PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Single Player Demo Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

wysiwyg
10-26-07, 05:11 AM
This entire thread could be concentrated in to one page of posts. Almost 450 posts and nothing much happening, lol. It's all good though. Nothing wrong with a little excitement, eh :D

There is a serious lack of screenshots though. Is anyone actually playing the demo??

well im pleased i didnt take today off for the demo as there is none available on my EA store account or anywhere else

grrr:rolleyes:

K007
10-26-07, 05:11 AM
wow more views/replys than even other releases..combined?!

[EOCF] Tim
10-26-07, 05:21 AM
wow more views/replys than even other releases..combined?!

lol, yep, well countdown for me is again at 13hrs, guess it's going to be Saturday for me ey! :)

Let's hope nVidia delivers a nice juicy Beta driver.

BioHazZarD
10-26-07, 05:23 AM
Wow this is just sad that the demo runs so poor, i mean quad cpu and 8800 with 4gigs is not enough ? this is fkin crazy somene shoot Cevat whatever happend to 2-3 year old computers be able to play.. they will blow up once you start the game. This is like a bad dream after all delays and promises..

[EOCF] Tim
10-26-07, 05:26 AM
Wow this is just sad that the demo runs so poor, i mean quad cpu and 8800 with 4gigs is not enough ? this is fkin crazy somene shoot Cevat whatever happend to 2-3 year old computers be able to play.. they will blow up once you start the game. This is like a bad dream after all delays and promises..

He's running it in the 'EDITOR' yes, I for one did read everything.

nutcrackr
10-26-07, 05:31 AM
just because very high doesn't run great doesn't mean very low doesn't run great on old hardware.

nopp0x00
10-26-07, 05:32 AM
Tim']He's running it in the 'EDITOR' yes, I for one did read everything.

Keep repeating it, maybe they'll get it finally.

Loreman
10-26-07, 05:41 AM
I must admit, I am more concerned with the game play than running it at any ultra high res with max graphics at the moment.

The environmental interaction sounds like a winner in my book.

K007
10-26-07, 05:42 AM
well there is no sli support right? in the demo? no dual core..no sli..?!

[EOCF] Tim
10-26-07, 05:43 AM
Keep repeating it, maybe they'll get it finally.

Okay.

He's running it in the 'EDITOR' hence the low performance

(hopefully!) :p ;)

Loreman
10-26-07, 05:47 AM
If my experience with 'playing' a level you have created inside of the Unreal Editor is any indication, the performance, lighting, etc. is always miles away from actually loading up the game and playing for real.

nutcrackr
10-26-07, 05:48 AM
Tim']Okay.

He's running it in the 'EDITOR' hence the low performance

(hopefully!) :p ;)
I don't get what you are trying to say, editor is what performance?

hi2u 575 guests :wave:

Revs
10-26-07, 05:54 AM
Countdown timer's back on for me!

Is this countdown accurate?

- 0 d 13:06:22.623

Midnight ish then?

When the demo will be public? We don't know. There isn't any official statement about it.
If the 24h hour exclusive is correct, it will be public on October 26th 23:00 UTC/GMT)
We have to wait...

Luieburger
10-26-07, 06:00 AM
Countdown timer's back on for me!

Is this countdown accurate?

- 0 d 13:06:22.623

Midnight ish then?

Yep. It says 13:00:00.000 for me. And it is 3:00AM Pacific Time

Yay!

[EOCF] Tim
10-26-07, 06:19 AM
I don't get what you are trying to say, editor is what performance?

If my experience with 'playing' a level you have created inside of the Unreal Editor is any indication, the performance, lighting, etc. is always miles away from actually loading up the game and playing for real.

^ 10char

MamiyaOtaru
10-26-07, 06:22 AM
Very High DX10 - 1620x837 (Never mind the awful fps :P ):]
Holy Carp. Those look amazing. The mountains actually look like mountains.

Framerate is meh, but I think it was known all along that no current hardware could play the game at max. Future Proof! The game can continue to improve for a while as hardware improves. Sucks a bit for now but in a couple years I'll be glad they did it that way. It'll be running nice and looking sweet, unlike most two year old games now, that look the same as they did then and have framerates well above the max anyone needs. In two years, Crysis, instead of taking advantage of new hardware to pump 250fps (useless) it will be using it to look better. Maybe sooner.

