PDA

View Full Version : Best powersupply :)

SOAD
10-31-07, 11:00 AM
My thermaltake purepower 680w is getting kinda noisy so I want to replace it. Do you know any good power supplys on this site?http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Components/cat/Power-Supplies

(im getting free postage + 10 off).

Am looking at between 100-150. May go slightly more though.

Criteria are:

+Quietness.
+Future proof
+Has to fit in a Antec P182Se

Being modular is also preferred :)

cheers

DiscipleDOC
10-31-07, 11:07 AM
My thermaltake purepower 680w is getting kinda noisy so I want to replace it. Do you know any good power supplys on this site?http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Components/cat/Power-Supplies

(im getting free postage + 10 off).

Am looking at between 100-150. May go slightly more though.

Criteria are:

+Quietness.
+Future proof
+Has to fit in a Antec P182Se

Being modular is also preferred :)

cheers
I got the 750 version of that, and It is very good. ;)

And btw....NOTHING is future proof. That what some people use to sell merchandise.

SOAD
10-31-07, 11:54 AM
I got the 750 version of that, and It is very good. ;)

And btw....NOTHING is future proof. That what some people use to sell merchandise.

I know that as well ;), id just expect it to last a year or two.

I brought my 680w in 2005 :D

Libertysyclone
10-31-07, 03:48 PM
I Just bought a 100% modular 600 watt Ultra X3 and I LOVE it.

Redeemed
10-31-07, 03:54 PM
PG&E.

So far they've powered everything I've thrown at 'em. THink I'll stick with 'em for a while. ;)

Monolyth
10-31-07, 05:02 PM
@Redeemed: You mean PC Power & Cooling?

I like my Corsair, but was a bit distraught with the recent 750W not being as tight as the previous offerings. I may go to Silverstone for my next system. PC Power & Cooling are too loud. :(

LORD-eX-Bu
10-31-07, 05:14 PM
@Redeemed: You mean PC Power & Cooling?

:rofl

no that one went way over your head. PG&E is a large energy corporation. Alot of people that don't live out west know it from the movie Erin Brokovich.

Monolyth
10-31-07, 05:26 PM
:rofl

no that one went way over your head. PG&E is a large energy corporation. Alot of people that don't live out west know it from the movie Erin Brokovich.

I understood he meant Pacific Gas & Electric, I thought he might have had a momentary lapse of reason, turns out he's just being a faptard. :D