PDA

View Full Version : Who hasn't Pre-Ordered to play on the 14th?

MaXThReAT
11-05-07, 03:08 PM
So who hasn't fallen in to the purchase of the Pre-Order digital DL? I haven't thought for a sec that everything hasn't gone exactly to plan yet with Crysis. SP Demo delayed, a day, O but if you pre-order you can play it when you were planning. There wasn't anyway I was passing it up. No way I can pass up playing the full version 2 days ahead of the shelf release either. I wonder how much they will save on all the digital DL's, there's ganna be allot. Who wants to bet EA downloader will go on the fritz on the 14th :D.
So how many of you are actually holding out till the 16th for a box? You know when all the shots start rolling in your ganna kick yourself for not pre-ordering. This is the first I've pre-ordered in years but Iíll still pick up a hard copy later just to have it.
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4114/123654lt4.th.jpg (http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=123654lt4.jpg)

JasonPC
11-05-07, 03:11 PM
Well EA said that it may actually appear in stores before the 16th and it doesn't sound like they are going to force stores to wait to sell it until the 16th... But who knows.

grey_1
11-05-07, 03:14 PM
Me.

I'll get it for $20 less within a week of launch.

SeriTonin
11-05-07, 03:23 PM
Nov. 16th is a friday, never seen a game ship on a friday, Im guessing it's coming out the tues before or after Nov. 16th, regardless, I can wait. More than enough gaming to keep me happy and most importantly, I need the box and manual to show off my purchase - the biggest downfall to virtual purchases...no cool case to show off next to the rig while you play.

SeriTonin
11-05-07, 03:24 PM
Me.

I'll get it for $20 less within a week of launch.

Circuit City for teh win. :D

grey_1
11-05-07, 04:27 PM
Circuit City for teh win. :D
Heck yeah! :D

They start out right on launch day with at least a $10 off sale. My kind of store.

Destroy
11-05-07, 05:03 PM
The launch day is the 16th. Being such a huge title I doubt EA would let the rules slide and let it out earlier.

ralinn
11-05-07, 05:06 PM
Hmm, I booked a week off of work in that week. I better pre-order it because I doubt I'm gonna be arse to go outside in my underwear. ;)

JasonPC
11-05-07, 05:13 PM
Actually I think it was Cevat from Crytek who said it could be in stores earlier than the 16th and he didn't act like they will hold it until then. To me it sounds like it should be shipping on the 14th or 15th and hopefully in stores by the 16th, but may arrive earlier. For a while I think gamestop was showing 14th as the ship date.

Lfctony
11-05-07, 05:19 PM
Me. Getting it retail on the 16th. No digital downloads here, just Steam ones. And Crysis isn't on Steam...

six_storm
11-05-07, 05:19 PM
I'll be getting a hard copy of Crysis. There's no way I'm downloading a game like that lol.

MaXThReAT
11-05-07, 07:20 PM
I agree, normally there would be no way I would DL a game like this but I figured I've got the pre-order why not try it. The only reason I got it was to have the SP demo early. If there is one little hitch and my game playing is delayed in any way it's off to the store. I'll bet the box will be in stores on the 15th, being a Thur, unless it's a very controlled release and they actually manage to hold it back till the 16th. I'll bet there will be a few lucky people that get their hands on the box on the 14th. Everyone that Pre-Ordered with a digital DL will pre-load and unlock sometime on the 14th. At least I hope that's how it goes. I'll buy the box later either way.

Madpistol
11-05-07, 08:16 PM
I'll find it in stores at some place. It's a PC shooter... I don't think it will be that hard to find.

MaXThReAT
11-05-07, 09:08 PM
Well yeah it's ganna be everywhere with plenty of stock. The Pre-Order and DL will be worth it for me if they unlock it before my 11am, heck it was already worth it to play the demo early. If it comes down to waiting for the dDL and the stores are open with it in stock I'll go grab it and sell my other. Don't know how that will work since I think the key is tied to my EA account.

MowTin
11-05-07, 11:29 PM
I want the box this time :D

einstein_314
11-06-07, 12:11 AM
No way I'm downloading it. I can see it already. Mass panic as the EA downloader service crashes. I'm waiting until I can get it in a store.

Rummy
11-06-07, 12:15 AM
I got the DD from EA there will be some pre loading so I don't think any servers will be crashing. I will pick up the boxed version later on. Same as Max:thumbsup:

nutcrackr
11-06-07, 01:34 AM
CE retail ver, same price as the digital download on EA Store, so no brainer :)

Mr_LoL
11-06-07, 02:38 AM
No way am I getting a digital download. Imagine waiting for hours downloading 8GB then finding out your download is corrupt. No thanks.

I am getting the special edition of the game anyway.

$n][pErMan
11-06-07, 02:48 AM
Heck yeah! :D

They start out right on launch day with at least a $10 off sale. My kind of store.
+2 :)

Tork64
11-06-07, 03:12 AM
No way I'm downloading it. I can see it already. Mass panic as the EA downloader service crashes. I'm waiting until I can get it in a store.

Not only that, something tells me the different time zones are gonna screw it up , just like with the demo.

LordJuanlo
11-06-07, 07:27 AM
I have reserved retail collector edition on a store, they will receive the game the 16th. I won't be able to play until weekend anyway

Slides
11-07-07, 01:11 AM
I will likely buy at a store...some store..any store.