PDA

View Full Version : Didn't TimeShift Ship? Anyone buy it?

Pages : [1] 2 3

SeriTonin
10-31-07, 01:25 PM
How is it? I see sites claiming to have it in stock and I know it was dueout yesterday.

Suprised no one has made a thread about it yet. Has Crysis truly hogged up all the spotlight ??? :headexplode:

conroejoe
10-31-07, 01:31 PM
How is it? I see sites claiming to have it in stock and I know it was dueout yesterday.

Suprised no one has made a thread about it yet. Has Crysis truly hogged up all the spotlight ??? :headexplode:

I've seen 30th and nov 2, so no idea, maybe it shipped to stores the 30th for public release 11/2.

Saintster
10-31-07, 03:31 PM
Mine is on it's way,just check the UPS website says out for delivery.

DRen72
10-31-07, 06:27 PM
I just picked it up on the way home along with Hellgate. Installing both shortly to have at least a little look before I get back to playing Jericho. I usually play one or two at a time.

kev13dd
10-31-07, 07:41 PM
Mine will be here tomorrow- I'm a bit worried about how all the reviews don't sound as positive as I'd hoped, but we'll see!

K

wrathofgod
10-31-07, 08:19 PM
Just picked it up. Would not start in Windows XP but ran fine in Vista (32 bit).

Haven't played enough to give any sort of review but it does run great with all in-game settings max'd out and 16xAF/4xAF. Runs around 70-85 fps it seems (was only able to play a minutes due to the Hallo-weeners). :P

Will get back to it in about 20 mins. :)

kev13dd
10-31-07, 08:59 PM
Just picked it up. Would not start in Windows XP but ran fine in Vista (32 bit).

Haven't played enough to give any sort of review but it does run great with all in-game settings max'd out and 16xAF/4xAF. Runs around 70-85 fps it seems (was only able to play a minutes due to the Hallo-weeners). :P

Will get back to it in about 20 mins. :)
You still running dual 7800GTX and AMD 64 4000+?

K

DRen72
10-31-07, 09:05 PM
Ok, it runs well on my current rig (AMD 4800+) with all in game settings to MAX. Graphically this game is very good. However, the story is a little weak so far. I watched the intro movie but I'm still confused a bit...but maybe I'm just slow today.

To be fair, its fun once you get the suit going and messing with the timeshifting thing. Weird, but in a way it feels a little like GOW which is a good thing. I like it.

Gaco
10-31-07, 09:07 PM
Two new dev interviews up on Gametrailers on timeshift. Highly entertaining stuff :D

Exclusive TimeShift Chronicles - Part One: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27157.html

Exclusive TimeShift Chronicles - Part Two: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27155.html

Also a new trailer (or some kind of noob/skilled/1337 characterisation :D) has just come out, great stuff also:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27310.html

wrathofgod
10-31-07, 09:55 PM
You still running dual 7800GTX and AMD 64 4000+?

K

No, guess I haven't updated my profile lately. My new specs. are below:

8800 GTX
AMD 4200+ @ 3.0 ghz

$n][pErMan
11-01-07, 12:44 AM
I saw a commercial for it on TV... looked sweet. I'll wait and see what you guys say here about it though before I pick one up :)

mythy
11-01-07, 01:25 AM
The demo sucked!:thumbdwn:

Saintster
11-01-07, 01:57 AM
I just started playing it. I like it a lot it's a good game.

conroejoe
11-01-07, 10:26 AM
This game is amazing. tried under Vista 64 and XP worked fine in both. XP is about 10 fps faster across the board. Vista 64 fraps timedemo was 94 FPS, XP fraps timedemo was 105 FPS. Using 169.04 on both OSes.

The demo was great fun, so many ways to kill people. People that thought the demo sucked never understood how to manipulate time properly. Freezing time and grabbing an enemies gun or slowing it down and capping 3 guys at once was just cool. Also, rewinding time and sneaking past someone to bash them from behind was great too.

It looks great, performs great and so far doesn't even need AA. I'm really happy with Timeshift.

Talon
11-01-07, 10:33 AM
Cool, I really enjoyed the demo plus it looks and runs amazingly well.

Gaco
11-01-07, 01:28 PM
Two more of those "FPS Differently" Timeshift videos:

Part 2: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27336.html

Part 3: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27338.html

8900gt
11-01-07, 01:41 PM
http://www.chiphell.com/viewthread.php?tid=11551&extra=page%3D1

SH64
11-01-07, 04:04 PM
Patch 1.1 out!

* Fixed preview picture of character model showing all of the models at the same time
* Fixed multiplayer issue when switching Surge gun with another weapon
* Fixed grid-like artifacts when Distortion Effects and DOF set to On at 1920x1080 resolution
* Fixed multiplayer issue where player can be inside the cargo containers
* Fixed a multiplayer bug that allows infinite grenades
* Fixed clipping issue in the sentry room on level 1
* Fixed a crash after quick load on level 2
* Fixed a maphole in multiplayer Map 13
* Fixed Time Shield distortion effect
* Improved multiplayer performance
* Fixed some localization strings
* Fixed ZF2 nonprogression at start position
* Fixed King of Time incorrect timer bug
* Fixed some UI issues
* Fixed memory leaks
* Fixed multiplayer issue where last player goes to spectator when failed to join full server
* Fixes and improvements to network driver
* Fixed alt-tab crash in multiplayer
* Visual improvements to the grass
* Fixed video setting issue

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=47287&mode=thread&order=0

Tygerwoody
11-01-07, 04:39 PM
too many good games out to be bothered to buy timeshift.

Fats_43
11-01-07, 04:49 PM
The demo sucked!:thumbdwn:

The demo was awesome, graphics are great IMO and game is fun.

Soooo much better than last time they tried to release this game.

You don't know WTH your talking about.

mythy
11-01-07, 05:19 PM
riiight I must just be a idiot just like the other 75% of the world that thinks the demo sucked! :rolleyes:

kev13dd
11-01-07, 05:45 PM
Playing it now! At least, I tried- the first time it loaded the screen froze on the loading screen and the game kept playing without me. The audio was cool though

Updating drivers...

K

Burner_Tbird2
11-01-07, 05:50 PM
I agree- the demo sucked. But I think that's because it was an intro level where using time powers was barely necessary. I'm thinking the full game will be more engaging. I'll find out if I know what I'm talking about tonight when I pick up the game. ;)

Focca
11-02-07, 07:40 AM
I agree- the demo sucked. But I think that's because it was an intro level where using time powers was barely necessary. I'm thinking the full game will be more engaging. I'll find out if I know what I'm talking about tonight when I pick up the game. ;)

I think this game is brilliant, lots going on, plenty of baddies, plenty of walls being blown apart by gunfire, i love pausing time dropping a grenade at someones feet then unpausing time, ragdoll physices are dam funny, some people get launched 5-60 ft by a grenade lol. Im very happy with this fast paced action shooter, graphics are also very impressive. I agree the demo sucked but the full game is very good so far.
Only thing that pisses me off is the 360 wireless controller doesnt work with this game

DRen72
11-02-07, 08:54 AM
I finished up playing Jericho last evening and I think I will play this one next instead of Hellgate. I "tested" the first level and it looks and runs great and seems like it won't be any longer than Jericho was adn it was about the right length. I have a feeling Hellgate will be way longer.