PDA

View Full Version : Is DX10 included in vista?

Nanosuitguy
10-30-07, 10:24 PM
Is DX10 included in vista? Or do i have to download it? I downloaded DX9c yesterday, but i wonder if DX10 is already included in that when running on vista?

I have a geforce 8800gtx.

ChaoticNick
10-30-07, 10:31 PM
Yes, it's included.

victor_c26
10-31-07, 01:13 AM
Will DX10 updates now be done through Windows update, or does one still have to depend on the games one buys, and actual manual installation by the user?

ChaoticNick
10-31-07, 01:35 AM
Will DX10 updates now be done through Windows update, or does one still have to depend on the games one buys, and actual manual installation by the user?

If you mean the monthly updates like DX9, then I think it'd be manual installation and included with games, not very important at all though. More importantly, DX10.1 will be included in Vista SP1.

LycosV
10-31-07, 01:35 AM

DX updates are still only installed manually or by games that need them. But it's not like newer DX versions run any better, they're only needed to make a game compatible so installing with the game is the way to go anyway.