PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Single Player Demo Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

Revs
10-26-07, 02:18 AM
I've godda go to bed. I bet there's 300 post here by the morning :p

Morning! 426 lol. It's gonna take me AGES to catch up :o

Dreamingawake
10-26-07, 02:30 AM
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/10/2980327469.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6950177)

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/10/29803274642.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6950176)

k seriously going to bed now.. just had to get a little more in..

can't wait to play it for real tomorrow !!!!!!

goodnight everyone its been fun. sorta.

ChaoticNick
10-26-07, 02:33 AM
ooo 30 fps! amazing

Zeliard
10-26-07, 03:05 AM
You can basically "play" the demo in the sandbox editor. If you spawn yourself where the demo is supposed to start, you'll hear the commander or whatever on your intercom start talking and telling you what to do, and that's when you know you've "activated" it and the AI will fight back and everything (if you don't activate the level, they just stand there). It even goes into a letterbox and says the title of the level (or mission) on top. And then you can play. It's in the sandbox editor, so it doesn't exactly run great, but it's definitely playable (if your rig can manage it, of course). And damn it looks good on very high.

The environmental destruction is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. You have no idea how much that adds to everything until you play it yourself. I was in a firefight and a tree ended up getting shot down by either them or I, and that tree landed on a North Korean that was running right at me and killed him. This was all just in the midst of a gunfight, just randomly happening, totally unexpected. Greatest thing I've ever seen. If the NKs happen to be in one of those tin-can structures you've probably seen in pics and such, you can throw a barrel on top and it'll collapse the roof, and probably kill them. It's just really versatile stuff, doesn't make the game feel like a shooter since you can do so many other things than shoot. You can throw chickens, too, like everybody knew. But maybe everybody didn't know you can also throw crabs. :P While they're alive and squirming in your hand, no less. It's just cool to hold one.

I'm no gorehound or anything, but I take two issues with it so far:

1) there are never any bullet wounds or even blood on the enemies, just blood on the ground or an object that you shot them near.

2) you can't shoot dead bodies, or even apparently move them in any way. Really kills (no pun intended) some of the immersiveness. I guess Far Cry having problems in Germany must be the reason. What's dumb about it is you can shoot enemies with sleeping bullets and then shoot them when they're sleeping on the ground (and they look exactly like they're dead when asleep), so I don't see why dead bodies are so taboo. Anyway, a mod will undoubtedly fix these things, and I don't think most people would take issue with it anyway.

The rest of it seems dazzling. The A.I. even in the sandbox editor, whatever difficulty level it's on, seems pretty sharp. They were taking cover intelligently and flanking and everything. Moving around the environment quite well, too (cept for the guy who got crushed by the tree :o) They tended to glow red once in a while, though, isn't that an "easy difficulty" feature? I won't judge performance since, come on guys, it's a sandbox editor. Some people in this thread have criticized it, but sandbox editors never run great, because they're not optimized to. That's not their purpose. I'd expect the demo to run quite a bit better, but I guess we'll soon find out.

Revs
10-26-07, 03:06 AM
Didn't miss much then. Those screens are stupidly good though :D better than any i've seen before.

Anyone rethinking the 3xSLI idea, lol.

giverz
10-26-07, 03:07 AM
well yes DX 10 does look AMAZING. in fact i cannot believe it looks so real. that being said, not much use when its unplayable at those settings which are considered amazing. i suppose if you have 2 ultras in SLI its possible. can someone with ultra sli share with us their experience using 16x10 4xaa 16xaf?

SOAD
10-26-07, 03:14 AM
So.....high @ 1920x1200 is not an option for me :o :(

lol

giverz
10-26-07, 03:17 AM
one more thing. LMAO what a joke. they cant even release a WORKING demo??? even a DELAYED demo? i WILL NOT be buying this. im gonna download the full game and share it with millions of p2p. i think this is what crytek wanted all along, just to get everyone to see how sexy it looks, not expecting to make any money on the actual game but on all the licensing deals which are sure to follow. glad i could help.

Xion X2
10-26-07, 03:18 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/jonelo/capturas/High_4.png

And one 8800 320 maybe has one 50 % of fremerate than one 8800 640 mb and hight resolution and AA

Jonelo, I couldn't care less what you find in some review, because I've seen for myself how the game plays. Just go back and look at my fraps shots; I didn't fake them. The lowest I have seen the game drop w/ 4x edge smoothing enabled on my rig is 43fps, and that was with 5 characters on screen at once.

Jericho runs great on the GTX. If it doesn't on yours, then I'd suggest you do some tuning of your system. You may want to overclock your GTX a little.

sandeep
10-26-07, 03:19 AM
Those screen shots look amazing. But at that fps, I won't be playing the game until the nexxt gen graphics card is released. I don't wanna spoil Crysis. Damn nVidia, 8800GTX was for ****ttt....I thought it will 'can' new games but its only good for running old games at 100fps.:o :o

Xion X2
10-26-07, 03:24 AM
Those screen shots look amazing. But at that fps, I won't be playing the game until the nexxt gen graphics card is released. I don't wanna spoil Crysis. Damn nVidia, 8800GTX was for ****ttt....I thought it will 'can' new games but its only good for running old games at 100fps.:o :o

It's good for running new games like Jericho, Call of Duty 4, etc. Crysis is just a buggy, unoptimized pile of crap right now.

