PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Single Player Demo Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

Revs
10-26-07, 08:03 AM
Whoever gets it going, WE WANT SCREENSHOTS, please :p

If someone could confirm SLI and Quad core usage it would be nice too.

Does this mean it needs to be re-downloaded?

Try it! Or just try reinstalling.

nutcrackr
10-26-07, 08:03 AM
it should be out now

agentkay
10-26-07, 08:04 AM
Does this mean it needs to be re-downloaded?

If the download doesn't properly "unlock" inside the EA Download Manager, then I guess yes it needs to be downloaded again. :( This is just a guess from my side though.

|JuiceZ|
10-26-07, 08:05 AM
Excerpt from Crytek:

Crysis Singleplayer Demo

The demo is going to be released officially on Friday, October 26th at 1:00PM (GMT+1). It will be exclusively available for those who pre-ordered Crysis for about 24hours via the EA downloader. On Saturday, October 27th at 1:00PM the demo will be put online for download an all public sites, so keep tracking your favourite fan site.

So technically it should be out but EADLM is borked, unable to verify ownership.

mumstheword
10-26-07, 08:05 AM
Whoever gets it going, WE WANT SCREENSHOTS, please :p

If someone could confirm SLI and Quad core usage it would be nice too.

Try it!

Great. Another 2 hours wait. :(

Revs
10-26-07, 08:07 AM
Great. Another 2 hours wait. :(

Oh well. At lease u get to play it today :o

conroejoe
10-26-07, 08:09 AM
hahah pushed back another day. You know I almost don't even care anymore. I'll play some Jericho and UT3 - games that actually worked and run well. I wonder if that nano suit has a "MAXIMUM SCREWUP" selection I believe the button has just been pushed LOL!!

So demo today and nvidia will hold the Crysis drivers till monday haha take that!!

Zeus666
10-26-07, 08:09 AM
EA has pushed the demo to 1pm today for pre loaders, 1pm tomorrow for the public release.

1pm for pre loaders is now :captnkill:

Zeus666
10-26-07, 08:10 AM
just a vehicle, barely a spoiler.

like many others I have to play the game in sandbox, but looking at all the cool stuff it has i can say im excited and cant wait

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2402/cry123ep4.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2402/cry123ep4.jpg

backfiggen
10-26-07, 08:17 AM
Are there any shader samples in the Sandbox Edito? I had great fun looking at them in Far Cry. :)

sandeep
10-26-07, 08:18 AM
Oh well. At lease u get to play it today :o
you can't play any game with 9fps;)

Zeus666
10-26-07, 08:19 AM
Updated news from EA: Those that have pre-ordered Crysis through EA are now able pre-load the demo. You should have an email notification about this! Please be aware that this is just a pre-load period so you won't be able to play or run the demo until 12:00 GMT Friday. The public release should be exactly 24 hours later after this release. inCrysis is in the process of pre-loading so expect download links the minute it's available to the public.

You can still pre-order Crysis here and receive the demo 24 hours earlier!

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=533

It is pass one hour from then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/449/gmtac2.png (http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/central-time/central-daylight-time.htm)

Where the **** is the demo running !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mumstheword
10-26-07, 08:23 AM
well, reinstalled and still nothing. So i'm just going to re-download. This entire process has become so needlessly confusing and complicated.

conroejoe
10-26-07, 08:26 AM
well, reinstalled and still nothing. So i'm just going to re-download. This entire process has become so needlessly confusing and complicated.

Don't bother it will unlock when they decide it's time. On November 15th or whenever they push it back to now. Now we know why it was pushed to today... the game didn't work back in September.. so they bundled the only thing that did, the sandbox editor LOL. They are still working on getting the game to run I'd bet!

DMA
10-26-07, 08:28 AM
http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10888

Try this if you've pre-ordered.

|JuiceZ|
10-26-07, 08:28 AM
Some folks called EA and they acknowledged an issue with the EADLM and were told to wait and try login in 30mins. There's really no ETA but its not a client problem, EA has an error on their end.

