PDA

View Full Version : Wow ETQW patch = insane performance?

Gaco
11-02-07, 01:44 PM
Ok I'm not 100% sure how many FPS I got before the patch but it sure as well wasn't a constant more than 100 FPS! But I've just noticed that I haven't applied the cfg tweak to unlock the FPS from 30 yet, how can FRAPS show so much more? Look at the FPS counter on this screenshot:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2899/etqw2007110218342438qc2.th.jpg (http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=etqw2007110218342438qc2.jpg)
- And that is even in the low end, most of the time it's somewhere between 120 and 180 :D
Did anyone else notice a dramatic performance increase or is ETQW just screwing with FRAPS?

And how do you lock the FPS at 60 FPS?

methimpikehoses
11-02-07, 01:57 PM
Mine's usually at 59-61... never seen it go that high. :D

Gaco
11-02-07, 02:37 PM
I restarting the game after realizig that the tweaks were on and I can definently feel it now. FFS I'm having more than 100 FPS constantly weras before it was between 30 and 60 all the time! This is great! methimpikehoses have you tried after the new patch?

turdhat
11-02-07, 05:51 PM
Your v-sync must me off. That or your monitor supports very high refresh rates. With vsync off you can stare at the ground and watch it hit like 200 fps however you will get tearing which sux. I would make sure vsync is on man because as long as you are above 55 the game is smooth. What sux is when you get in a vehicle it locks at 30.. Is there a way to fix that ?

methimpikehoses
11-02-07, 06:01 PM
I restarting the game after realizig that the tweaks were on and I can definently feel it now. FFS I'm having more than 100 FPS constantly weras before it was between 30 and 60 all the time! This is great! methimpikehoses have you tried after the new patch?

Yeah, I have the patch. I guess my vsync is on... I would have remembered >75fps.

I play at 1920x1200 with 4AA/16AF and everything on highest settings.

Gaco
11-03-07, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I have the patch. I guess my vsync is on... I would have remembered >75fps.

I play at 1920x1200 with 4AA/16AF and everything on highest settings.

Ok. Well I'm probably gonna enable vSync from now on if it still feels smooth, but I'm pretty sure that ETQW got a nice performance boost in the new patch. Makes the game much more playable now, before I played a lot more TF2 because it is so infinitely smooth :)

The thing is I didn't notice it right away also because vSync was off, animations was locked at 30 FPS and I must admit it didn't feel like >100 FPS. It feels like 40 FPS so it's good overall (locked 30 FPS in this game feels like 25 FPS or something of that sort IMO). Do you use FRAPS regularily? Maybe your FPS went up too ;)

methimpikehoses
11-03-07, 10:41 AM
Ok. Well I'm probably gonna enable vSync from now on if it still feels smooth, but I'm pretty sure that ETQW got a nice performance boost in the new patch. Makes the game much more playable now, before I played a lot more TF2 because it is so infinitely smooth :)

The thing is I didn't notice it right away also because vSync was off, animations was locked at 30 FPS and I must admit it didn't feel like >100 FPS. It feels like 40 FPS so it's good overall (locked 30 FPS in this game feels like 25 FPS or something of that sort IMO). Do you use FRAPS regularily? Maybe your FPS went up too ;)

No I don't use fraps a whole lot, but even with vsync off, it never gets above 70 for me. Are you playing at 600x800? LOL

I think the patch did boost performance somewhat... and it is supposed to enable quad support, though I haven't noticed much of a difference.

Gaco
11-03-07, 10:42 AM
No I don't use fraps a whole lot, but even with vsync off, it never gets above 70 for me. Are you playing at 600x800? LOL

I think the patch did boost performance somewhat... and it is supposed to enable quad support, though I haven't noticed much of a difference.
I always play in 1680*1050, my monitors native ;)

Well I can see and feel a difference so I'm just happy. Thought you guys might wanna know :)

ClosetFanBoy
11-03-07, 06:54 PM
I havent compared my before and after fps, but I have noticed a performance increase. Nothing as major as yours, but hey, I'll take it! ;)