PDA

View Full Version : Does overclocking void warranty?

ryan29121
11-05-07, 08:25 AM
I keep hearing that overclocking voids the factory warranty which concerns me because EVGA has a lifetime warranty with their cards. Can the company even tell if it has been overclocked or not?

Madpistol
11-05-07, 08:36 AM
Unless you overclock it so much that it physically damages the card, they can't tell if you OC it or not. I don't think it does void the warranty with EVGA though. Just don't damage the card, and you should be fine.

Crow_Nest
11-05-07, 09:50 AM
The warranty is void if they find out that you cooked your GPU due to overclocking. Same goes for any other hardware. However if it should ever happen, just dont let them know. o.O

KickAssCop
11-05-07, 10:08 AM
Only eVGA covers overclocking in their warranties. In all other cases you void warranty when you overclock the card but they can't actually tell if you overclocked the card or not as far as I know.

ryan29121
11-05-07, 12:55 PM
thanks for the help. Ill probably go with an EVGA card bc of thier nice warranty and their Step-Up Program they offer.

ATOJAR
11-05-07, 06:09 PM
Ive oftern wondered if they can actually tell if you have overclocked the card or not!

What would happen if say for example i flashed my cards bios, the card fryed and would no longer boot and the card died while the bios was flashed, if the card was RMA's could they tell? even though the card dont boot\work?

Could they tell i had flashed the bios even tho the card dont even work?

$n][pErMan
11-05-07, 06:10 PM
You can overclock with eVGA all you want and not void it.... as long as you never touch the voltage. I think? lol

Phreakshow
11-05-07, 07:00 PM
Its my understanding as long as you dont "Physically" (IE scratch the board break it in some way) damage the card there warranty covers it 100%. I only buy EVGA. I dont care if there is a similar product for a little cheaper. There Warranty and tech support is tops in my book.