PDA

View Full Version : My bloody pc :(

SOAD
11-04-07, 07:55 AM
After 3 people asked me to do some jobs for them, i buggered off to my pc. Upon entering the door I found that the pc was off :(

It refused to boot (hell even put ANYTHING on the screen) and on the LCD code screen it gave me the numbers 7F which relates to post or something.

I replaced the GPU to no avail and replaced the ram wiht 2 different sets. No luck. :(

I then left ONE stick of Crucial Ballistix in but it gave the error code C1.

I have reset the bios etc but to no avail.

Can anyone help me? Im absolutly desperate. Ive tried light booting (eg I took out the wireless card, xfi, dvd drives etc but no luck.

System specs

e6420
evga 680i
8800gtx bfg
crucial ballistix 667 2x1gb
thermaltake purepower 680w

My main prob is that evga has sent UPS to collect my OLD evga 680i motherboard tomorrow and has offered to take both.

Has anyone had this problem? Cheers

tacos4me
11-04-07, 08:04 AM
High voltage Micron D9 + 680i = fried memory. You're not the first and won't be the last this has happened to. There's really nothing you can do besides RMAing your board and memory. Lower your memory voltage next time.

SOAD
11-04-07, 09:40 AM
High voltage Micron D9 + 680i = fried memory. You're not the first and won't be the last this has happened to. There's really nothing you can do besides RMAing your board and memory. Lower your memory voltage next time.

****!

Bloody new board :(

But I reset the CMOS and used different ram in different slots.

NOW im pissed :( I have loads of things to do :(