PDA

View Full Version : asus P5B deluxe-new bios 1221

wildman92
11-05-07, 10:11 AM
The title says it all:) , not much info on it.
I'll be Brave and try it:captnkill:
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20071105160056937&board_id=1&model=P5B+Deluxe%2fWiFi-AP&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

XDanger
11-05-07, 10:22 AM
tell us how it goes :D

wildman92
11-05-07, 10:33 AM
Well, I'm back into windows so thats a good sign!

Eliminator
11-05-07, 11:47 AM
im still on 0804... havent had any issues... so the saying goes dont fix it if it aint broke ;)

mullet
11-05-07, 01:15 PM
BETA BIOS.

stevemedes
11-05-07, 01:35 PM
Just wow... I just flashed the 1216.. Then I noticed the 1219, flashed that... Now this... Grrrrrrrrrrrr...

$n][pErMan
11-05-07, 06:05 PM
Just wow... I just flashed the 1216.. Then I noticed the 1219, flashed that... Now this... Grrrrrrrrrrrr...
lol... anymore BIOS flashing as become as common as installing new drivers for me. I love this motherboard though (also great BIOS support)... any BIOS above 1212 for this motherboard supports the new 45nm CPU's coming out! :D

stevemedes
11-06-07, 10:19 AM
[pErMan']lol... anymore BIOS flashing as become as common as installing new drivers for me. I love this motherboard though (also great BIOS support)... any BIOS above 1212 for this motherboard supports the new 45nm CPU's coming out! :D

Yeah I love this mobo as well. I plan on keeping it for awhile, will probably be popping in a 45nm CPU when I can afford one. Only thing I don't like about it is the double restart issue when you cold boot.

I flashed the new BIOS, working fine here, don't notice any change really...

$n][pErMan
11-06-07, 06:17 PM
Yeah I love this mobo as well. I plan on keeping it for awhile, will probably be popping in a 45nm CPU when I can afford one. Only thing I don't like about it is the double restart issue when you cold boot.

I flashed the new BIOS, working fine here, don't notice any change really...
Thats there as an overclock check I believe. Back when I had my E6600 I took the CPU a little to far, on most motherboards that would require a reset of the CMOS using a jumper, what happened is on the "double restart" it detected it as an unstable OC and posted with the defualt CPU settings :) Also, are you calling it double or does it really do it twice for you on a cold boot? Mine will start, turn off for like a second and then begin to post. It also only does this if I turn off power to the motherboard, never if I shutdown without turning off the motherboard power with a switch. Overall, this is probably one of the best motherboards I have ever owned :)

stevemedes
11-06-07, 06:33 PM
[pErMan']Thats there as an overclock check I believe. Back when I had my E6600 I took the CPU a little to far, on most motherboards that would require a reset of the CMOS using a jumper, what happened is on the "double restart" it detected it as an unstable OC and posted with the defualt CPU settings :) Also, are you calling it double or does it really do it twice for you on a cold boot? Mine will start, turn off for like a second and then begin to post. It also only does this if I turn off power to the motherboard, never if I shutdown without turning off the motherboard power with a switch. Overall, this is probably one of the best motherboards I have ever owned :)

yeah thats exactly what happens, it starts for a second, then turns off, then starts up normally. as you said, it only happens after unplugging the power supply and plugging it back in again. still a great board, looking forward to plunking a 45nm quad in it! :)

$n][pErMan
11-06-07, 07:11 PM
yeah thats exactly what happens, it starts for a second, then turns off, then starts up normally. as you said, it only happens after unplugging the power supply and plugging it back in again. still a great board, looking forward to plunking a 45nm quad in it! :)
Yup, thats normal, its supposed to do that. :) Its how you reset after a bad OC... a great feature if you ask me ;) Sure beats opening the case and moving a damn jumper :p Like you, I was happy to find out I will not have to dump more money into a new motherboard when the 45nm's come out. Whats great is this is like the first motherboard I have had in a long time where I am able to acctually do a meaningfull upgrade of CPU's on it and have it still be one of the best motherboards around :D Went from an E6600 to Q6600 and will probably get a 45nm in it before I end up having to move on!

lucida
11-06-07, 08:34 PM
This happened on *every* reboot, regardless cold or warm before..ASUS released some bios update and fixed it. So now this only happens on first boot and after OC in BIOS. This is quite reasonable and can definitely live with.

Considering lots of P35/965 MBs still suffer from it, i.e., dual-cold-boot on every reboot unless they lower the FSB. I have to say, this is a pro instead of con for P5B-Deluxe.

stevemedes
11-23-07, 12:43 PM
Asus has released a new BIOS version for the P5B-D, 1223. I flashed to it from 1221 and my overclock became unstable. I had to dig for the 2.07 version of AFUDOS to flash back to 1221. Anyone else try the 1223?

GeeeEighty
11-23-07, 12:53 PM
[pErMan'] Went from an E6600 to Q6600 and will probably get a 45nm in it before I end up having to move on!

I wouldnt waste my $$$ on the 45nm's myself if you already have a G0 Q6600. Im just gonna wait until the next big thing from intel.

XDanger
11-23-07, 01:05 PM
Are there any bios that mend not being able to set legacy usb without it being unable to load windows?

stevemedes
11-23-07, 01:40 PM
Are there any bios that mend not being able to set legacy usb without it being unable to load windows?

When you set legacy usb to enabled in the BIOS you can't boot into Windows? That's weird, I never had that problem.

stevemedes
12-05-07, 04:15 PM
They released a new one, 1226. Seriously screwed up, overclock isnt stable and when i got into windows my X-fi disappeared from the device manager... Anyways, thought i'd let you fellow P5Bers know. 1221 still best for me.

wildman92
12-05-07, 08:09 PM
I'm still on 1221 also, oc's well and stable.

XDanger
12-07-07, 02:00 PM
When you set legacy usb to enabled in the BIOS you can't boot into Windows? That's weird, I never had that problem.

If I set it enabled windows (either flavor) stops at the swipes ,I have to reset and it loads fine.

Doesn't matter at all, I have no usb 1.0 devices but it is strange.