PDA

View Full Version : Crysis demo - what score should it get?

Pages : [1] 2

Destroy
10-28-07, 12:30 PM
Remember the scores Bioshock and Orange box are getting? Did they really deserver those scores?

If Crysis does not get a 10/10 then I'm really at a loss as to what people want or expect.

And if the scores are reduced cause of poor performance complaints, the crappy stuff Bioshock had didn't seem to effect its scores much... lame FOV, widescreen, no FSAA, etc..

jcrox
10-28-07, 12:50 PM
I'd give it an 11 really. It is so head and shoulders above other games it's not even funny. The people that are complaining about performance and not being able to turn the setttings up seem to be disregarding the fact that even on XP with high settings this is still by far the best looking game out there.

The nay sayers also seem to be forgetting about many of the things that were said over the last 6 months or so....

"it will take PC hardware 18 months to catch up with game."

"The game will run very smoothly on high settings with todays hardware"

It looks great, runs great and is amazing fun.... and the best part: it's just a demo covering only the 1st level.... this game is going to be amazing :D

Sectus
10-28-07, 12:52 PM
Well, I didn't like Far Cry, and Crysis seems basically just like Far Cry with prettier graphics so I wasn't hooked at all.

grey_1
10-28-07, 12:56 PM
I voted 10.

1. Brilliant graphics
2. Varied gameplay
3. Avoidance of the old run n gun formula, tactics are needed here
4. Nice control implementation, this could have been pretty rough
5. A new level of melee (Hold em by the throat and beat them) never gets old :D
6. Looks like EVERYTHING is destructible
7. Anything that can't be picked up would be too heavy anyway..the chickens crack me up!

I'll probably add a lot more to the list after playing the full game..I just love this demo!

S.I.N
10-28-07, 01:00 PM
Besides the graphics I don't think anything is that amazing about it. Not even the story. I think it will get a big pass because of the graphics but then again its too soon to judge the whole game based on the demo. Going by the demo I would give it a solid 8.5-9 though.

Vasot02
10-28-07, 01:06 PM
I vote 9

The Game engine still needs to be optimized for better performance with lower specs

If the final game is better optimized then i will vote 10

Anyway
Congratulations to the German company CRYTEK

The Crytek engine abilities are superior from the Unreal Engine

arioch21
10-28-07, 01:23 PM
amazing graphics, nothing really new gameplay wise overall so I wouldnt give it a 10.

-=DVS=-
10-28-07, 01:39 PM
I gave 9 cose of lame nightvision its future who uses such crappy gear where is thermal goggles :thumbdwn:

SeriTonin
10-28-07, 01:42 PM
I voted 7.5

I don't see the beautiful graphics, I see leaves on trees that are a lot more low res than the pics and movies we were fed a year and a half ago.

I see a lot of aa needed, but bad performance even without it.

Nothing new brought to the table regarding gameplay.

It's not a horrible game, it just doesn't blow me away in any aspect.

I still feel Gears of War is better graphically and in gameplay. Multiplayer as well. Much more detailed textures, the chainsaw..Gears for graphics and online - area 51 for single player.

Crysis is too unoptimized and not original enough to justify the frustration of playing it at 25 fps at high.

agentkay
10-28-07, 01:46 PM
9.5. It has the graphics, the gameplay, replay value, great AI, great physics, SP and MP. This game deserves at least the scores of Bioshock but it actually brings a lot more the table, incl. huge mod support and I'm sure dev support will be good too, unlike other devs that abondon their games after release..

PoweredBySoy
10-28-07, 01:52 PM
Whoa. Holy fanboy threads. "CRYSIS DESERVES A 10 JUST FROM THE DEMO!!" How about we wait to see what the full game offers first.

It's going to be a good game, but the controls need a little polish. Sometimes I get stuck in prone, because I'm caught on some sort of physics. Also, trying to enter a boat from the water is a trial of frustration.

$n][pErMan
10-28-07, 02:23 PM
I'm going to wait for the game to come out before I vote :p Demo's don't really give the full feel of the game. Looking forward to it though!

nrdstrm
10-28-07, 02:34 PM
I gave it a 9.5. I loved everything about it, except the low frame rate. I'll give it a 10 when better drivers or optimized engine patch are released...

grey_1
10-28-07, 02:38 PM
Whoa. Holy fanboy threads. "CRYSIS DESERVES A 10 JUST FROM THE DEMO!!" How about we wait to see what the full game offers first.

It's going to be a good game, but the controls need a little polish. Sometimes I get stuck in prone, because I'm caught on some sort of physics. Also, trying to enter a boat from the water is a trial of frustration.
Did you read the thread title?
Re: Crysis demo - what score should it get?
:)

LORD-eX-Bu
10-28-07, 03:08 PM
Did you read the thread title?

