PDA

View Full Version : Windows vista USB 1.1 - 2.0

Logical
10-25-07, 01:34 PM
I have a multifunction printer/scanner/coppier Canon mp600.

The problem i had was that upon scanning an image as it was being transfered the computer would lose connection to the printer and the driver would crash. I have also noticed that this was happening with my digital camera with windows image importer.

I realised that the problem was with the USB controller or driver so...i booted into bios and selected USB 1.1 only.....saved and rebooted.

Once windows had loaded i was greeted with a driver update and a warning telling me that my usb ports will not be running at full speed, the drivers for usb 1.1 were installed.

I scanned an image once again without any problems numerous times, the problem had been resolved but i was stuck at using usb 1.1. I rebooted once more into bios and changed it back to USB 1.1 & 2.0. Again once windows was loaded, i tried the scanner again and sure enough it worked without probs.

I have checked through device manager and it tells me that 1 of the generic usb hubs is running at full speed and the other generic USB hub is running at high speed.......am i now running usb 2.0 and usb 1.1 with both drivers installed on my system..or is it still stuck at usb 1.1 ?

I though i would post this just in case anyone else had similar problems with data transfer across usb with vista. Let me know...cheers ;)