PDA

View Full Version : Which case?

ryan29121
11-06-07, 09:56 AM
In a few months I will be building a gaming pc and i need some advice on a case. At the moment I am considering two cases but I am open to new ideas. The cases I am considering are the:

Gigabyte Aurora
Antec P180B

I'm interested in a larger case with good air cooling and big enough so I can perhaps drop in water cooling in the future. The price range is probably $150 at the highest. I don't want one of those cases that are "over the top" with a ton of lighting and clear side panels. Keep in mind this is for my home office and I don't think my wife will enjoy a weird looking computer. Do you have any cases in mind or any opinions on the ones selected?

SOAD
11-06-07, 10:43 AM
I would recommend the Antec P182se :D looks lovely and is spacious enough.

The NZXT Lexa classic case is also nice. Isnt quite as quiet but has a lot better cooling :)

Revs
11-06-07, 10:47 AM
If ya deffo air cooling I always sware by CoolerMaster. My Stacker is a superb case, but DD's new case looks badass too and is quite a bit cheaper.

ryan29121
11-06-07, 11:11 AM
I would recommend the Antec P182se :D looks lovely and is spacious enough.

The NZXT Lexa classic case is also nice. Isnt quite as quiet but has a lot better cooling :)
I like the antec p182 because. it looks very similar to the p180b. The nzxt lexa case is a bit too wild for my taste. I don't really care for the clear side panel too much. Ill look into the cases some more.

mcolbourn
11-06-07, 11:46 AM
I would vote P182B as I have one and it is a nice case, lots of space to get to things and good airflow. The only fault I would say is it's weight (its heavy)

LORD-eX-Bu
11-06-07, 12:32 PM
stay the hell away from NZXT their build quality blows :lol:

Rakeesh
11-06-07, 12:34 PM
The P180 is a large brick.

mullet
11-06-07, 01:04 PM
Just get a Silverstone and call it done.

Tr1cK
11-06-07, 01:05 PM
Lian-Li all the way.

mullet
11-06-07, 01:13 PM
Lian-Li all the way.

True, if you can't afford a Silverstone I guess get a Lian-Lilly. :p

Tr1cK
11-06-07, 01:33 PM
True, if you can't afford a Silverstone I guess get a Lian-Lilly. :p
To each their own. I find the Silverstones to be overpriced in comparison. :p

SOAD
11-06-07, 01:38 PM
stay the hell away from NZXT their build quality blows :lol:

Not really. The NZXT I have has fantastic build quality. It has been treated like **** but has kept it looks :)

ryan29121
11-06-07, 03:47 PM
Yea I hear that antec case is crazy heavy. Noted to be 32lbs just for the case and about 50lbs when completed. Oh well, i don't plan on taking it anywhere, as i play to keep it on my desk all the time. Thanks for all the help. I'm considering purchasing the antec case for a few reasons: looks, airflow, size, and price.

SOAD
11-06-07, 04:20 PM
Yea I hear that antec case is crazy heavy. Noted to be 32lbs just for the case and about 50lbs when completed. Oh well, i don't plan on taking it anywhere, as i play to keep it on my desk all the time. Thanks for all the help. I'm considering purchasing the antec case for a few reasons: looks, airflow, size, and price.

I love heavy cases. The NZXT is light enough to lift with my baby finger when empty. The P182se however :D

ryan29121
11-06-07, 04:39 PM
what is the difference between the antec P180 and the P182se besides the different color? Is there any major difference?

mythy
11-07-07, 01:40 AM
yea motherboard area has cut outs for cable managements. the upper bays are now a solid piece so the last slot cant be removed for large radiators and theres a few other changes.

But don't get the P182 I did ad I regret it big time! It has piss poor thermal management despite its fans. Get the cooler master stacker 830 instead or the cosmos. If I were to close my case up my Quadcore would fry and my GT would be glitching just to much heat for the top fans to remove and theres a dead spot near the GPU's and its BAD!