Saintster
Gonna pass on this game for now.I'd still like to check out the demo. I can't game on anything lower than 1920x1200.I like high settings,all in all I've got so many games coming that will run fine. Let the hardware catch up,not going to spend a 700.00 to play 60.00 game.

jodiuh
You can basically "play" the demo in the sandbox editor. If you spawn yourself where the demo is supposed to start, you'll hear the commander or whatever on your intercom start talking and telling you what to do, and that's when you know you've "activated" it and the AI will fight back and everything (if you don't activate the level, they just stand there). It even goes into a letterbox and says the title of the level (or mission) on top. And then you can play. It's in the sandbox editor, so it doesn't exactly run great, but it's definitely playable (if your rig can manage it, of course). And damn it looks good on very high.

The environmental destruction is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. You have no idea how much that adds to everything until you play it yourself. I was in a firefight and a tree ended up getting shot down by either them or I, and that tree landed on a North Korean that was running right at me and killed him. This was all just in the midst of a gunfight, just randomly happening, totally unexpected. Greatest thing I've ever seen. If the NKs happen to be in one of those tin-can structures you've probably seen in pics and such, you can throw a barrel on top and it'll collapse the roof, and probably kill them. It's just really versatile stuff, doesn't make the game feel like a shooter since you can do so many other things than shoot. You can throw chickens, too, like everybody knew. But maybe everybody didn't know you can also throw crabs. :P While they're alive and squirming in your hand, no less. It's just cool to hold one.

I'm no gorehound or anything, but I take two issues with it so far:

1) there are never any bullet wounds or even blood on the enemies, just blood on the ground or an object that you shot them near.

2) you can't shoot dead bodies, or even apparently move them in any way. Really kills (no pun intended) some of the immersiveness. I guess Far Cry having problems in Germany must be the reason. What's dumb about it is you can shoot enemies with sleeping bullets and then shoot them when they're sleeping on the ground (and they look exactly like they're dead when asleep), so I don't see why dead bodies are so taboo. Anyway, a mod will undoubtedly fix these things, and I don't think most people would take issue with it anyway.

The rest of it seems dazzling. The A.I. even in the sandbox editor, whatever difficulty level it's on, seems pretty sharp. They were taking cover intelligently and flanking and everything. Moving around the environment quite well, too (cept for the guy who got crushed by the tree :o) They tended to glow red once in a while, though, isn't that an "easy difficulty" feature? I won't judge performance since, come on guys, it's a sandbox editor. Some people in this thread have criticized it, but sandbox editors never run great, because they're not optimized to. That's not their purpose. I'd expect the demo to run quite a bit better, but I guess we'll soon find out.

Yes, I'm quoting the whole damn thing cause this "brief look" confirms all the goodness we've seen in any of the previews! Thank you!

K007
10-26-07, 03:26 AM
my balls itch :/

Saintster
10-26-07, 03:27 AM
my balls itch :/

Well smack em around and scratch em,Itchy balls suck:D

Kain
10-26-07, 03:30 AM
Almost 500 viewers on this thread. Yikes. :D

[EOCF] Tim
10-26-07, 03:30 AM
Public demo is probably 20hrs away or something, EA being all 24hr exclusive etc.

Tomorrow is the new nVidia BETA driver for Crysis, so that should be great. :)

wysiwyg
10-26-07, 03:36 AM
i still have no download link for the demo GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR despite preordering it of EA store :headexplode:

i now get this on EA store when viewing my invoice=

Cannot find bean liObject in scope null
We have encountered an internal application error. The error has been logged.
Contact System Support

EA are so crap!! idiots unlimited :o

SOAD
10-26-07, 03:46 AM
sup dudes

jodiuh
10-26-07, 03:47 AM
Spamming the most watched thread by PC FPS Enthusiasts on this early Friday morning! Damn...sleeeepy....:afro: :o :captnkill: :p :afro2: :afro2:

nutcrackr
10-26-07, 03:50 AM
Cevat had a good conversation about gore on the GFW podcast, you can listen to it here

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3148397

Its long but it has a lot of stuff much about gore and glorifying it etc.

Will it be hard to mod the blood decals, dragging bodies into the game? I don't think so and I'd like to see both of those things. I'm not really after gore fest like fear though.

hugos82
10-26-07, 03:53 AM
sup dudes

sorry for offtopic, but i have to say it:

YOUR AVATAR IS SOOOOO TRUE :D

SOAD
10-26-07, 03:55 AM
sorry for offtopic, but i have to say it:

YOUR AVATAR IS SOOOOO TRUE :D

:lol:

they have cancelled loads of my games for no reason :headexplode:

Revs
10-26-07, 04:01 AM
This entire thread could be concentrated in to one page of posts. Almost 450 posts and nothing much happening, lol. It's all good though. Nothing wrong with a little excitement, eh :D

There is a serious lack of screenshots though. Is anyone actually playing the demo??

Noodles
10-26-07, 04:02 AM
wow... im very angry...
not on fileplanet

and not on crysisdemo countdown for another 14 hours

Tonight (October 25th 23:00 UTC/GMT) the demo has been released through EA Link (former EA Downloader) for users thats have preordered Crysis on EA Store
There is a 24 Hour Exclusive on the Single Player Demo for those users.

wow.. i preordered it through gamestop

thanks for nothing gamestop.