In the meantime, it will make great screenshots, and slideshows. And medium/high doesn't look all that bad.

Zeliard
10-26-07, 06:24 AM
Holy Carp. Those look amazing. The mountains actually look like mountains.

Framerate is meh, but I think it was known all along that no current hardware could play the game at max. Future Proof! The game can continue to improve for a while as hardware improves. Sucks a bit for now but in a couple years I'll be glad they did it that way. It'll be running nice and looking sweet, unlike most two year old games now, that look the same as they did then and have framerates well above the max anyone needs. In two years, Crysis, instead of taking advantage of new hardware to pump 250fps (useless) it will be using it to look better. Maybe sooner.

In the meantime, it will make great screenshots, and slideshows. And medium/high doesn't look all that bad.

Those pics are from the sandbox editor, which more than likely isn't optimized for performance. I'd expect the demo to run notably better.

MamiyaOtaru
10-26-07, 06:27 AM
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/10/2980327469.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6950177)

As amazing as I still think this looks, that shot is what I was worried about. The island looks pretty real, aside from that fake looking canyon down the center of the peninsula in the foreground. Hello convenient cliffs that keep you contained in a limited area. Linear shooter in a hallway without a ceiling (convenient canyon running from beach to beach).

Far Cry did that with the 10' cliffs you couldn't climb. It's just so fake looking :-/

So the macro picture looks a bit suspicious. The micro though, the view from the ground is astounding.

rHy0
10-26-07, 06:30 AM
Ah FFS! Just what I feared but never thought it would be this bad....

From those screens mums posted... 8fps max on very high!!!!!!!! WFT!!

I knew this would happen! Disaster! Okay so maybe you can add on another 3fps onto that for actual game (cause this is sandbox)... Around 10-11fps thats ridiculous...

And for me I've just almost lost interest... Those screens do look amazing but the damn performance means I most likely can't 100% max it and thats all that matters to me... Damn i'm dissapointed...

[EOCF] Tim
10-26-07, 06:35 AM

I knew this would happen! Disaster! Okay so maybe you can add on another 3fps onto that for actual game (cause this is sandbox)... Around 10-11fps thats ridiculous...

And for me I've just almost lost interest... Those screens do look amazing but the damn performance means I most likely can't 100% max it and thats all that matters to me... Damn i'm dissapointed...

FREAKING HELL PEOPLE, LEARN HOW TO READ, HE'S RUNNING IT IN THE EDITOR = LOW PERFORMANCE

Yes I did see your comment thinking 3fps more in the Demo, but c'mon, get a grip.

MamiyaOtaru
10-26-07, 06:36 AM
Those screens do look amazing but the damn performance means I most likely can't 100% max it and thats all that matters to me... Damn i'm dissapointed...
See that's what I don't understand. You'd be happier if the max was something lower than it is now, just so you can say you "run it at max". Then in two years it would look exactly the same.

At least we can play it at high now. If we want to play at that level of detail, we'll have to wait a while. In the meantime, I'd rather be playing it at a slightly lower level than not at all. Better them releasing it with room to improve than either waiting for hardware that can run it at full before releasing it or just reducing detail for good.

Glitch85
10-26-07, 06:37 AM

WTF you say you rather want a game you can max out all details and gives great performance then an amazing looking game that runs smooth and is beutifull even if it isnt maxed out ?

Luminal
10-26-07, 06:46 AM
It was the same thing with Farcry, when it came out, nobody could run it on MAX. Samething goes for Crysis, and new GFX cards will arrive early next year.

Just bite the sour apple...or lemon.. if you dont like apple.

Tork64
10-26-07, 06:47 AM
Still not decrypted, im guessing i gotta wait till 5:00 am PST for it to unlock, what do you think ?

[EOCF] Tim
10-26-07, 06:52 AM
It was the same thing with Farcry, when it came out, nobody could run it on MAX. Samething goes for Crysis, and new GFX cards will arrive early next year.

Just bite the sour apple...or lemon.. if you dont like apple.

Actually, with a 9800XT it ran quite well at very high iirc