PDA

View Full Version : bullsh!t moments in online games

Imbroglio
11-05-07, 09:13 PM
alright, i have to vent somewhere about this, this is the most retarded **** i've ever gone through before. some of you may know that in the past i have played certain fps competitively (wolf:et and rtcw), for the last 6 months or so i have been playing gun game mod for cs:s just for fun. i joined a 25 and older clan where it is just for fun, well, this evening they kicked and banned me for no apparent reason. They "conversed" for the past several weeks and determined I am a cheat, whatever the **** that means, in a way I find it as the ultimate compliment, my own friends think I cheat I'm that good. On the other hand, I know I'm not that good, I've played with many people from this forum Magus is one, and people here will tell you I'm not that good. I'm just in a mood where I'm kind of upset and kind of laughing about it. Oh well, here's a big F U to the PuRe clan, server ip is 65.99.210.173:27015 if you even want to play with grumpy ****heads :D

I know others have similar stories, I would like to hear them (lee63)

$n][pErMan
11-05-07, 09:46 PM
And that is why on the rare occasion when I do play a game online, I don’t get attached on any one server. As it is inevitable that at some point in time some 14yr old kiddie or some turd ball is going to ban you for kicking ass.

RAY16
11-05-07, 09:56 PM
I've been banned from a few servers in UT2K4 because some 'tard couldn't handle a beating. And hell, I'm just an average player. No big deal, there are plenty of servers out there.

Zeta
11-05-07, 10:57 PM
Been there done that. I think I suck as CS. I have been playing it since the beta days though. Anywho, once in a while I jump into a server where I am just owning everyone. Not because I am good but just because everyone is so bad. Next thing I know I am called a hacker and banned. Its just the way it goes.

Vanzagar
11-06-07, 01:45 AM
alright, i have to vent somewhere about this, this is the most retarded **** i've ever gone through before. some of you may know that in the past i have played certain fps competitively (wolf:et and rtcw), for the last 6 months or so i have been playing gun game mod for cs:s just for fun. i joined a 25 and older clan where it is just for fun, well, this evening they kicked and banned me for no apparent reason. They "conversed" for the past several weeks and determined I am a cheat, whatever the **** that means, in a way I find it as the ultimate compliment, my own friends think I cheat I'm that good. On the other hand, I know I'm not that good, I've played with many people from this forum Magus is one, and people here will tell you I'm not that good. I'm just in a mood where I'm kind of upset and kind of laughing about it. Oh well, here's a big F U to the PuRe clan, server ip is 65.99.210.173:27015 if you even want to play with grumpy ****heads :D

I know others have similar stories, I would like to hear them (lee63)

There is a lot of haxing **** going on out there so you can't totally blame them. Usually they should chase you and take a movie then post it on their forum and let everyone decide... it's pretty hard to wrongly detect a cheater though... you may have just had a lot of bad luck I guess... do you use brightly colored skins, or have your gamma cranked?

poullos
11-06-07, 04:52 AM
Been called a cheater in an online fps MP game, is the best proof you are on the right track. :D

LinuxManMike
11-06-07, 01:38 PM
I've been playing this open source game called Tremulous for about a year now. I certainly wouldn't call myself as one of the great players, but I have come a long way from being a newbie. The other day I was playing on a server I frequent and it was half full of newbies I had never seen before. This day I was doing exceptionally well, even after having not played for a while. Almost made it to 100 kills when I rarely break 50. It was probably more the newbies' lack of skill rather than my ability. Anyway, one of these guys was frequently dieing by my hands and out of frustration accused me of aimbotting. I shot out a simple "shut up and learn how to play!" Was good for about 5 minutes. He continued to die and kept whining about an aimbot. Another newbie started to complain as well. Went on for half the game. Told them both I never cheat, prove it, and learn to play. Funny thing is they didn't know how to call a vote kick and the people that did already knew me. Definitely an ego boost to be falsely accused of cheats.

Oh, and I've even been accused of cheating on my own server before. Hilarious to see people try and kick the server owner!

I find it really strange that your own clan would kick you Imbroglio. I figure either you were cheating, or they are a noob clan. I don't know you, I haven't played against you, so I don't really care which was the case. :)

de><ta
11-06-07, 02:04 PM
I played BF2 this weekend and I got shot out of a moving jet by a tank's machine gun... I quit shortly after that.

ArrowMk84
11-06-07, 02:10 PM
I remember playing BF2:SF on Warlord a couple of years ago and was kick "for cheating" (the only time that's happened). I had the T-90 on the road, blasting the British team as they came out of their base. They were throwing everything at me, but thanks a create from my commander and two engineers on my team, they couldn't kill me.

So instead of using smart tactics (use the other spawn point, sneaking around my rear, kill the two engineers and C4 my tank), the accused me of cheating and kicked me.

Ah, at least it was a n00b slaughter - 30 some kills to no deaths!

ArrowMk84
11-06-07, 02:11 PM
I played BF2 this weekend and I got shot out of a moving jet by a tank's machine gun... I quit shortly after that.

I've shot down a jet with a tank's main gun. Of course the guy was flying straight at me, and his bomb took me out.

ralinn
11-06-07, 02:59 PM
When I was younger and playing online games, I always found that playing in clans with older people was a bad idea. No offence to older people (well, dur I am one myself now), but they always thought that they were better. For some reason because they were older, they knew everything there was to know about the game and someone younger knowing more or being better is impossible. I was always talked down on, never on equal level.

Anyway, I know better now, and I pretty much ignore anyone that speaks to me, which may seem a bit arrogant, but it's always for the best. A lot of people complain about kids in online games, but I happen to think older people are far worse.

I find it really strange that your own clan would kick you Imbroglio. I figure either you were cheating, or they are a noob clan. I don't know you, I haven't played against you, so I don't really care which was the case. :)

Or maybe they're just arseholes with massive ego's? :)

Riptide
11-06-07, 03:50 PM
CSS... lol.

I could write a book. Most BS... EVER! Both due to the game's design and also the players themselves.

ralinn
11-06-07, 04:47 PM
CSS... lol.

I could write a book. Most BS... EVER! Both due to the game's design and also the players themselves.
Agreed, 100%

Imbroglio
11-06-07, 05:10 PM

Let's just say it was a complete noob clan, where many of the members have little to no clue what competitive play even is ;) i just found it amusing that after numerous months they all the sudden decide that I cheat one day, that was why I couldn't do anything except laugh.

Definitely some interesting stories here too :D

MustangSVT
11-06-07, 09:27 PM
CS is defintely the game where most people are likely to get accused of cheating.

I remember on several occassions just having a lucky/good night and having like 8 to 1 kill ratio and raping the other team single handledy because they were n00bs (I am by no means really good, I've had my ass kicked MANY times), and on some of those occassions when I have a good night, I would get accused of cheating, sometimes kicked from a server. :o

ralinn
11-07-07, 09:00 AM
Whenever i pwn a ton of people, i start talking smack, and the 12 year old admin bans me.
Sounds to me like you're the 12 yearold O_o

I don't see why some people are surprised when they're banned for acting like a kid.

six_storm
11-07-07, 10:58 AM
www.pwned.nl

Haha! CSS is so messed up, especially hit detection. Stupid boxes.

TF2 is really good but there are the occasional BS moments.

CoD4 has BS moments like crazy! Try a small, small map with 24 people in it. :rolleyes: