PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Single Player Demo Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

Chubz
10-25-07, 11:01 PM
From Island:

High:

Very high:

High:

Very High:

Nothing too impressive.

My God those screenshots are hideous .. the beta looks easily just as good. And this is DX10? What the hell is going on here?

aceflier
10-25-07, 11:02 PM
From Island:

High:
http://aycu08.webshots.com/image/30287/2000191794033322108_rs.jpg

Very high:
http://aycu23.webshots.com/image/31622/2000185460524801398_rs.jpg

High:
http://aycu20.webshots.com/image/33499/2005297093138352366_rs.jpg
Very High:
http://aycu24.webshots.com/image/30383/2005206778804670388_rs.jpg

Nothing too impressive.

Reminder far Cry sandbox editor was the same thing performance in editor was not as good as in game.(Nor the graphics)

On a good note this looks alot like the sandbox editor.

Xion X2
10-25-07, 11:03 PM
Nothing too impressive.

8-12fps with no AF.

That's just nuts. What a letdown.

|JuiceZ|
10-25-07, 11:03 PM
According the EA looks like the pre order demo releases tomorrow around 8AM EST with the public demo release pushed to Saturday 27th around the same time so false alarm.

Chubz
10-25-07, 11:04 PM
8-12fps with no AF.

That's just nuts. What a letdown.

QFT.

If it runs like this in-game, I'm going to cry. So much for "optimization." If this game runs as bad as the beta, I feel sorry for anyone with a PC that isn't an absolute BEAST.

According the EA looks like the pre order demo releases tomorrow around 8AM EST with the public demo release pushed to Saturday 27th around the same time.

false alarm....

I'm pissed off beyond words right now .. Whatever happened to the announcement back in September when they told us we'd get the demo on the 26th?

Not only has it been delayed once already, but now when it gets here they shove it back a day because they can't make anything work as is typical with them?

Wow, just wow. I'm speechless right now.

I know one day doesn't sound bad, but every Crysis fan has a right to be utterly and completely pissed off right now. We've been waiting too long for this to be playing these little "games" with EA.

aceflier
10-25-07, 11:05 PM
According the EA looks like the pre order demo releases tomorrow around 8AM EST with the public demo release pushed to Saturday 27th around the same time so false alarm.

Not Surprised:headexplode:

mumstheword
10-25-07, 11:06 PM
Uhmm..can I get my money back?

Tork64
10-25-07, 11:06 PM
According the EA looks like the pre order demo releases tomorrow around 8AM EST with the public demo release pushed to Saturday 27th around the same time.

They probably had no choice since they advertised it like that, still though i would rather of had everyone gotten it instead of pushing it a day forward just to please those who preordered. oh well, its EA so nothing is too lame. :)

nutcrackr
10-25-07, 11:08 PM
You guys are idiots, do you really think the sandbox editor runs as good as the game, or looks as good?

calm the **** down for a change, you guys have obviously hyped this game too much. First you complain about the damn demo being several hours after it should have been, then you complain that the sandbox editor doesn't give you playable framerates. Ask yourself are those seriously rational things to complain about? :rolleyes:

aceflier
10-25-07, 11:11 PM
You guys are idiots, do you really think the sandbox editor runs as good as the game, or looks as good?

calm the **** down for a change, you guys have obviously hyped this game too much. First you complain about the damn demo being several hours after it should have been, then you complain that the sandbox editor doesn't give you playable framerates. Ask yourself are those seriously rational things to complain about? :rolleyes:

True dat the editor runs much slower than in game. I used to play around with Parrallax mapping in the old sandbox w/9800pro. Results were about the same 12fps diff year same performance for top of the line gfx i guess lol.

Chubz
10-25-07, 11:11 PM

But what worries me is that in sandbox mode, you can drop INTO the game and play it which is what some have done.. and the frame rates are around the same as what you would get in the beta (which is either horrible or just plain bad), and those who have gotten the game to work for a few minutes (the cutscene) have said they felt like they were getting around 30 FPS (this was with a 8800 GTS IIRC) which is just plain sorry.

gulizard
10-25-07, 11:12 PM
EA are a bunch of crooks people will never realize this till they stop purchasing their games.. We can do that as well - theres plenty of ways around actually buying their junk. I will pay for GoW, UT3, Alan Wake, Assassins Creed, Jericho, and any other game not developed by these ass hats. I've had enough of them.

I can't blame DICE now, I can actually blame EA for being crooks. I now see why BF2 was pretty much dumped - again its not about the quality of games, its about buying everything and making crappy games. They did this **** to the football series and anyone whose a sports fan knows what I am talking about, these dicks bought exclusive rights to the football teams, the logos and everything. So no one else can put out a football game to compete.

Everyone here that defends them just cannot accept the fact that anything this company touches. Again I'd like to point out this game started out as a Ubisoft game, EA just bought it.. This game was doomed when EA put its name on it.. They are slave drivers, I done read blogs where this guy who worked for them was saying how they are slave drivers more or less forcing people to work long hours and with little pay, and set impossible deadlines, its no wonder they've got to constantly delay it.. Its also a common fact that EA not DICE, fired Trama Studio's after they put in work in BF2, JUST two weeks before BF2 came out.. They shorted them around Five Hundred Thousand Dollars for their work... They've got the money though because people keep given these idiots power to do so.. and its not like nVidia, these guys release pure crap. nVidia releases great cards, worth the price... ****ty comparison but still...

I can tell you I won't buy this game... I'll play it but won't pay cash for it. I was going to but EA have messed me over enough.. Theres so many other companies and games, and that engine is now being sold to devs outside of EA's company... When you make that much money, and get that rich theres no desire to make a good game that runs stable. They did it with BF2, and we still lack the patches promised, and theres still MAJOR unbalances in the game..

Xion X2
10-25-07, 11:15 PM

Get off your soapbox. Someone has already gotten the game to play out of sandbox mode and said it played as poorly as the beta. There is not one person right now who can vouch that this game runs acceptable on ANY system.

Or do you believe the editor offers absolutely no clue as to how the game will actually play? Even if the game ran twice as fast as sandbox mode, that's still pathetic.

six_storm
10-25-07, 11:17 PM
This thread is so funny. I love seeing people giving praise to EA for "releasing" the demo 24hrs early but then when the time comes, EA is a pile of sh*t. Haha!!!! Glad I have a few things going to occupy my time. I won't even attempt to download the demo until Saturday afternoon.

Rummy
10-25-07, 11:18 PM
Well I'm not upset, but disappointed oh well I'll go play TF2 for a while and see what happens in the morning.

mumstheword
10-25-07, 11:19 PM
This thread is so funny. I love seeing people giving praise to EA for "releasing" the demo 24hrs early but then when the time comes, EA is a pile of sh*t. Haha!!!! Glad I have a few things going to occupy my time. I won't even attempt to download the demo until Saturday afternoon.

Who praised EA? I want to know.

SeriTonin
10-25-07, 11:21 PM
EA are a bunch of crooks people will never realize this till they stop purchasing their games.. We can do that as well - theres plenty of ways around actually buying their junk. I will pay for GoW, UT3, Alan Wake, Assassins Creed, Jericho, and any other game not developed by these ass hats. I've had enough of them.

I can't blame DICE now, I can actually blame EA for being crooks. I now see why BF2 was pretty much dumped - again its not about the quality of games, its about buying everything and making crappy games. They did this **** to the football series and anyone whose a sports fan knows what I am talking about, these dicks bought exclusive rights to the football teams, the logos and everything. So no one else can put out a football game to compete.

Everyone here that defends them just cannot accept the fact that anything this company touches. Again I'd like to point out this game started out as a Ubisoft game, EA just bought it.. This game was doomed when EA put its name on it.. They are slave drivers, I done read blogs where this guy who worked for them was saying how they are slave drivers more or less forcing people to work long hours and with little pay, and set impossible deadlines, its no wonder they've got to constantly delay it.. Its also a common fact that EA not DICE, fired Trama Studio's after they put in work in BF2, JUST two weeks before BF2 came out.. They shorted them around Five Hundred Thousand Dollars for their work... They've got the money though because people keep given these idiots power to do so.. and its not like nVidia, these guys release pure crap. nVidia releases great cards, worth the price... ****ty comparison but still...

I can tell you I won't buy this game... I'll play it but won't pay cash for it. I was going to but EA have messed me over enough.. Theres so many other companies and games, and that engine is now being sold to devs outside of EA's company... When you make that much money, and get that rich theres no desire to make a good game that runs stable. They did it with BF2, and we still lack the patches promised, and theres still MAJOR unbalances in the game..

Then you better go linux son, cause microsoft basically does all the same **** you claim EA to do.

It's called corporate America.

Chubz
10-25-07, 11:24 PM
Then you better go linux son, cause microsoft basically does all the same **** you claim EA to do.

It's called corporate America.

