PDA

View Full Version : Creative GeForce 4 Ti4400 - who knows the damage ?

Carter
04-13-03, 01:58 PM
i own a Creative GeForce 4 Ti4400 with 128 MB Ram. the card has a problem.
when installed and boot my system. sometimes it starts normaly sometimes i receive colored stripes on the monitor during the boot sequence.
when in windows, it starts normaly sometimes and then after a few minutes the grafic starts being damaged, like stripes, blocks, flickering, ect until you can't se anything anymore.
one time the system has started normaly and i could work up to 2 hours with it. i made a test with 3D mark 2003 and 2001 and the system hasn't shown any problems. after a restart the problem occured again.
i also changed the bios to a reference bios with no effect (someone knows where i can get the original creative bios ? havn't found it on the web)
for some sample pics about the problem take a look at this side, there i posted the problem with pics.
http://www.wassergekuehlt.de/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=Grafikoc;action=display;num=10502520 37

someone knows what the problem is and how to solve it ?

thx

ThePsychologist
04-13-03, 02:19 PM
Your card is bad take it back. I have a simular problem with the chip that came preinstalled on my motherboard. It used to work fine, but if you try and play a game that uses 3d of any kind it locks up. had to get a new card.

Carter
04-13-03, 02:25 PM
it was a cheap second hand buy with no warranty. someone else an idea ?

Dazz
04-13-03, 02:57 PM
You might still be able to get a replacement but you will have to contact Creative labs.

Gator
04-14-03, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Dazz
You might still be able to get a replacement but you will have to contact Creative labs.

agreed! Make no mention whatsoever of the card being second-hand to Creative. Try to look up the warranty on their site, and then call and claim your card went bad within that warranty period. If it expires say one year from purchase, claim you bought it May 2002 so that it's still in the warranty period, but they might understand that you don't have the UPC or recept anymore ;)

Carter
04-15-03, 10:01 AM
nope the support says it is only possible with the recept, so i need to try some different things. someone owns a creative ti4400 and could dump me his original bios ?
http://bunny.xs4all.nl/software/nvidia.html
i heard the msi ti4400 is identical to the creative one, a msi bios would be fine also
would be very cool when someone could dump me his bios.
carter@gmx.li

thx

Gator
04-15-03, 04:40 PM
Well I did some research for you, and it looks like the Creative Labs "3d blaster 4 titanium 4400" is ONLY available in Germany. Not in Asia, US, UK... only Germany specifically. My advice on finding a person with the same exact card is look on a Germany-based tech board. I tried the german site and found no firmware/bios downloads available. Google didn't find anything either.

Wish I could be more help :(

Carter
04-15-03, 04:47 PM
thanks for your work !
hmmm... could be possible, don't know. i try to find someone here who has the same bios. thx

Dazz
04-15-03, 05:35 PM
They used to be in the UK but they have been replaced as you can imagine with the Ti4200 & Ti4800SE.