:)

don't bother, we've been getting a ton of :retard: folks lately who can't read.

toxikneedle
10-28-07, 03:16 PM
would of been a 10 for me if they didnt release a billion videos that showcase all the unique features of the game. I felt like I already played this game before just from all the damn videos that have been out. I gave it a 9 cause the graphics are amazing.

SH64
10-28-07, 03:22 PM
Since nothing's perfect in this field , i'll give it 9.5 & shall name it " The Best FPS/Action Game In Pc Gaming History"! :nana:

(thats of course based on the demo).

ArrowMk84
10-28-07, 04:00 PM
10. Besides the awesome graphics, the gameplay has that hunt and be hunted feel, something that hasn't been done properly since Far Cry.

khellandros66
10-28-07, 04:10 PM
(nana2)

10 baby yeah!

I was able to speed run up a jeep, switch to strength punch the doors to jam them, the guy manning the gatling gun couldn't get out switched to invisble, jumped onto the hood and punch him out. Take control of gun and fire at the boat. Did all this in a hair raising pace and didn't miss a beat.

BTW I had no ammo left and eventually got killed but the fact that I successfully did the above is nothing short of phenominal gameplay, physics, and AI.

~Bobby

Gaco
10-28-07, 04:16 PM
I voted 10.

1. Brilliant graphics
2. Varied gameplay
3. Avoidance of the old run n gun formula, tactics are needed here
4. Nice control implementation, this could have been pretty rough
5. A new level of melee (Hold em by the throat and beat them) never gets old :D
6. Looks like EVERYTHING is destructible
7. Anything that can't be picked up would be too heavy anyway..the chickens crack me up!

I'll probably add a lot more to the list after playing the full game..I just love this demo!
I second that.

I really agree with your point 3. also, it gets very tactic when playing on Delta difficulty, which surprisingly doesn't feel too hard at all :D

Also:

8. Story seems very interesting, wanna makes to keep playing.
9. Excellent sound. Besides from the great sound effects and competent voice acting, the sound positioning is some of the best I've ever heard.
10. The sum of all the qualities in Crysis just nails the overall impression of the game, how you immerse yourself in the experience.

10/10 from me as well. You can always point out flaws, but really in comparison to all the other games out there, Crysis emits skyhigh production values. People can be spoiled bitches sometimes :p

And people don't give me that "no game can ever achieve perfection and thus the perfect score 10 is impossible"-bull****; it doesn't have to be PERFECT in the literal sence but just represents a very special game in all respects. Like saying having an unattainable grade in school.. stupid.

nutcrackr
10-28-07, 05:26 PM
orange box deserved a good score, bioshock was overrated probably.

PoweredBySoy
10-28-07, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I totally misunderstood the op's post. I mean, it must have been the extra large font and red "10/10" that threw me off.

Atomizer
10-29-07, 01:44 AM
I second that.

I really agree with your point 3. also, it gets very tactic when playing on Delta difficulty, which surprisingly doesn't feel too hard at all :D

Also:

8. Story seems very interesting, wanna makes to keep playing.
9. Excellent sound. Besides from the great sound effects and competent voice acting, the sound positioning is some of the best I've ever heard.
10. The sum of all the qualities in Crysis just nails the overall impression of the game, how you immerse yourself in the experience.

10/10 from me as well. You can always point out flaws, but really in comparison to all the other games out there, Crysis emits skyhigh production values. People can be spoiled bitches sometimes :p

And people don't give me that "no game can ever achieve perfection and thus the perfect score 10 is impossible"-bull****; it doesn't have to be PERFECT in the literal sence but just represents a very special game in all respects. Like saying having an unattainable grade in school.. stupid.

I agree with everything there, plus the previously quoted points aswell.
Not to mention, I was playing around inside a building, punching stuff with strength on, destabilised the structure and had it come crashing down on my head, yes, definetly not the smartest thing ive done, but the fact it happend is awesome.
Even if the Crysis gameplay/story was crap(which its not, imo), I cant wait to see what licensed games come out with.

nopp0x00
10-29-07, 01:47 AM

Awesome and fun demo that looks great, plus that kickass editor.

nopp0x00
10-29-07, 01:50 AM
I agree with everything there, plus the previously quoted points aswell.
Not to mention, I was playing around inside a building, punching stuff with strength on, destabilised the structure and had it come crashing down on my head, yes, definetly not the smartest thing ive done, but the fact it happend is awesome.
Even if the Crysis gameplay/story was crap(which its not, imo), I cant wait to see what licensed games come out with.

(nana2) (nana2) (nana2) (nana2)

It's ridiculous how much fun you can have just by blowing stuff up, breaking buildings, breaking trees. One thing I really like to do is to blow up the gas can on the back of those Humvees to blow them up. There's just so many ways to progress - they've got the fun thing down. I can't wait to see what kickass singleplayer missions the mod community is going to come up with.