PDA

View Full Version : Enthusiasm for next-gen titles after seeing Crysis

Pages : [1] 2 3

SH64
10-30-07, 12:11 PM
So after trying the Crysis SP demo , do you still have the same level of excitement about other next-gen games like GoW , Assassin's Creed , Alan Wake .. etc ?

For me the level of excitement certainly dropped .. i'm not that much interested in Gears of War [for example] unless it ends up with level of graphics quality not any less than whats in this screenshot & i really doubt it :o

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=28761&stc=1&d=1193764134

Now before you get me wrong i'm not saying i'm not interested totally & dont want to play these games , but i just say i'm not excited about them as much as i did before.
from now on i expect upcoming games to look same if not better than Crysis DX9 & since that might not be possible until late 2008 .. perhaps with the release of Project Offset which seems to me the only game that may compete with Crysis for its visuals , i might only sattle for better gameplay , AI & other features that are not gfx related :|

EDIT : Oops sorry , mods please move this thread to Crysis subforum if this is not the correct place for it

S.I.N
10-30-07, 12:18 PM
You have the attention span of a 1 year old or something? You actually cant appreciate other games because of the graphics in Crysis? Heh.

jAkUp
10-30-07, 12:19 PM
I played GoW on PC, and thought the visuals were very impressive.

SH64
10-30-07, 12:21 PM
As good as the screenshot above ?

Arachnid
10-30-07, 12:23 PM

Did it run as well as UT3?, any idea what system it was running on?

Oops forgot about the topic, see I am excited about other games apart from Crysis. :)

DiscipleDOC
10-30-07, 12:24 PM
As good as the screenshot above ?
I think the screenshot above is a picture...not an actual shot of a game...

SH64
10-30-07, 12:27 PM
I think the screenshot above is a picture...not an actual shot of a game...
Yeah i know .. i mean same gfx quality (like DoF , bump maps , poly count , texture details etc)
Crysis at highest settings can look even better than this picture.

grey_1
10-30-07, 12:29 PM
I've got Crysis tweaked to fit my rig atm, approx 35-45 fps. It still looks "ok" but the smoother frames are allowing me to really appreciate the gameplay, instead of being distracted by the graphics.

I would love to have both, but I can't right now which is very cool as long as the gameplay is up to par.

So I guess the answer would be 'no' I won't miss the graphics as much as I thought I would, or be turned off by lower quality games because of it.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-30-07, 12:39 PM
the 360 GoW's graphics were pretty dang good, I'm sure that with the upgraded UT3 engine, cranked up graphics, some AA and AF that the game will come very close to that picture posted above :D

Bman212121
10-30-07, 12:41 PM
Nope, I could honestly care less about Crysis. Bring on UT3!!! :D

SH64
10-30-07, 12:43 PM
the 360 GoW's graphics were pretty dang good, I'm sure that with the upgraded UT3 engine, cranked up graphics, some AA and AF that the game will come very close to that picture posted above :D
I surely hope so! UT3 didnt bring a good representation to the UE3 as we thought.
i hope GoW breaks the barrier & show us when UE3 can truely do!

methimpikehoses
10-30-07, 12:46 PM
I think the full version of Crysis will be a blast to play, and just think how many hours we'll get out of it at 25FPS!!!11 (nana2)

Capt. Picard
10-30-07, 12:49 PM
I think the full version of Crysis will be a blast to play, and just think how many hours we'll get out of it at 25FPS!!!11 (nana2)

The slower the framerate, the longer the game time. 5FPS FTW!!!

SH64
10-30-07, 12:55 PM
The slower the framerate, the longer the game time. 5FPS FTW!!!
Aha that explains why HL2:Ep2 felt so short! :headexplode:

SH64
10-30-07, 01:10 PM
Did it run as well as UT3?, any idea what system it was running on?

I guess he's under NDA now he didnt answer the question.

grey_1
10-30-07, 01:15 PM
I get better than that ya slowtard. Give me your rig and I'll fix it for you.

CDE_1246
10-30-07, 01:19 PM
My anticipation hasn't changed at all. Gears of War is going to look good but not as good as the screen shot. Hell, that screen shot is better than Crysis but this isn't the year 2010.

stncttr908
10-30-07, 01:20 PM
I expect to be able to run GoW with AA at least. :D

At least after the promised driver update.

methimpikehoses
10-30-07, 01:20 PM
I get better than that ya slowtard. Give me your rig and I'll fix it for you.

Well I could get better than that too if I was playing the resolution and quality level that you are... :p

SeriTonin
10-30-07, 01:35 PM
Much more excited for Gears of War and Area 51 Blacksite than I am for crysis.

I still think Gow looks better than crysis. And this is judging the 360 version I played.

Gow is the game I've been waiting for to hit the PC, and crysis has not jaded the anticipation, actually, after the crysis demo, I'm looking forward to Gow even more.

I'm one of the 2% of people that weren't blown away or really all that impressed with crysis.

Abraxus#
10-30-07, 02:01 PM
For me next-gen just means better graphics, which isn't my biggest concern. I'm still excited about the titles you mentioned because they have some interesting gameplay elements, so no, Crysis hasn't taken away from that.

bugmeplz
10-30-07, 02:40 PM
spoiled

poullos
10-30-07, 02:49 PM
I realized how much emphasis I gave to gfx rather than the overall game. It's a shame to be hypnotized by this awesome graphics. I admit they look astonishing but in the end of the day it might end up to be the most beautiful tech demo rather than a nice single player game with a good story.

Good thing it woke me up to look on how things 'move' and not how they look 'still'. ;)

walterman
10-30-07, 02:51 PM
I would like to see more speed optimizations of the next-gen engines, rather than games that overload them & need a machine that doesn't exist.

Abraxus#
10-30-07, 02:57 PM
I would like to see more speed optimizations of the next-gen engines, rather than games that overload them & need a machine that doesn't exist.

Spot on, a nice looking game runnning at 60fps looks better to me than a stunning one at 25.