PDA

View Full Version : 680i headed my way "A1"

Pages : [1] 2 3

mythy
11-04-07, 08:07 PM
Yep I folded guys and switched from a QuadGT to a 680i. I just hope that it wont hold my Q6600 back or die 3 days latter :p I'm not expecting any performance gains but I am looking forward to a unlinked buss and SLI options :cool:

mythy
11-06-07, 02:20 PM
ok I got 1 day to go. I have been reading up about OCing this beast and they mention that the SSP does not need extra voltage.. Is that true?

DiscipleDOC
11-06-07, 02:26 PM
Which 680i are you getting?

mythy
11-06-07, 02:56 PM
The only one you should get when you have a quad core ;) All the other motherboards have a limiting flaw in there voltage regulators that cant provide enough current to do High OCing on the FSB so most other users are limited to 3GHz or 333x4 fsb ;)

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188013

mythy
11-07-07, 06:41 PM
OMFG!!!!!!! :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

Ok to start! The mother board has a large capacitor on the back of the MB right where my thermalrights back plate mounts! (fixed with a drill)

Second issue, My multiplier was being forced from 9X to 6!!! WTF?!?!?!? (fixed with bios update)

Third issue was my PC constantly crashing to a BSD that said "Hardware Failure" ?!?!?!!? (fixed by disabling bios shadowing)

Forth issue is software such as Ntunes monitor that wont run!?!?!

5th issue Crysis no longer will run it fails to load!!!!! :headexplode:

6th issue! On board fan controller is ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** YOU YOU ****ING ASS HOLES AT NVIDIA!!!!!! :rw:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAY AWAY FROM 680i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feyy
11-07-07, 07:08 PM
It's moments like these where i cherish my BadAxe2 so heartfully.
Gotta love Intel stability and reliability :super:

mythy
11-07-07, 07:15 PM
AND THE FING POWER REGULATORS FOR THE CPUARE HUMMING LOUDLY!!!!!!!!!!:headexplode:

DiscipleDOC
11-07-07, 07:53 PM
I just read some of the comments on newegg's site....this does not look like the type of board that I would want to have....

hell_of_doom227
11-07-07, 07:55 PM
I got XFX 680i and overclocks q6600, very stable board. Also, it needs BIOS update...which is easy to do cause they provide 32 and 64bit version of WinFlash.

mythy
11-07-07, 08:03 PM
this board odes OC well it just is a piece of ****

Slash310
11-07-07, 08:04 PM
I just read some of the comments on newegg's site....this does not look like the type of board that I would want to have....
thats why i went with the striker extreme, the A1 was the first MB i got but when i opened it, it wasnt working. so i got a new one sent to me and but the striker instead and right now i have the A1 board under my bed, brand new collecting dust. hopefully ill be able to use that board in the near future if i build another pc or if by any chance my asus board goes out. ill have an extra MB

methimpikehoses
11-07-07, 08:05 PM
nTune is as useful as my nipples are.

Good luck dude!

LORD-eX-Bu
11-07-07, 09:56 PM
I was gonna tell you to stay away from it but meh, you seemed like you had your heart set on it :rofl

mines works fine. Did you reinstall your OS? What chipset were you using before?

you went from an intel chipset to a nvidia chipset without a fresh install of windows? :wtf:

buffbiff21
11-07-07, 09:58 PM
Just pray it doesn't take a sh!t on you.

The biggest turn off to me was the noise of the northrbidge fan. Obscene volume levels for a 40mm fan.

mythy
11-07-07, 11:35 PM
No I did a reinstall and yea that fan is driving me crazy wtf did you do about it?!?!?!

I just redid my case and stuck 2 120's on my thermalright ultra and I redid the layout as well.

But I keep getting a Blue screen of death but not a windows one. It says says

******Hardware failure

Contact system administrator

System Halted*******

I think that thats generated by the mother board! Ideas?

methimpikehoses
11-08-07, 12:01 AM
No I did a reinstall and yea that fan is driving me crazy wtf did you do about it?!?!?!

I just redid my case and stuck 2 120's on my thermalright ultra and I redid the layout as well.

But I keep getting a Blue screen of death but not a windows one. It says says

******Hardware failure

Contact system administrator

System Halted*******

Maybe the BIOS is loading the wrong RAM voltage???

LORD-eX-Bu
11-08-07, 12:03 AM
probably a defective motherboard... I would RMA that trash :)

mythy
11-08-07, 12:07 AM
ha, I sold my QuadGT so I would be PC less for a few weeks and that cant happen. Unless I can get EVGA to ship me one first :p

mythy
11-08-07, 12:09 AM
Oh and I just scores 9812 in PCmark05 :D My P965 only gave me 8500 some thing :rolleyes: So I do like the chip set I just wish it didn't have all these issues

LORD-eX-Bu
11-08-07, 12:18 AM
EVGA does cross ship, took two days to get my replacement board from CA to FL... have you registered your board? You have 30 days to do so in order for you to retain your lifetime warranty by the way.

mythy
11-08-07, 12:20 AM
Hey thanks for the heads up on that!!! :o I figured I'd just put it off...

mythy
11-09-07, 03:06 PM
Ok 3Hz stable and a bit faster then my P96 5actualy acordingto PC mark 14% faster but I have new ram to OCZ SLI 8500 :D

Legend
11-09-07, 03:22 PM
OMFG!!!!!!! :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

Ok to start! The mother board has a large capacitor on the back of the MB right where my thermalrights back plate mounts! (fixed with a drill)

Second issue, My multiplier was being forced from 9X to 6!!! WTF?!?!?!? (fixed with bios update)

Third issue was my PC constantly crashing to a BSD that said "Hardware Failure" ?!?!?!!? (fixed by disabling bios shadowing)

Forth issue is software such as Ntunes monitor that wont run!?!?!

5th issue Crysis no longer will run it fails to load!!!!! :headexplode:

6th issue! On board fan controller is ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** YOU YOU ****ING ASS HOLES AT NVIDIA!!!!!! :rw:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAY AWAY FROM 680i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO! I was just about to tell you good luck with the POS 680I CHIPSET!

Legend
11-09-07, 03:23 PM
It's moments like these where i cherish my BadAxe2 so heartfully.
Gotta love Intel stability and reliability :super:

Yep and my Asus P5b deluxe which has been awesome for a long while now and will remain an awesome board since it is compatible with the new 45nm quads.;)

Legend
11-09-07, 03:26 PM

Yeah here is an Idea. RIP that POS board out and replace it with a reliable Intel Chipset. Forget about SLI, it isnt worth it dude, it isnt worth it at all.

I have been there and done that as well as a few friends of mine. After many set backs and long nights of pulling out our hair and cursing up a storm we finally came to our senses and are on intel chipsets.