anygood so far, and even that is short.

I'll wait until mid next year when buying a PS3 might be worth it.
But theres Motorstorm, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Resistance and games like Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted and Little Big Planet to come. Get one so I can kick your ass over psn playing Pro Evo 6.

npras42
10-18-07, 05:20 AM
The reason the 60GB version is selling so well is because they are giving away 2 first-party games (for example Resistance and Heavenly Sword) with it for free. So the console is only 50 ($100) more anyway and they are giving away about 80 of free software with it.

You doin't get anything extra with the 40GB version.

faraday
10-18-07, 05:56 AM
I bought one .... guess I don't know any better :(

SwedX
10-18-07, 10:15 AM
Yeah I see plenty high profiles games allready for the PS3 and soon Ratchet and Uncharted..IMO PS3 got much better games then the 360 who been out like forever it feels :D

thor1182
10-18-07, 11:02 AM
Yeah I see plenty high profiles games allready for the PS3 and soon Ratchet and Uncharted..IMO PS3 got much better games then the 360 who been out like forever it feels :D

0/10 troll attempt
have some waffels
(#)(#)(#)

SwedX
10-18-07, 11:13 AM
Not trying to troll around its just how I feel as I used to be a 360 owner but I never liked it, for the first it sounds like a jetplane and all the games I wanted was out or coming to the Pc annyway witch I can play with superior gfx and handling!

Xbox 360 is just a little Pc in a crappy costume and nothing more :D

thor1182
10-18-07, 11:23 AM
Not trying to troll around its just how I feel as I used to be a 360 owner but I never liked it, for the first it sounds like a jetplane and all the games I wanted was out or coming to the Pc annyway witch I can play with superior gfx and handling!

Xbox 360 is just a little Pc in a crappy costume and nothing more :D

I'll give .5/10 for that one. Just not enough shill in it. You might want to talk to magus or zelda fan how to troll more effectively.

ralinn
10-18-07, 11:55 AM
Nah, I think SwedX wins the fanboy match, no contest. To be a fanboy, you have partially retarded.

SwedX > *

Lyme
10-18-07, 12:04 PM
Reviewers? LOL. Claiming opinion defeats purpose.

I just realized AC4 is multiplatform, along with VF5.

Heavenly Sword has been well received. Not sure where you come off saying it hasn't. Same with Resistance.

VF5 for the PS3 does not include online play, while it will for the 360.

Heavenly Sword was well received, however no one gave the impression that it was a "great" game, rather a "better than most".

Resistance was also well received, and continued to have good reactions for quite a while. I'd say by gauging reactions that Resistance would be rated higher than Heavenly Sword.

Even so, the PS3 catalog of games is still quite small with only a few really good games. Given the price for the unit, the fact that it has been out for over a year now and is running in third place (by a wide margin), and now is dropping backward compatiblity for the enormus catalog of ps2 games; the future looks questionable for the PS3.

However this is a pretty boring thread, the PS3 still is in a "wait and see" category.. it may do well, it may bomb, it may be middle of the line. No matter how the PS3 does, it isn't going to take first, and that has to be a huge hit to Sony loosing the 1st place position.

Now in other news, rumours are abound that the re-released 360 elite has been selling out in Japan, but no one knows why.

fizzelopeguss
10-18-07, 12:24 PM
Bought one the other day, honestly after seeing and playing on the hardware i can understand the higher price, the build quality is vastly superior to the 360.

I'll see if i can get a wii sometime before christmas as well.

SwedX
10-18-07, 02:06 PM
Bought one the other day, honestly after seeing and playing on the hardware i can understand the higher price, the build quality is vastly superior to the 360.

I'll see if i can get a wii sometime before christmas as well.

Heres one smart man :D
Sony know how to build a console, more then you can say about MS POS who just breaks and feel oh so cheap ;)

Why cant they just stick to the Pc couse their Games For Windows iniative is tops and thats what they should be putting their money on :)