PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Single Player Demo Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

JasonPC
10-26-07, 02:24 PM
I played around the settings some and got it to look good and run better.

Very High Textures
High Objects
High Shadows
Medium Physics (I'll have to play around with this one to see how it affects performance)
High Shaders (I've played with this one a little. I think V. High adds the parallax mapping and it didn't hurt performance too bad)
Medium Volumetric Effects
Medium Game Effects
Medium Post Processing (this seems to be one of the biggest framerate hogs, plus the motion blur is annoying)
Medium Particle Effects (when I look at smoke my framerate takes a nosedive, this helps out a lot when dealing with smoke)
High Water effects

m3dude
10-26-07, 02:25 PM
I wasnt comparing it directly to ut3, I even said the the beta demo doesnt have the best graphics, I was saying from the look/performance ration Unreal engine 3 beats any engine hands down. Gears of war for pc for instance has been stated by highly reputable sources like IGN to have breathtaking visuals and performs at very high resolutions with current gen hardware.

I dont care how good the game looks if you are gonna play at 1024x768 and get 40fps with dips to the 20's with very high settings its not worth bragging about.

well of course 2 games designed for the consoles and merely ported to the pc are going to run fast

Ontariotl
10-26-07, 02:27 PM

Very High Textures
High Objects
High Shadows
Medium Physics (I'll have to play around with this one to see how it affects performance)
High Shaders (I've played with this one a little. I think V. High adds the parallax mapping and it didn't hurt performance too bad)
Medium Game Effects
Medium Post Processing (this seems to be one of the biggest framerate hogs, plus the motion blur is annoying)
Medium Particle Effects (when I look at smoke my framerate takes a nosedive, this helps out a lot when dealing with smoke)
High Water effects

Maybe I'll try these settings later to see if there is an actual difference in quality.

Zeus666
10-26-07, 02:29 PM
Crysis Demo Medium Settings

10 minute gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9c9WpnmEWo

:)

mortster
10-26-07, 02:30 PM
...so what's the point, really? What's the point of making a game that can't run on current hardware and isn't a game that people will play for years, like an MMOG, which is the only time "future proof" even makes sense?

The point I reckon is to sell new hardware.
I reckon we might see the 9800 fairly quickly.
I was really really very disappointed with the MP beta, I run an E6420@3.20, 2GB and an 8800 GTX.

poursoul
10-26-07, 02:32 PM

Very High Textures
High Objects
High Shadows
Medium Game Effects
High Water effects

What is your hardware? Can you give any more in depth performance stats? Like what settings effect CPU (Physics,) GPU (Shaders,) memory (Objects.)

EDIT: Sorry for being greedy, just been waiting forever.

SH0DAN
10-26-07, 02:32 PM
What's the deal with gamers and their masochistic tendancies when it comes to games? If i hear another person try and defend "future proof" when i comes to games i'm gonna puke.

Sure, Crysis looks amazing at the highest detail levels, sure it's probably the best looking game out there atm...but to what end?

Basically all Crytek has done is make a game that will finally be experienced the way it was meant to, in a couple of years. By that time, there will be better looking games and no one with decent hardware will give Crysis a second look.

When i see people "happy" that they see screenshots of 7 fps, i think they must have been dropped on their heads as a child. I'm never happy if a game i buy runs like ****...never, no matter what it looks like. If i want a pretty picture that runs like ass, i'll wait for the next 3DMark.

Here's the thing, by the end of this year Crysis won't be the best looking game you play, based on the settings you have to play it at compared to other games. Two years from now when you finally can play it maxed out, it still won't be the best looking game...so what's the point, really? What's the point of making a game that can't run on current hardware and isn't a game that people will play for years, like an MMOG, which is the only time "future proof" even makes sense?

98% agree with you,after spending 619 dollars for my Ultra this month (and 489 Cdn for my eVGA GTS 640 last Dec 12th),and the war I had to wage with my wife,(to get the cash),who is the main earner in the household for the next 2.5 years while I finish Nursing School,I am just a lil pissed to say the least. :thumbdwn: I bought a Raptor X and the Ultra to get a slideshow at 19x12.... :( :( :(

Looks more like a farcry mod than a whole new game to me. some shots look quite amazing and others look like 2004. Weird.

I'll say that I'm shocked at the performance, considering how nice the unreal 3 engine looked and ran in bioshock. Damn cry 2 engine. heh

I see what you mean,some of it is truly next gen jaw dropping stuff,and other parts look just ok,and some parts make Jericho look better,its just ....bizarre ! :( And yes the performance is horrible,shockingly so !!!!!!

Very High Textures
High Objects
High Shadows
Medium Game Effects
High Water effects

Thanks for the tips and constructive post :) I did this with Farcry back in the day to get the same desired effects.

If you dont mind me asking you,what are your system specs Jason?

Nkd
10-26-07, 02:34 PM
well of course 2 games designed for the consoles and merely ported to the pc are going to run fast

console ports are not all that bad, lost planet looks pretty damn good at high resolutions and I dont know what console ports have to do anything about performance, are you implying they dont look good. gears of war is a console port but has been in development for pc for over a year now, and looks better than console, just like lost planet did.

MamiyaOtaru
10-26-07, 02:38 PM
What a disaster with the EA prerelease. Almost as bad as the Yahoo exclusive on the COD4 demo. I don't think a single person got it before it appeared on other mirrors.

