PDA

View Full Version : Crysis demo - what score should it get?

Pages : 1 [2]

nopp0x00
10-29-07, 01:03 AM
I voted 7.5

I don't see the beautiful graphics, I see leaves on trees that are a lot more low res than the pics and movies we were fed a year and a half ago.

I see a lot of aa needed, but bad performance even without it.

Nothing new brought to the table regarding gameplay.

It's not a horrible game, it just doesn't blow me away in any aspect.

I still feel Gears of War is better graphically and in gameplay. Multiplayer as well. Much more detailed textures, the chainsaw..Gears for graphics and online - area 51 for single player.

Crysis is too unoptimized and not original enough to justify the frustration of playing it at 25 fps at high.

Gears isn't on the same level graphically as this game. Gears is a nice looking game and has nice art, but Crysis blows it away technically.

It's also more fun too. Corridor shooters get boring - Gears can be played through all difficulty modes, but then the fun is over unless you're into its MP. Crysis has multiple ways of doing things - and things never quite happen the same way each playthrough.

Crysis IS well optimized, it's just that it's so damn detailed that it stresses even powerful hardware. Nvidia's drivers need a bit of work though.

Mr_LoL
10-29-07, 01:28 AM
would of been a 10 for me if they didnt release a billion videos that showcase all the unique features of the game. I felt like I already played this game before just from all the damn videos that have been out. I gave it a 9 cause the graphics are amazing.
Those videos seem to have worked well for them though. The interest in this game is absolutely insane.

Crow_Nest
10-29-07, 03:48 AM
It could have gotten a 9.5, but because of the steep system requirements. It gets a 9 from me. Not too shabby. :)

Kain
10-29-07, 05:37 AM

jcrox
10-29-07, 07:16 AM
What are these people talking about.. nothing new with the game play?? Must not have gotten into the nano-suit much, it rocks!!! :D

Gaco
10-29-07, 08:29 AM
I agree with everything there, plus the previously quoted points aswell.
Not to mention, I was playing around inside a building, punching stuff with strength on, destabilised the structure and had it come crashing down on my head, yes, definetly not the smartest thing ive done, but the fact it happend is awesome.
Even if the Crysis gameplay/story was crap(which its not, imo), I cant wait to see what licensed games come out with.
Yeah my point can also be condensed to the question: If Crysis does not deserve 10/10, which game does? You have to compare to the rest of the market, not some obscure notion of a perfect game with endless possibilities and photorealistic graphics, human AI etc.

Burner_Tbird2
10-29-07, 10:15 AM
(nana2)

10 baby yeah!

I was able to speed run up a jeep, switch to strength punch the doors to jam them, the guy manning the gatling gun couldn't get out switched to invisble, jumped onto the hood and punch him out. Take control of gun and fire at the boat. Did all this in a hair raising pace and didn't miss a beat.

BTW I had no ammo left and eventually got killed but the fact that I successfully did the above is nothing short of phenominal gameplay, physics, and AI.

~Bobby

The story above highlights what I think is the game's greatest ability- seemless sandbox environment. Meaning if you can think it up you can probably do it; I replayed this demo about a dozen times this weekend just trying different things each time and the amount of depth found in the engine is nothing short of astounding.

9.5 for me, I don't have any problems with graphical performance or gameplay, just a some annoying AI bugs and save game glitches keeping it from 10.

CDE_1246
10-29-07, 08:58 PM
I love this game and I think the story line is awesome. Definitely going to be buying this and Gears of War.

MowTin
10-30-07, 12:20 AM
Wow, I just tried the sandbox editor. You sort of get a peek of all the weapons and stuff to come. Wow, this is going to be the greatest game ever!! :captnkill:

Mym8marmite
10-30-07, 05:57 AM
I voted 10. Shouldn't have done that as something better always comes along. Maybe we can have scores that go to 11 like in Spinal Tap.
The reason for the 10 is that I haven't been blown away like this since I first played Doom. Last night I was giggling like a little school girl.
Now, if only there were more hours in the day.