PDA

View Full Version : No Sound on Creative X-Fi when installed on Asus Maximus Formula SE?

Digital_Trans
11-01-07, 12:01 AM
I'm not getting any sound from my Creative X-Fi when installed on Asus Maximus Formula SE? Has anyone ran into this problem?

crainger
11-01-07, 12:04 AM
No.

Is it in properly?

Driver installed?

Cables plugged in?

Were you too rough and broke it?

:D

Digital_Trans
11-01-07, 12:10 AM
No, I'll double check everything.....:headexplode:

crainger
11-01-07, 12:12 AM
Good Boy.

Digital_Trans
11-01-07, 12:22 AM
Good Boy.

LOL! I'll redo the entire configuration tomorrow and see what I get.
Question? Do you know when Ageia will release a 16X PCI-Express Ageia Physics card?

mythy
11-01-07, 12:23 AM
I have found a quick and easy way to fix X-Fi issues!

First remove it from your PC but make sure all the cables are detached first! Second, if you haven't all ready shut off your PC now would be a good time to do it! Third, you will need to lay it on the ground and stop on it at least twice! (very important!!!) And finally Forth,Call Creative and request a RMA :D

Digital_Trans
11-01-07, 12:25 AM
I have found a quick and easy way to fix X-Fi issues!

First remove it from your PC but make sure all the cables are detached first! Second, if you haven't all ready shut off your PC now would be a good time to do it! Third, you will need to lay it on the ground and stop on it at least twice! (very important!!!) And finally Forth,Call Creative and request a RMA :D

LOL I won't be doing that anytime soon......

kam03
11-01-07, 05:33 AM
LOL I won't be doing that anytime soon......

Just make sure the power cable is connected to the front panel and not on the sound card.

Digital_Trans
11-01-07, 09:54 PM
Well folks, I did the following and I still have no sound!

I uninstalled the Creative X-Fi Vsita x64 drivers.

I uninstalled the video card by hand

I reinstalled the video card

I reinstalled the latest Creative X-Fi drivers and I still have no sound!

Digital_Trans
11-01-07, 10:26 PM
Okay, got it fixed. I had to adjust the audio settings on my Logitech Z-5500 Series audio system!!!!! LOL!!! (nana2)

mythy
11-01-07, 10:26 PM
reinstall vista it solved my issues ;) I know it sucks but it works :o

Digital_Trans
11-01-07, 11:31 PM
reinstall vista it solved my issues ;) I know it sucks but it works :o

I didn't even have to do that. Say, check out this Asus sound card if you really want to use something else other then Creative's product line..
url: http://www.directron.com/xonard2pm.html

rudedog
11-02-07, 03:32 PM
I just received this MB yesterday and will be installing it when my new Quad comes in next week.

I was wondering how the on-board sound, via their exp. card compares to the X-FI.

I keep getting pulled back to creative time and time again. I wish Turtle Beach was still around.....

So would the new ASUS sound card that comes with this MB be at least close to the X-Fi? I don't do anything special in regards to sound.

Buckeye
11-02-07, 10:07 PM
That ASUS card looks pretty nice.

I have used the sound cards that come with the Strike and Maximus, also tried my Fatal1ty X-FI XtremeGamer when they came out with the new drivers.

On the Striker I liked the Fatal1ty better than the one that came with the MB.

Haven't tried the Fatal1ty on the Maximus yet. The sound card that comes with the MB just seems a bit wierd to me, not sure why.

Digital_Trans
11-03-07, 07:37 AM
I just received this MB yesterday and will be installing it when my new Quad comes in next week.

I was wondering how the on-board sound, via their exp. card compares to the X-FI.

I keep getting pulled back to creative time and time again. I wish Turtle Beach was still around.....

So would the new ASUS sound card that comes with this MB be at least close to the X-Fi? I don't do anything special in regards to sound.

Put short, No