PDA

View Full Version : Console commands for CS:S...

Redeemed
11-01-07, 03:43 PM
Hey, I'm hosting a CS:S game at a friends house, and we're trying to play the surf maps. But I can't figure out how to change the gravity for the maps in the game.

Any tips you guys can give me? Might I be missing something?

TIA.

:D

Redeemed
11-01-07, 06:28 PM
So, nobody knows anything about this? Am I even able to do it? Do I have to have a dedicated server in order for that to work?

Banko
11-01-07, 06:47 PM
Google

crainger
11-01-07, 07:06 PM
wats the command for godmode. I wanna hop online n pwn sum noobs.

crainger
11-01-07, 07:18 PM
thnx

supra
11-01-07, 07:21 PM
sv_gravity

3DBrad
11-01-07, 07:28 PM
Also, remember the console as a function where it has the option to "auto complete," basically you can type a letter or letters, and see how many commands fall in that category.

For example, type in "sv" and you'll see a list of all the "sv" commands.

"impulse 101" is give all weapons (after cheats are enabled via sv cheats 1)

noclip is of course, no clipping mode

Type "p" and scroll down to find the option for physics/friction, which can be really fun (when stuff is flying all around the map), etc.

:)

K007
11-01-07, 08:45 PM
f10

Redeemed
11-02-07, 02:12 AM
Thanks guys. So, spadouzo, that'll work even if I'm not running a dedicated server? I'm going to try it out now on one of the surf maps, and I'll just have bots in it.

Thanks again ya'll. :D

Redeemed
11-02-07, 02:26 AM
Also, remember the console as a function where it has the option to "auto complete," basically you can type a letter or letters, and see how many commands fall in that category.

For example, type in "sv" and you'll see a list of all the "sv" commands.

"impulse 101" is give all weapons (after cheats are enabled via sv cheats 1)

noclip is of course, no clipping mode

Type "p" and scroll down to find the option for physics/friction, which can be really fun (when stuff is flying all around the map), etc.

:)

Not quite doing what I wanted it to do. The map we were playing was surf_greatriver. Before, when playing it on the surf server when you dropped down on the "surf" it actually accelerated you so you could "surf". Can't seem to get that same effect to work. I thought it was just the gravity, but it appears to be something else.

Anybody have any ideas as to what it might be? Again, TIA. :D

K007
11-02-07, 03:32 AM
i give people a ten minute ban (after a warning) on the server where i am admin if they recomment f10.

Great...who plays on ure server anyway O.o.

3DBrad
11-02-07, 10:07 AM
I think it's the friction settings that allow you to do that.

In the editor you can also change the friction of a surface. :)

Redeemed
11-02-07, 02:46 PM
I think it's the friction settings that allow you to do that.

In the editor you can also change the friction of a surface. :)

Editor?

I tried messing with the friction, gravity, anything I could find that might relate to that.

No go. Maybe it was the friction of that specific surface.

I still have no idea where the editor is... :(