PDA

View Full Version : Hellgate: London Feedback

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tygerwoody
10-31-07, 09:00 AM
To those who made the preorders, you should have gotten your games yesterday(at least I know of a few that did). I(like others) did not buy the game based on the demo. However, I am hearing that the retail of the game is much much better. I am a HUGE fan of the Diablo series and if this game is anywhere remotely Diablo 2 style I will be buying it.

Please keep this thread to feedback for the FULL RETAIL version of the game. I don't care about the demo. Its apparently flawed just like the Titan's Quest demo was. Titan's Quest turned out to be a brilliant game(imo) while its demo was absolutely terrible. I have a feeling this may be true for Hellgate: London as well.

Ninjaman09
10-31-07, 09:32 AM
I'm eagerly anticipating some feedback too - I did cancel my pre-order but if the full game ends up being worthwhile I might give this game another chance.

Vasot02
10-31-07, 09:34 AM
Does anyone have the full game yet ??

ANYONEEEEEEE ????

DRen72
10-31-07, 09:50 AM
I'll pick up a copy this afternoon after work.

Badboy_12345
10-31-07, 10:35 AM
comes out 2 november here in europe :(
I have it on preorder
Played the beta got to lvl 15 and was so much fun !
The retail should be even better with Patch 0 at release :super:

Lfctony
10-31-07, 10:52 AM
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Had it on my list, and crossed it out because of the demo reactions, but I'm willing to give it a go if user feedback is good.

Ninjaman09
10-31-07, 11:15 AM
Gamepro gave it a 3/5 saying "The wait for Diablo 3 just got longer--Hellgate: London is one hellacious letdown!"

Pretty much what I expected...there really wasn't any way they could have made this game decent in the short time it was in beta to now.

'Course the damn link to their review is broken.

Namrok
10-31-07, 11:25 AM
I aught to have my copy tomorrow. Got a few bucks off at amazon with free shipping, plus I'm lazy, and the stores around here don't have it yet. I'll let you know what I think. I've been waiting for this game for so long, so hopefully its as good as I expect. Unlike most, I actually thought the demo was promising, albeit obviously a limiting demo.

Vasot02
10-31-07, 01:24 PM
Gamepro gave it a 3/5 saying "The wait for Diablo 3 just got longer--Hellgate: London is one hellacious letdown!"

Pretty much what I expected...there really wasn't any way they could have made this game decent in the short time it was in beta to now.

'Course the damn link to their review is broken.

From Hellgate GamePro review

You might get sucked into the online world of competing slayers and level grinding for a while, but the tedium will kill you far quicker than any member of Hell's vast.

SCORE 60 out of 100

Yep for some reason Gamepro has taken down the review

Phillychuck
10-31-07, 01:27 PM
I was getting excited for this game, but the "Subscription" thing bothers me. Either make a game free or charge for it, don't give confusing options. I mean, are you buying the content that is released while your paying the monthly bill or is the premium stuff only available while subscribed?

I already subscribe to an MMO for $15 a month and seem to switch around from game to game. Now they are trying to do this with hack and slash RPG's?

Planetside (pay to play FPS) didn't last for very long.

Sorta tired of everyone trying to milk me, my teets hurt.

Chuck

Namrok
10-31-07, 02:05 PM
I'll probably play through the single player, get a decent stable of characters going, and then decide if I need the additional content. No need to jump right in it without seeing if you NEED it first. It's sort of like the Oblivion DLC. Except subscription based.

Vasot02
10-31-07, 02:12 PM
NZGamer

Score 8.6 (Good)
"Brings nothing new to the table, but is decent enough."

http://www.nzgamer.com/hub-pc-reviews-559

Phillychuck
10-31-07, 03:14 PM
Going to grab it now, I can't resist having a newly released game I probably wont like :-) Will check back in a bit.

DRen72
10-31-07, 09:13 PM
I just picked it up on the way home along with Timeshift and installed it. At first I thought it looked the same as the demo. Menu said DX10 but it looked no different. However, when I quit and came back it looked a lot different. So take note...the DX10 stuff kicked in after a game restart. First thing I noticed was smoke and a huge hit in framerate. Type FPS in the games console and it shows the frame rate. Mine was around 15-25 (Outside) with all settings maxed out in DX10. That improved a little when I moved shaders to High instead of Extreme, but only by about 5-10 fps.

So, overall the first level in the retail game is the exact same as the demo and while the DX10 engine looks better, it really drops the frame rate. So far it may grow on me, but I'm going to have to rate Timeshift better for visuals and thats a DX9 engine game.

I get the feeling that this one could be tweaked for better performance in DX10 maybe with drivers.

Also...I game with the cursor keys for movement and typically assign the "/" key for jumping. However, the darn game insists on "/" being a console key instead of jump even after I assign it. Obvious and annoying bug for my style of play.