Chubz
10-26-07, 08:34 AM
So if I'm correct, since you have to 'verify,' the demo and all this junk, any hope for successful torrents is pretty much lost by now?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I just don't see how a torrent would work with this type of security on a demo, lmao.

svetli_pp
10-26-07, 08:35 AM
It was the same with Far Cry. When it came out it was full of bugs and the framerate was terrible on the current hardware. So I don't expect anything better with Crysis. It will be playable on supa dupa current hardware on 1024x768 on high and not very high. When hardware catches up and it si possible to crank it up to normal HD resolutions I will have the same interest in playing as I have now in playing Farcry ( that is nil ). I'll see it when it is released but I don't have high hopes :)

brownstone
10-26-07, 08:40 AM
What happened to the good old days of just releasing a demo and letting people test it and then buy the product? Now you got this new subscribers play first only or new pre-orders play first only $$$$. Also why were the times not released the times the demo will work at the same time the pre-load begins instead of frustrating the crap outta people. Its been over 12hrs since people downloaded the pre-load and it still won't work at the times that have been posted finally lol.

24hrs ain't long at all lets just hope for future demos it doesn't turn into days before public release. That would be sad. I kinda cringed when I heard EA was gonna be affiliated with Crysis. Ever since the terrible buggy release of BF2, there has always been a high amount of frustration that comes to mind with EA products. I used to like EA a lot but not as much anymore.

Tork64
10-26-07, 08:42 AM

Try this if you've pre-ordered.

that worked! thx

Zeus666
10-26-07, 08:43 AM
Never seen before a disorganization like this.

FIRE THEM ALL !

DISMISS THEM ALL WITHOUT A TRACE !!!

Zeus666
10-26-07, 08:46 AM
that worked! thx

SOLUTION FOR PRE-ORDER PEOPLE!

Finally, a solution, thanks to doggfather in another thread:

I know the solution. You have to activate your code.

http://www.ea.com/ealink/

Enter your code at the bottom.

Tada, and it freaking works. Be funny if that would've worked 12 hours ago, because that's about how long I've had the game installed on my drive, just couldn't "verify" it.

If you do it right you get a screen that says this:

Game Successfully Activated and Registered

Your game has been successfully activated and registered to account *******@gmail.com.

If this was a digital download game:
1) Install the EA Download Manager
2) Login with this account and begin your download.

I didn't have to "begin my download" since I already had it installed. I didn't really play it but the fact that it's up and running is good enough for me, since I got past the verification, which used to be impossible with the 32-bit version.

CrazyLilBoy wrote:

what code are you talking about

On your order summary page, next to the download link you should see an "unlock code" that basically looks just like a CD key. It's the same one you use to install the demo. I'm gonna go test it some more in a bit.

:cool:

Destroy
10-26-07, 08:49 AM
My mind is a mess of anger, disgust, frustration, pitty and revenge. (lee63)

I expect professionalism, timeliness and courtesy from any company or service in today's world, to stay in business you have to.

How screwed up do companies have to be? They've had plenty of time to plan a demo release strategy. An extra month even. The blatant lack of communication towards their fan base is appalling and insulting to me.

EA/Crytek is just one of many recent game industry examples that have failed to meet my minimum requirements in today's business world. They have decided to show little to no proper respect towards the people that buy and support their products.

How bloody hard would it have been to put out a public plan statement about the demo? All of this 'mess' and indignation would have been avoided.

Crysis, the end product, I'm sure will deliver decently enough, but I certainly can not say the same about the people behind it.

Remember, "Do to others as you would have them do to you."

Skinner
10-26-07, 08:52 AM
Some folks called EA and they acknowledged an issue with the EADLM and were told to wait and try login in 30mins. There's really no ETA but its not a client problem, EA has an error on their end.

So that's why I cann't start the demo, allthough I'm logged in EADLM :headexplode:

Sidric
10-26-07, 08:54 AM
Never seen before a disorganization like this.

FIRE THEM ALL !

DISMISS THEM ALL WITHOUT A TRACE !!!

Hell hath no fury like a gamer waiting for the Crysis demo.

:headexplode: