PDA

View Full Version : Screen blinks for less than a second randomly and once in a while in clone mode.

ant
11-01-07, 11:09 AM
Hello!

Is anyone else getting the annoying screen flash/blink on display #1 (19" Samsung LCD monitor) or just me? I do not get them on my secondary display (analog CRT TV). I noticed this with the last two beta drivers (v169.01 and v169.04; upgraded over others without uninstalls -- will try uninstall and reinstall if others don't have this problem) in Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates). If I use single display, then I don't get them.

Thank you in advance. :)

FlyingHorse
11-01-07, 12:05 PM
I've had a similar problem but with me it is always display #2 which is my TV connected via S-Video. Had it under XP 32-bit, Vista 32-bit, and now under Vista x64.

Just happens randomly, for a split second the TV goes black while using Media Center. If I am recording a show and it happens the screen blink doesn't show up on the recording.

The last time I ran XP I was using 163.44. Currently I am using 163.75 on Vista x64.

Oh, and when I use the TV as a preview monitor under Adobe Premiere it never happens... go figure.

ant
11-01-07, 01:33 PM
I've had a similar problem but with me it is always display #2 which is my TV connected via S-Video. Had it under XP 32-bit, Vista 32-bit, and now under Vista x64.

Just happens randomly, for a split second the TV goes black while using Media Center. If I am recording a show and it happens the screen blink doesn't show up on the recording.

The last time I ran XP I was using 163.44. Currently I am using 163.75 on Vista x64.

Oh, and when I use the TV as a preview monitor under Adobe Premiere it never happens... go figure.Interesting. I can understand the need to blink when changing stuff like showing videos on TV or setting it up, but using desktop and just surfing the Web shouldn't cause that.

dxx
11-02-07, 10:19 AM
It does the same thing for me, too. I assumed it was the monitor that was failing, but having read this, I guess not.

I've an 8600GT with one HannsG 19" widescreen TFT at 1440*900 and an Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400 17" CRT at 1152*864, if anyone's interested. The blinking occurs quite regularly under WinXP, but I don't remember seeing it at all since installing Vista 64bit with the 169.01s. I'll update this if I do see it happen.

ant
11-02-07, 11:11 AM
It does the same thing for me, too. I assumed it was the monitor that was failing, but having read this, I guess not.

I've an 8600GT with one HannsG 19" widescreen TFT at 1440*900 and an Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400 17" CRT at 1152*864, if anyone's interested. The blinking occurs quite regularly under WinXP, but I don't remember seeing it at all since installing Vista 64bit with the 169.01s. I'll update this if I do see it happen.Did you have this problem with the older versions? Or just the recent ones, betas especially?

dxx
11-04-07, 01:37 PM
Did you have this problem with the older versions? Or just the recent ones, betas especially?

I've only been running two monitors since moving to Edinburgh a couple of months ago, and it's been doing the same thing all this time with all the driver sets I've tried, which have all been the latest Betas.

To be honest, I'm not particularly bothered by it - be it a hardware or a software fault, it'll serve neatly as an excuse for an RMA and a 50 upgrade to an 8800GT.

Edit: Oh, and I meant to say, it blinked again under Vista64, ruling OS and driver set out.

smoky
11-04-07, 09:01 PM
CAn you try another card from a friend to see what happens ? ;)