Phillychuck
10-31-07, 10:15 PM
Welcome to release day problems .. Hellgate web site is down for repairs and the MP game says servers are offline and consult the web site for information.

v3rninater
11-01-07, 12:01 AM
LOOVVVE this game, it plays great @ MAX graphics, except the antialiasing is off. When I'm playing at DX10 64bit @ 1920x1200, it plays reeeally well. Outside areas get a lil on the choppy side, but it still is very playable. Pretty damn good for a brand new game. It feels like wow a little bit, except a little more fast paced.

Anyhow, YAY, the new monitor I got is dang sweet too, 3ms 24" widescreen. The gloss finish on it makes it look like it's part of Vista's water-esk graphics.

I'd give this game about an 8.8-8.9, I just like it, pretty ez to get started and omg can you UPGRADE even better then NFS. I'm still using greens and I can get them like double what a green normally is stat-wise.

nrdstrm
11-01-07, 01:27 AM
I may still have to check this game out...After spending time with the Alpha, I didn't even bother with the Beta or Demo (which maybe I should have..)

a_big_burger
11-01-07, 03:39 AM
After hearing so many negative feedbacks on the demo, I decided to gamble and bought the full version from EA without trying the demo first. My gamble has beein giving me big paybacks and I love this game!!! DirectX10 graphic is nice, I like the story. The 1st 10-30 minutes could be very boring to many gamers .... The biggest complain so far from me is the game saving system. I can't save the game..... It has its own version of check point system ....

Badboy_12345
11-01-07, 03:48 AM
I just picked it up on the way home along with Timeshift and installed it. At first I thought it looked the same as the demo. Menu said DX10 but it looked no different. However, when I quit and came back it looked a lot different. So take note...the DX10 stuff kicked in after a game restart. First thing I noticed was smoke and a huge hit in framerate. Type FPS in the games console and it shows the frame rate. Mine was around 15-25 (Outside) with all settings maxed out in DX10. That improved a little when I moved shaders to High instead of Extreme, but only by about 5-10 fps.

So, overall the first level in the retail game is the exact same as the demo and while the DX10 engine looks better, it really drops the frame rate. So far it may grow on me, but I'm going to have to rate Timeshift better for visuals and thats a DX9 engine game.

I get the feeling that this one could be tweaked for better performance in DX10 maybe with drivers.

Also...I game with the cursor keys for movement and typically assign the "/" key for jumping. However, the darn game insists on "/" being a console key instead of jump even after I assign it. Obvious and annoying bug for my style of play.

did you get the new patch for it? they should have released patch 0...
It should fix the dx10 framerate amongs other big bugs in the game

EDIT: well it seems like the patch is only for multiplayer and they havent released a patch for singel player.. WTF?!
How can you just patch the multiplayer portion of the game

Phillychuck
11-01-07, 07:49 AM
What drivers are you using to play this game? I'm encountering a huge memory leak after and hour or so of playing Windows XP takes awhile to become responsive again. I have 2GB of RAM.

On another note, I am finding the game enjoyable however very easy so far. I'm a marksman engineer, I've died a few times to some bosses that pretty much trapped me into getting beat down. I'm level 8 now.

Chuck

PaiN
11-01-07, 07:57 AM
I'm having a blast playing Hellgate.... Its a totally fun game.
simple as that

DRen72
11-01-07, 09:02 AM
did you get the new patch for it? they should have released patch 0...
It should fix the dx10 framerate amongs other big bugs in the game

EDIT: well it seems like the patch is only for multiplayer and they havent released a patch for singel player.. WTF?!
How can you just patch the multiplayer portion of the gameI thought Patch "0" was for the beta and bumped it up to the retail code which we have in the box. ??

Badboy_12345
11-01-07, 09:36 AM
I thought Patch "0" was for the beta and bumped it up to the retail code which we have in the box. ??

nope
small parts of patch 0 was in the beta testserver not all of the fixes
the real patch 0 was released when the game came out in retail

as game discs are being mass-produced about 1 month before the game comes out they can never get the latest code in the box
So they had one more month to work on the patch and code

the developers always have the latest code the beta NEVER has the latest code. the beta code was about 1+ month old and testserver code was about 2-3 weeks old.

DRen72
11-01-07, 03:26 PM
Where is the patch? I can't seem to find any link to it plus the references I did find to it do not blatantly say its for the retail version. I must be overlooking something.

Badboy_12345
11-01-07, 03:41 PM
Where is the patch? I can't seem to find any link to it plus the references I did find to it do not blatantly say its for the retail version. I must be overlooking something.

the patch is only out for multiplayer.. and downloads when you login
The singel player patch will be out soon