Mr Bigman
10-26-07, 02:41 PM
Why isn't Crysis MP working?
I go to game browser and click a server and it sits their and i get the red error message saying can't connect. WTF?

evox
10-26-07, 02:42 PM
Why isn't Crysis MP working?
I go to game browser and click a server and it sits their and i get the red error message saying can't connect. WTF?
this is not the thread for MP Beta. :rolleyes:

Zeus666
10-26-07, 02:44 PM
http://stage6.divx.com/user/cognoscentiFTW/video/1782764/Crysis-Single-Player-Demo-Beginning

Another video : )

FULL INTRO WITH ORIGINAL SOUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SH0DAN
10-26-07, 03:01 PM
I think I'll still pick it up (pre paid months ago) but will let it sit on the shelf till next summer / fall when we have a new high end ~599$ card that craps all over the current Ultra.No way I am going SLI,besides I will never get my wife to approve the funds :o :D :(

I could care less for AA but insist on playing this at my main LCD's native res on Very High,with FPS in the mid twenties to mid 40's,straight through the game from start to end.

From what I have seen here,even 1280x800 with 2x AA and 4X AF will be a slideshow on Very High !!

Hmmnnnnn..... maybe I could swap my screen for my wifes Dell 2005FPW A03 ?? Just for Crysis ? :thumbdwn:

My god,not even that 1 Tflop monster that was talked about at the analyst conference call would be able to handle this at 19x12 VH on my system.

We'll need say 192 SP @ 2.4Ghz with 48 Rops 64 TMU's,at around 1Ghz on 55nm with a 384bit bus,tied to 768Mb of 2400Mhz GDDR4 to run this at 19x12 with a little bit of AA and say 8x AF,and still keep the FPS constantly above 30 to 35 at all times.

How long till we see a card like that for 599 ?? Maybe a year from now ?

khafan
10-26-07, 03:03 PM
Crysis_SP_Demo.exe (http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com/u/demos/Crysis_SP_Demo.exe)

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=931665&topic=39127111

Madpistol
10-26-07, 03:04 PM
thanks for the link khafan!

Gaco
10-26-07, 03:07 PM

Sweet jesus that's great :D

Destroy
10-26-07, 03:07 PM
This by far the best looking game to date, ever. Kudos to Crytek for pushing the limits.

I'm very happy with the frame rate at these amazing visuals.

Would much rather have a game with jaw dropping visuals and scale the options back as needed than have a game like Quake Wars or UT3 with blurry textures at max settings with faster frame rates.

Jonelo
10-26-07, 03:10 PM
http://www.3dnews.ru/documents/6947/ver1_2/far-cry-vga-roundup.gif

The FX series in DX 8 with sm 1.1 and 1.4 ;) on in partial precision

The availability of the GF 6xxx or x800 is two /four
months after than the Far Cry launch , in April of 2004 . The Far Cry Demo is of March of 2004

sirplayalot
10-26-07, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the link! Although I know it wont run good on my system at all. :(

esir
10-26-07, 03:12 PM

Thanks.I get 50 kbps,what about you? :captnkill:

Dreamingawake
10-26-07, 03:13 PM
Fired it up in Xp. WOW what a huge difference in framerates from vista. It's unbelievably smooth with 4xaa 8xaf, and everything on high 1280x1024. - i didn't realize tree's were breakable in dx9!

if we're forced to play everything on high while using vista anyway, (because very high results in unplayable framerates) might as well just play it in xp for the added boost.

mcbacker
10-26-07, 03:14 PM
Great! Downloading... is there a key needed to unlock that?!

MC

walterman
10-26-07, 03:15 PM
My last screen shots...

1680x1050 No AA/Very High settings (I refuse to reduce settings as I didn't invest all this money in my computer to play a demo at poor settings!!)

You're absolutely right !

My god,not even that 1 Tflop monster that was talked about at the analyst conference call would be able to handle this at 19x12 VH on my system.

We'll need say 192 SP @ 2.4Ghz with 48 Rops 64 TMU's,at around 1Ghz on 55nm with a 384bit bus,tied to 768Mb of 2400Mhz GDDR4 to run this at 19x12 with a little bit of AA and say 8x AF,and still keep the FPS constantly above 30 to 35 at all times.

How long till we see a card like that for 599 ?? Maybe a year from now ?

When FarCry was launched, i was using a GF4 Ti 4400. After a 9800Pro, 6800U, 7900GTX & 8800GTX, the game runs very well.

svetli_pp
10-26-07, 03:16 PM
Well that's great :) That means than in several months if you ditch out 1000$ for the next top vid card you'll see the 7fps on current high end double to at least 14fps. For that much money I'd prefer to go to a tropical island personally. Definitely the gfx will look better than Crysis :thumbdwn:

SH0DAN
10-26-07, 03:16 PM
What about the key and stuff ? or having to authenticate it with the EA DL Manager ? The people in that thread say it just works...

Edit: (598kb sec down!!!!) 16% and says 53 minutes til done.This will spread soon if its legit and needs no key,etc,but of course if EA finds out they'll block the link... Please guys DONT spread this,lets take what we can while we can,If too many find out the speeds will drop to crap,and it may get pulled.khafan,thank you,and can you confirm if this needs a key or anything or does it just work like a regular demo download would,without any of the EA Nazi **** we are seeing ??