PDA

View Full Version : Rachet a true system mover :)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SwedX
10-23-07, 04:08 PM
This game alone will shift loads of PS3 and coupled with Uncharted and thrown in GT5 will put Sony on top spot again or very closely :D

MS should be very afraid, the doom is coming ;)

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/ps3/ratchet_clank_future_tools_of_destruction/review.html

The first thing to hit you when you start the game is how good it looks. Every new console brings about the same old discussion over if game graphics will ever catch up with CG movies, and Tools of Destruction is perhaps the best example yet. It would be foolish to even suggest that the game is approaching Pixar quality visually, but the characters and game world are among the most visually impressive I've ever seen in a video game. Everything is curved, smooth and beautifully animated, giving the game the look of a CG movie, even if it isn't technically as impressive.

Buenamos
10-23-07, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I watched the review over at gametrailers yesterday

- link for those who haven't seen it
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26714.html

I dunno, everybody here on nvnews seemed to be pretty impressed by the demo. I thought the gameplay was ok and the character animations were excellent, but i thought the environment looked extremely low poly. I'll have to play through it again, maybe I'll change my mind. I'll prolly rent it.

Lyme
10-23-07, 04:14 PM
Ha ha

ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You need help.

ps: Doom already came to the 360.

Tygerwoody
10-23-07, 04:26 PM
Mouse and MiniRobotdork are no where NEAR system "movers". Its just an ok game for a system. Noone in their right mind would buy a PS3 for this game.

Now for GT5, Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy... this might be true.

toxikneedle
10-23-07, 04:33 PM
yeah, ratchet... is gonna sell millions of copies. Even if halo 3 was a PS3 exclusive, it still didnt sell enough to put PS3 over the 360 or wii. And you think ratchet is gonna outsell halo 3?

Badboy_12345
10-23-07, 04:37 PM
yeah, ratchet... is gonna sell millions of copies. Even if halo 3 was a PS3 exclusive, it still didnt sell enough to put PS3 over the 360 or wii. And you think ratchet is gonna outsell halo 3?

yeah :lol:

if ratchet outsells halo 3 I will get naked do something stupid and put it on youtube :lol:

tornadog
10-23-07, 04:37 PM
Yes, this is going to be a generation defining franchise like Halo..it will revolutionize PS3 sales...people will rush to get a PS3 just to play this awesome game.................

Can I have another puff please!!!!

Peoples-Agent
10-23-07, 04:40 PM
I would take Mass Effect over any of those games you mentioned tbh.

If you want to compare games, the PS3 has no chance. It's not even funny how lacking the PS3 is in exclusives i'm interested in. It's annoying, I keep hoping to hear about more killer titles looming but they never seem to appear.

Tygerwoody
10-23-07, 04:53 PM
I would take Mass Effect over any of those games you mentioned tbh.

If you want to compare games, the PS3 has no chance. It's not even funny how lacking the PS3 is in exclusives i'm interested in. It's annoying, I keep hoping to hear about more killer titles looming but they never seem to appear.
You could say the same for the Wii though.

Xbox360 is way ahead of the game as far as titles go.... if you can keep your system alive long enough to play them. :D

NaitoSan
10-23-07, 05:17 PM
yeah, that ratchet alone will NOT get ps3 back to top. ps3 needs more than 3 titles.

SwedX
10-23-07, 05:37 PM
Yeah of course a slight exagaration from my side but the game seems realy fun and everywon knows Sony is in desperate need of some quality titles and finaly it seems they start to show up :)

Just ordered a new shiny telly a Samsung F86 1080P and the pricedrop of the PS3 seems like a good way to finaly invest in one. The good games is on their way and at last I will have a super nice HDTV to get some quality time in the couch away from my comp :D

jeffmd
10-23-07, 05:44 PM
mmm.. ratchet dosnt do it for me. Infact 2 things will get me to buy a ps3. FF13..and some big price cuts.

ratchet is looking like a great platformer, but hes not quit up there with selling systems.

Q
10-23-07, 05:48 PM
The Rachet demo completely knocked my socks off in terms of presentation. It was the first time that I was really impressed with the PS3 (and made me feel a bit better about my purchase of the system). It has astounding graphics at 60FPS, the gameplay isn't half bad at all (I really miss platformers from my long stint in PC-only gaming), and it has a decent amount of character and atmosphere.

