PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened

Severian126
10-30-07, 11:54 AM
Anyone else playing this? Any impressions whatsoever from a gamer? I've been debating whether or not I should pick this up.

CaptNKILL
10-30-07, 12:10 PM
I played a little bit of the demo a few weeks ago. Didn't have time to go all the way through it but it seems cool.

I'd recommend picking up the demo if you're interested.

It caught my eye because it deals with the Cthulhu mythos, and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corner's of the Earth was excellent.

SH64
10-30-07, 12:24 PM
I'm playing the full game these days & i'm just at the next chapter where the demo ends so i dont have much to say yet , but i can definitly recommend it if you're an adventure gamer.

LT.Schaffer
10-30-07, 02:20 PM
I Think it's a great adventure game...
Worth Buying:)

crainger
10-30-07, 03:51 PM
I might have to get this for my Christmas break. It's on Steam yes?

Severian126
10-30-07, 04:32 PM
Cool, thanks for the response. I just went out and bought it during lunch. Now I just have to wait until I'm off work to play this puppy. :)

SH64
10-30-07, 05:15 PM
Now I just have to wait until I'm off work to play this puppy. :)
Hmm crainger .. i think this is for you :p

LT.Schaffer
10-30-07, 05:26 PM
I might have to get this for my Christmas break. It's on Steam yes?
Yep it's on steam:)

crainger
10-30-07, 07:43 PM
Hmm crainger .. i think this is for you :p

Hush Earmuffs.

Severian126
10-31-07, 11:14 AM
Well I played this for a few hours yesterday, and I must say I really enjoy it. Though the world is sparce (just like any other Adventure games I guess), the voice acting is pretty good, and the story (so far) is interesting. I'm still on the Harbor level, and for some strange reason, I can't seem to find warehouse #12. I've run around everywhere and can't find it. Supposed to meet some guy there. Anyone have a clue?

SH64
10-31-07, 04:06 PM
Didnt reach there yet.

one more thing i like so much in this game is that you can control the whole game with just one hand (you can use the mouse for movement & interaction). this keeps my other hand unoccupied.
& before anyone misunderstand me , no i dont use my other hand like how crainger uses it :bleh: , but rather i like to eat while playing adventure games .. pizza , popcorn , chocolate you name it. so thats hecka fun!! (popcorn) :beer2:

Blacklash
10-31-07, 04:16 PM
I played a little bit of the demo a few weeks ago. Didn't have time to go all the way through it but it seems cool.

I'd recommend picking up the demo if you're interested.

It caught my eye because it deals with the Cthulhu mythos, and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corner's of the Earth was excellent.

I'll have to look into this.

crainger
10-31-07, 05:06 PM
Fapamentry my dear SH64. Fapamentry.

SH0DAN
10-31-07, 05:21 PM
Yet another title to buy this year,too many great games !!

SH64
10-31-07, 09:16 PM
Well I played this for a few hours yesterday, and I must say I really enjoy it. Though the world is sparce (just like any other Adventure games I guess), the voice acting is pretty good, and the story (so far) is interesting. I'm still on the Harbor level, and for some strange reason, I can't seem to find warehouse #12. I've run around everywhere and can't find it. Supposed to meet some guy there. Anyone have a clue?
Ok i entered warehouse 12. its in the back of the harbour .. you should see a sign with "warehouses" on it. each warehouse has a number so it shouldnt be hard to spot.

the game involves some physics puzzles .. now i see why the game supports Ageia thought its not that advanced physics anyway like these used in modern FPS games.

zampe
11-01-07, 12:49 PM
I finished this game, it took me a few days, but I finished this damn game with anguish.
Definitively one of the most difficult games in my whole life!!!

Severian126
11-01-07, 01:19 PM
Ok i entered warehouse 12. its in the back of the harbour .. you should see a sign with "warehouses" on it. each warehouse has a number so it shouldnt be hard to spot.

the game involves some physics puzzles .. now i see why the game supports Ageia thought its not that advanced physics anyway like these used in modern FPS games.

Yeah I finally found it...duh. LOL, not sure how I missed it. Anyway, I've gotten past the point and gone in a bit further. So far there has been a really, WTF funny moment in the game.

***SPOILER***

Down in Warehouse 12, I found the body and spent a few minutes examining it. I tried to be as thorough as possible, and upon doing everything I could, I walked back and a cutscene started where Holmes and Watson gasp and exclaimed when they saw the dead body. I'm like, WTF, you just spent 10 minutes examining the body and now you're surprised to see it? Huh....funny.