PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero III

Pages : [1] 2 3

Buenamos
10-28-07, 03:28 PM
Anyone else pick it up? Goooood stuff! :p

I've been having a lot of fun playing battle mode with my buddies. At first I wasn't much of a fan of it but after a few really really good battles with everyone yelling and screaming in the background it gets pretty intense. A lot of times it just comes down to who misses the first note on hard and expert settings. I love good party games like this.

Not sure what to make of the song list yet though. I haven't quite unlocked all the songs yet to we'll have to see.

toxikneedle
10-28-07, 04:16 PM
Yep, getting it this week, can't wait to battle people on Live.

Buenamos
10-28-07, 05:00 PM
Yep, getting it this week, can't wait to battle people on Live.

well my xbox live tag is iRanduMi if u wanna play sometime. My roommates play quite a bit too.

toxikneedle
10-28-07, 05:36 PM
Yup, I think I had u added already, yeah I just got my email from Best Buy that it is ready to be picked up, so tomorrow I'll have it.

Namrok
10-28-07, 08:22 PM
I'll get it as soon as I get my next paycheck, probably around the 8th :D

I download the demo and had a blast with that. This will work out well for me since I never got that 2nd guitar for GH2.

KasuCode
10-28-07, 10:45 PM
Wait WTF its out? I thought it dosnt come out tell tuesday.

**** BRB...

Q
10-28-07, 10:49 PM
Everyone is ****ting all over the PS3 version over at Gamespot. They say the controller is nearly worthless from lag, excessive battery use, and bricking. I'm glad I didn't run out and buy this one today.

I'm going to wait a bit to hear some more reviews first to see how prevalent the issues are.

Q
10-28-07, 10:50 PM
After playing it, there is *something* that makes the way it is played different from GH1 and 2. I kick ass at GH1 and 2, I can play through nearly every song on expert...but on 3, I'm having trouble hitting notes on Normal difficulty. Like the timing is off or something...I haven't quite figured it out, but something definitely seems different to me.

My best friend thought the same thing. He came over, picked up the guitar, started a song on Hard, and failed out within moments. He was like "WTF!?!? Is the timing off?" It's like the time window you have to hit a note accurately is smaller than it was on GH1 and 2.

You have the PS3 version, right? This is what a lot of people are complaining about over at GS, even after calibrating for lag.

evilchris
10-28-07, 11:00 PM
Teh cELL is so fast it is just YOU who is lagged

Q
10-28-07, 11:08 PM
Teh cELL is so fast it is just YOU who is lagged

:rofl

It's more of your blatant PS3 trolling, but damn if it couldn't be more true right now. :D

KasuCode
10-28-07, 11:59 PM
Just got back from walmart. Time to play. Ill be on as Code Kasu (xboxlive) if you wanta play me in GH3. I usually play Hard/Expert in GH2 so.

ViN86
10-29-07, 12:52 AM
one of my friends picked it up (i cant yet, i have too much work to do, bleh) and i played battle mode.

the game is freaking awesome. battle mode is so addictive. on expert, you can win in like 20 seconds, but when you get used to it, the battles get intense.

definitely pick this game up if you have the cash. it's well worth the money! :D

toxikneedle
10-29-07, 07:36 AM
I got a question, is battle mode the only mode for online? Can you just play the song all the way through and see who gets the highest score like in GH2?

ViN86
10-29-07, 09:25 AM
I got a question, is battle mode the only mode for online? Can you just play the song all the way through and see who gets the highest score like in GH2?
no. tbh, i only know of co-op mode online.

KasuCode
10-29-07, 11:45 AM
battle, co-op, Pro Face off, Face off.

KasuCode
10-29-07, 11:47 AM
This game is soo much fun. I almost have all the hard mode songs fully unlocked.

Wavern
10-29-07, 12:12 PM
I picked up the PS3 version. Fun game though it did take some getting used to. There is definitely something different between the ps2 and ps3 version of the game. I've gone back over songs I 3 starred to win the game and can now 5 star 'em.

There are wide reports of both 360 and ps3 guitar problems though. I have had notes randomly drop or get played when I haven't done anything to the guitar. I'm just glad to read I'm not alone and that it looks like a platform independent problem. Now I'm just wondering if I should return the whole thing as defective or not.

ViN86
10-29-07, 12:17 PM
I picked up the PS3 version. Fun game though it did take some getting used to. There is definitely something different between the ps3 and ps3 version of the game. I've gone back over songs I 3 starred to win the game and can now 5 star 'em.

There are wide reports of both 360 and ps3 guitar problems though. I have had notes randomly drop or get played when I haven't done anything to the guitar. I'm just glad to read I'm not alone and that it looks like a platform independent problem. Now I'm just wondering if I should return the whole thing as defective or not.
i used my guitar from Guitar Hero II and i experienced no problems with random notes played/missed.

Wavern
10-29-07, 12:20 PM
I assume you played something other than easy mode? From what I've read the problems happen more often the higher the skill is set.

Also it could just be the guitar. why they made it into two pieces that lock together I have no clue.

toxikneedle
10-29-07, 12:31 PM
I assume you played something other than easy mode? From what I've read the problems happen more often the higher the skill is set.

Also it could just be the guitar. why they made it into two pieces that lock together I have no clue.
easier to carry, which a lot of people complained about, since gh is a party game.

ViN86
10-29-07, 12:33 PM

i play on Expert (yea, i have no life lol)

KasuCode
10-29-07, 12:33 PM
I got the one from wallmart which has the wired guitar. So now I have two of the same guitars. I have no issues at all. Game plays great even in expert.

Wavern
10-29-07, 01:05 PM
Circuit City is gonna take it back for a full refund. I'm gonna pick it up again once they fix their problems.

evilchris
10-29-07, 01:10 PM
There is definitely something different between the ps3 and ps3 version of the game.

No kidding?

Ninjaman09
10-29-07, 01:12 PM
i used my guitar from Guitar Hero II and i experienced no problems with random notes played/missed.
So yours is working OK? I was gonna pick up the 360 version today but I was worried about all the negative feedback. I do have the GH2 controller for 360.