I know I've been hyping the demo to a few of my coworkers, but I doubt its going to move that many systems. ::shrugs::

ENU291
10-23-07, 05:51 PM
Ratchet and Clank would actually sell better if it were a Wii title. That style of gameplay caters more to that crowd. This seems to be yet another rental for the PS3.

Zelda_fan
10-23-07, 05:58 PM
This game alone will shift loads of PS3 and coupled with Uncharted and thrown in GT5 will put Sony on top spot again or very closely :D

LAWL

SwedX
10-23-07, 06:31 PM
This game and Uncharted shows how much better the PS3 is..finaly the 360 fanboys can just STFUK.
360 whats that, uhmm oh you mean that one that breaks and put out yeasterday gfx.

As Sony so well said when we build a console its for the future and not like a xbox 1.5 :D

BTW From GamePro Review!

http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps3/games/reviews/142748.shtml

"Tools of Destruction is an amazing PS 3 game that fully leverages the power of the console. It sets the bar high for not only the series but for all PS3 games to come. It is, without a doubt, reason enough to buy the system."

ENU291
10-23-07, 07:10 PM
You should stock up on garbage bags so you can catch all the fanboy trash that's flying out of your mouth lately! :headexplode:

Zelda_fan
10-23-07, 07:38 PM
As Sony so well said when we build a console its for the future and not like a xbox 1.5 :D

I find it hilarious that you're jacking yourself off over this news.

Here's the reality: no one cares, and the PS3 is still a ****ty system with a ****ty selection of games that doesn't sell.

Moo
10-23-07, 08:00 PM
This game and Uncharted shows how much better the PS3 is..finaly the 360 fanboys can just STFUK.

Xbots and S0ry fanboyz never cease to entertain.

Or did Kevpla hack into SwedX's account? Dum dum dum! :headexplode:

Buenamos
10-23-07, 08:32 PM

Here's the reality: no one cares, and the PS3 is still a ****ty system with a ****ty selection of games that doesn't sell.

jacking himself off over this news - couldn't have put it better myself. He really needs to get a life and realize that both systems have outstanding capabilities.

toxikneedle
10-23-07, 08:57 PM
Yeah of course a slight exagaration from my side but the game seems realy fun and everywon knows Sony is in desperate need of some quality titles and finaly it seems they start to show up :)

Just ordered a new shiny telly a Samsung F86 1080P and the pricedrop of the PS3 seems like a good way to finaly invest in one. The good games is on their way and at last I will have a super nice HDTV to get some quality time in the couch away from my comp :D
I noticed how all the PS3 fanboys are always the loudest before the PS3 was out or before they bought one. A month later they dissapear or they buy another console. Hmmmm.....

Ninja Prime
10-24-07, 12:23 AM

MS should be very afraid, the doom is coming ;)

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/ps3/ratchet_clank_future_tools_of_destruction/review.html

The first thing to hit you when you start the game is how good it looks. Every new console brings about the same old discussion over if game graphics will ever catch up with CG movies, and Tools of Destruction is perhaps the best example yet. It would be foolish to even suggest that the game is approaching Pixar quality visually, but the characters and game world are among the most visually impressive I've ever seen in a video game. Everything is curved, smooth and beautifully animated, giving the game the look of a CG movie, even if it isn't technically as impressive.

Stop trying so hard fanboy, you're even making Magus sick. (I think)

ralinn
10-24-07, 06:07 AM

For the love of god, you'll only encourage him to type up more bull**** back with replies like that. I'm sure if he wanted to hear that, he'd just search for 80% of your other posts.

SwedX
10-24-07, 06:40 AM
For the love of god, you'll only encourage him to type up more bull**** back with replies like that. I'm sure if he wanted to hear that, he'd just search for 80% of your other posts.

I can smell the fear from from you little crapboxes lovers.

Time to face it upgrade if you want the future or be stuck with yeardays tech and crappy games and a console that is a jetplane and break more then its play. But sure hold on to that as most of us dont care annyway!

Will see by this time next year when Sony is without a doubt the biggest in town again ;)

Even avarage Joy knows who makes a console and not som weak wannabe Pc!

BTW! PS3 just outsold the crapbox 2 -1 here in Europe last week. The good times have started trust me :D

NaitoSan
10-24-07, 07:29 AM
wow swedx is starting to sound like kevpla (maybe soon to be banned? :D).