PDA

View Full Version : Zack and Wiki (Wii). Anyone heard of this?

Zelda_fan
10-24-07, 01:58 PM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/829/829301p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/projecttreasureislandz/review.html?sid=6181499&tag=topslot;title;1

this title I've never heard about is getting some great reviews across the board. Anyone have it? Comments?

Mr. Hunt
10-24-07, 02:31 PM
Haven't heard of it other than Kotaku where they demanded I buy it... but I won't be lol.

fizzelopeguss
10-24-07, 02:35 PM
Gametrailers has a review up so you can see the gameplay. I love the art style.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26917.html

zoomy942
10-24-07, 03:17 PM
i'm just waiting for the simpsons game

christos
10-25-07, 09:58 AM
I'll be getting this from gamefly within the next day or two. It looks good and fun for when I feel like using my brain instead of my reflexes.

Starscream
10-25-07, 12:43 PM
It looks great and I want it. I love point and click adventure games.

Unfortunately I don't have a Wii.

nemecb
10-27-07, 08:32 PM
I'll be getting this from gamefly within the next day or two. It looks good and fun for when I feel like using my brain instead of my reflexes.
Aha! I just found the next game for my Gamefly account. I just sent back my last one and was having trouble deciding what to put at the top of my queue. The IGN Wii guys have been pushing this a lot since they first saw it, so I figure it's at least worth a look.

christos
11-02-07, 10:23 AM
Well, after playing the first 4 levels, I decided to keep it and buy the game from Gamefly. Once you get past the overly 'cute' intro and beginning, it's quite addicting - if you like point and click puzzle solvers.

Definitely a nice change of pace. Reminds me of some of the old school lucasarts games...except here, each level is self contained, so it's perfect for picking up and putting down whenever you have a chance.

So far, the puzzles all are pretty logical, but definitely not all easy. If it wasn't for the plethora of games I just bought and more that are on the way, I would've just rented this until I finished it. However, for $28 from gamefly, I figured I might as well buy it as this type of game may take me awhile to finish (I refuse to use gamefaqs or ask for help...I'm stubborn).

Heavenly Sword is next on my queue. Should have that today or tomorrow.

nemecb
11-19-07, 02:13 PM
Dang, I didn't realize that this is only $40 new too. I picked it up yesterday and played through the first little area (5 or 6 levels) and I'm very impressed so far. Graphics are cartoonish but very well done. Levels are interesting, and so far I've just seen the jungle ones. The puzzles have all been logical, unlike some other games I've played where you seem to have to do random stuff. The motion controls aren't perfect (doing them too quickly tends not to register), but they're very well done overall and I like them. Story is pretty meh, but that's not really the focus of the game so it really doesn't matter (although it took me about half an hour to get through the beginning between the story intro and basic gameplay intro).

Definitely worth the $38 and change (I had a 10% off coupon) that I paid for it.

christos
11-19-07, 02:22 PM
Exactly..I love that the puzzles are logical. Currently I'm what I believe is the last stage of the second world (ice world). This is the perfect game to pick up every couple of nights, play a level, save it, continue the game days later. No need to remember complex control schemes, storyline etc. Perfect for the gamer with a full time job, too many games, and not enough free time.