PDA

View Full Version : Spore roughly 6 months away

mojoman0
10-25-07, 09:42 PM
After several delays and "To be done when it's done" announcements, spore is finally six months away from release.

"We have the game fully playable at this point and it's in final testing", Will Wright said yesterday in an interview with Radio 5 Live.

Spore is a multiplatform god game under development by Maxis and designed by Will Wright that allows a player to control the evolution of a species from its existence as a multicellular organism to a spacefaring sapient creature.

"We've had to do a lot of testing to make sure that the game is accessible by a wide group of people", Wright explained. "I want the people who have played The Sims to be able to play Spore - I don't want it to be something just hardcore gamers play."

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/sporeroughlysixmonthsaway.shtml

....now back to the 8 crysis demo installer threads:p

tacos4me
10-25-07, 10:02 PM
I can't wait for this game. Love the concept. Really pissed me off back when it was delayed.

Madpistol
10-25-07, 10:03 PM
It can't come any sooner can it? I really want to play this game! :D

arioch21
10-26-07, 12:13 AM
about time, looking forward to this one. :)

methimpikehoses
10-26-07, 12:41 AM
6 months is like 1000 gamer years. :headexplode:

SOAD
10-26-07, 04:26 AM
6 months is like 1000 gamer years. :headexplode:

QFT

SOAD
10-26-07, 04:27 AM
"We've had to do a lot of testing to make sure that the game is accessible by a wide group of people", Wright explained. "I want the people who have played The Sims to be able to play Spore - I don't want it to be something just hardcore gamers play.

uh oh. :headexplode:

Crappy graphics anyone? Toned down gameplay?

Monolyth
10-26-07, 09:24 AM
uh oh. :headexplode:

Crappy graphics anyone? Toned down gameplay?

Yeah and there goes my idea of infecting anyone that came to my planet with my own virus and having it spread from various sapient species to the next as they traded and bartered throughout the galaxy, and then finally initiating an evolutionary change, thus modifying the hosts DNA and giving me control over the entire universe!

*sigh*

SOAD
10-26-07, 09:39 AM
:rofl