Yeah, go to Linux and lose support for tons of games, DX10, etc. Awesome idea! :captnkill:

:thumbdwn:

Jonelo
10-25-07, 11:26 PM
Agreed.

They've pissed me off enough to the point where I don't really give a damn anymore. I'll kick back and play incredibly good-looking well-optimized games like Jericho, Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, etc. and may look this game's direction in a few years when they finally get their $#*# straight and optimize it properly. It's just not worth all the hype at this point. The game looks mediocre and runs like $h!+.

Mediocre

http://stage6.divx.com/user/crytek/video/1676452/Crysis---Very-High-Settings---720p

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Oritxupolitena/video/1742992/Crysis-1080p

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Oritxupolitena/video/1716441/Crysis---Arabesco-1-Debussy

Jerico run at 35 fps / 50 fps in my system - and Crysis al 20- 35 FPS and is ridiculous the comparative with Crysis, is and hilarious . And COD 4 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1421388&postcount=226)well ... the demo is old gen comparated with Crysis beta or with this demo , and in a litle map .

http://foro.noticias3d.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1873125&postcount=2343

http://foro.noticias3d.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1873181&postcount=2344

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4587/crysis2007091906354723xv4.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3715/crysis2007091906344840di8.jpg

The map of the editor

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/jonelo/Crysis2007-09-1818-41-35-04.jpg

nutcrackr
10-25-07, 11:28 PM
Get off your soapbox. Someone has already gotten the game to play out of sandbox mode and said it played as poorly as the beta. There is not one person right now who can vouch that this game runs acceptable on ANY system.

Or do you believe the editor offers absolutely no clue as to how the game will actually play? Even if the game ran twice as fast as sandbox mode, that's still pathetic.
I'm on my soapbox? Clearly not. You guys are overreacting beyond anything I have ever seen. "EA killed my family" thread would be a much calmer thread than this stupid crap.

You guys are seriously complaining that the demo is 1 day late. 1 ****ING day late and you don't have any idea that you are just taking things just a little seriously? "omg I'm cancelling my order because the demo is one day late, omg I'm pirating this game because EA lied", get over yourselves.

As for performance, who knows how sandbox runs. I remember far cry sandbox ran quite poorly in certain stages. But did you honestly think a single 8800gts 320 could get playable frames dx10 very high in game? I didn't even expect much improvement over the beta in terms of performance and I think you guys are deluded if you thought otherwise.

Mr_LoL
10-25-07, 11:31 PM
QFT nutcrackr.

wrathofgod
10-25-07, 11:35 PM
I'm on my soapbox? Clearly not. You guys are overreacting beyond anything I have ever seen. "EA killed my family" thread would be a much calmer thread than this stupid crap.

You guys are seriously complaining that the demo is 1 day late. 1 ****ING day late and you don't have any idea that you are just taking things just a little seriously? "omg I'm cancelling my order because the demo is one day late, omg I'm pirating this game because EA lied", get over yourselves.

As for performance, who knows how sandbox runs. I remember far cry sandbox ran quite poorly in certain stages. But did you honestly think a single 8800gts 320 could get playable frames dx10 very high in game? I didn't even expect much improvement over the beta in terms of performance and I think you guys are deluded if you thought otherwise.

Agreed 100%.

I would actually be disappointed if it didn't take anything less than 8800 GTX's in SLI to run this game on Very High settings.

Xion X2
10-25-07, 11:35 PM
You guys are seriously complaining that the demo is 1 day late. 1 ****ING day late and you don't have any idea that you are just taking things just a little seriously?

Where have you been? Planet Zoltar? The demo was supposed to be out over a month ago. People are pissed off now because this is the second delay, and they flat-out lied to people.

get over yourselves.

I think you're the one who needs to get over yourself and quit spouting off about sh#* you're obviously uninformed about.

But did you honestly think a single 8800gts 320 could get playable frames dx10 very high in game?

With no AA or AF, I expected it to run around 20-25fps, and it doesn't appear it's even getting that--not even in DX9.

six_storm
10-25-07, 11:37 PM
Who praised EA? I want to know.

Someone earlier in the "7 Days . . ." thread was glad EA was releasing the demo one day earlier and how awesome EA was for doing it. LOL! Big surprise huh?

You guys are overreacting beyond anything I have ever seen. "EA killed my family" thread would be a much calmer thread than this stupid crap.

:rofl

Zeus666
10-25-07, 11:38 PM
Doc_InCrysis

Qua Qua Qua !

Go Home!