PDA

View Full Version : GT Prologue Demo Out Now!

christos
10-19-07, 03:21 PM
Download it from the Japan PSN store. There are guides online if you don't know how to create a Japan PSN account.

I'm downloading now, it's 736 MB.

Specifics:

In coordination with the 40th Tokyo Motor Show, the limited Gran Turismo 5 Prologue free demo will coincide with manufacturer's unveiling events on the show floor providing players the latest information and updates to the demo. In addition, live reports of the motor show and motor sport related news can also be downloaded through the demo.

Delivery:

An exclusive download title for the Playstation 3 with Playstation Store online service. Playstation 3 must have a Internet connection in order to download.
Demo cannot be downloaded with a personal computer or install from other storage media.
Availability:

Available to download from Oct. 20th, 2007 (around noon) to Nov. 11th, 2007
Content:

Demo will include 7 playable cars as follows:
Lexus IS-F
Nissan GT-R
Mazda Atenza
Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
Daihatsu OFC-1
BMW 135i Coupe
Demo will include 1 course - Suzuka
Player mode:

Single player mode with races up to 16 cars.

No online play for the demo.
In coordination with the 40th Tokyo Motor Show, new cars will be unveiled in game between Oct. 23 to Oct. 25
In game video contents included:
Gran Turismo TV with previews and reports.
Show floor reports direct from the 40th Tokyo Motor Show through Gran Turismo TV.
Motor Sport related news.

Marvel_us
10-19-07, 03:27 PM
Damn already!? I thought it was about several more hours away!

Christmas is tonight!

christos
10-19-07, 03:44 PM
Yea, it was supposedly supposed to come out around noon Japan time (11pm EST), but I was quite surprised to find out it's already there.

I was downloading quite fast and got up to 50% in like 5 minutes, and then I guess word got out everywhere that it was up. I'm in the 70 percents now.

Q
10-19-07, 03:58 PM
Any word on when the NA release will be? I'm just entirely too lazy to get a JapPSN account.

Marvel_us
10-19-07, 04:08 PM
Any word on when the NA release will be? I'm just entirely too lazy to get a JapPSN account.

November 11th I think. So if you don't feel lazy before then make a JP account!

Leaving work now!

LurkerLito
10-19-07, 05:11 PM
It's nice, but I was a bit disappointed that there were no in car views. Maybe that is GT5 and not prologue.

christos
10-19-07, 05:25 PM
Supposedly just the default car has no in car view, other cars do. I'm back working now so I haven't had a chance to check it out myself yet.

OWA
10-19-07, 05:30 PM
Ah, I was just going to ask about that since I didn't see an in-car view with the default car. Guess I'll try the other ones.

Edit: Yeah, you were right. I tried a different one and it has an in-car view. Thanks for the tip.

Bman212121
10-19-07, 06:03 PM
that kind of stinks... I don't know why they would make us wait a whole month for a demo. Looks like I'm going to have to find a Jap guide.

EDIT: LOL at your name OWA. :) Can someone link a guide so I can japanize my console?

nvm I found one. http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

christos
10-19-07, 06:13 PM
I looked over this link this morning and had my new account set up in about 5 mins.

http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

Bman212121
10-19-07, 06:35 PM
I got stuck on the address one. I don't think you can put it numbers into the lower ones cause I put numbers only assuming it was probably a phone number field or something. It probably would be easier to find a guide to make an American PSN account cause then you know what to fill out as the fields are probably all in the same places.

Mr_LoL
10-19-07, 09:22 PM
Good game but the AI sucks...Badly. First race I finished 20 seconds ahead of the pack.

agentkay
10-19-07, 10:49 PM
Can somebody post screenshots of the demo?

PeterJensen
10-20-07, 01:44 AM
wow, so nice game. Loving the ****pit view :)

BioHazZarD
10-20-07, 07:47 AM
wow thanks

LurkerLito
10-20-07, 08:50 AM
Nice, after changing cars I am loving the inside views. I wonder why the default car doesn't have one? I can't wait for them to release it for NA. Trying to mess with the options is kinda difficult ;).

Bman212121
10-20-07, 01:43 PM
Man, that GTR Black Mask car definitely doesn't work well for me. It pushes way too much and doesn't have any brakes. I tried twice with that car and first time I got 8th, then second time I got 7th. Switched over to the EVO X and got first place on my first try. The Lancer is so much easier to keep on the road and it handles a lot better.

I was looking down at the speedometer, and I was like holy crap, they really did something to this Lancer, it's doing 220mph, then I realized it's KPH. :D

Bman212121
10-25-07, 10:17 AM
Really... That's sweet. Does the clutch work as well or no?

Oh and maybe you should take less pictures and concentrate on driving a little more. :p