PDA

View Full Version : Crysis and Beta drivers

BarrettF77
11-06-07, 12:20 PM
I dl'ed crysis 2 weeks ago or so and have tried the latest drivers as well as 169.01-04 on my rig. The game will not run it on 64bit, in 32 bit will get to the point where the plane is flying over the sea and then lock up. I have tried everything and still not a solution.

Is it just me or is this game already FUBAR before its out of the gate. EA makes so many problems and crytek, what were you thinking. Its times like that which make me think, I'm tired of spending this money on expensive hardware only to have what I bought 5 months ago run like a pooch. Maybe it is nvidias fault, at anyrate, Im just sick of spending money and not getting my money's worth. Bad drivers, bad programming, and a game this is more of a benchmark rather than made to be played and enjoyed. Thx crytek

Yaboze
11-06-07, 12:43 PM
Run the DX9 version, the DX10 version runs like ****.

4q2
11-06-07, 12:58 PM
Is it just me or is this game already FUBAR before its out of the gate.

Works fine here. Vista 32 Dx10 and Dx9 both work. Dx9 is a bit faster.

What hardware are you trying to run it on?

AngelGraves13
11-06-07, 05:58 PM
I'll wait about 3 months until drivers and patches make the game playable. Even at LOW I couldn't bare to watch a slide show.

BarrettF77
11-07-07, 11:55 PM
I have 2 8800 GTX video cards with a intel qx6700 processsor OC'ed to 3.2 ghz. I have tried all the drivers and even taken the res down to 1024x768. I think the point is that Crytek and Nvidia sent out a POS to the masses. I think I am starting to see the light. Always been a big pc gamer, but maybe pc gaming is dead. Atleast with my xbox I just put a disk in. Or if its a pc game made by blizzard, I know it will work on a mac! Thx again crytek and Nvidia for a great gaming experience. I know this demo did one thing for me, make me not want to buy crysis. But maybe they can get some other poor sap to buy it or use it for toilet paper.

[EOCF] Tim
11-08-07, 02:59 AM
I have 2 8800 GTX video cards with a intel qx6700 processsor OC'ed to 3.2 ghz. I have tried all the drivers and even taken the res down to 1024x768. I think the point is that Crytek and Nvidia sent out a POS to the masses. I think I am starting to see the light. Always been a big pc gamer, but maybe pc gaming is dead. Atleast with my xbox I just put a disk in. Or if its a pc game made by blizzard, I know it will work on a mac! Thx again crytek and Nvidia for a great gaming experience. I know this demo did one thing for me, make me not want to buy crysis. But maybe they can get some other poor sap to buy it or use it for toilet paper.

PRE-RELEASE DEMO!

hugos82
11-08-07, 03:04 AM
it is not just you. i have a similar config as you have, also quad and sli gtx.
it has to be a problem with the drivers, i recently upgraded to 4 gb of ram, then changed the mobo (EVGA sux big time) and the problem is still there, no way to play 64bit, 32 bit hangs after few minutes of play :headexplode:
i can assume it is because of the sli, thou i didn't have enough time to verify it.
anyway play dx 9 with the enhancements, that is the best option for now. we need to wait for some new drivers or hotfix to solve the problem.
take care.

Nick7
11-08-07, 04:54 AM
I've tried on x64 a bit, and it works.... but, performance in XP is quite better, so will stick to it (altho it does look a bit better with DX10).

jcrox
11-08-07, 08:20 AM
and yet another person that needs a tissue..... :cry:

look around and read up on suggestions for in game settings. Many of us have gotten the game to run just fine on less of a system so really.... has the thought ever your crossed your mind that YOU maybe doing something wrong? :retard:

Dragunov
11-08-07, 08:54 AM
I tried the game on 1024x768, everything on very high, no problem, probably running on DX10

conroejoe
11-08-07, 09:42 AM
and yet another person that needs a tissue..... :cry:

look around and read up on suggestions for in game settings. Many of us have gotten the game to run just fine on less of a system so really.... has the thought ever your crossed your mind that YOU maybe doing something wrong? :retard:

you shouldn't have to tweak a demo to make it playable though.

besides COD4 FTW, runs 70 - 100 FPS the whole time with AA on.

WeReWoLf
11-08-07, 09:58 AM
besides COD4 FTW, runs 70 - 100 FPS the whole time with AA on.

It was also based off a modified Quake 3 Engine.

Slammin
11-08-07, 10:28 AM
The 64bit version Crytek runs very well for me in either DX9 or DX10 mode, after tweaking.

conroejoe
11-08-07, 10:46 AM
It was also based off a modified Quake 3 Engine.

I dont care if they used Duke Nukem 3d. It looks and runs amazing.

Call of Duty 4 does not use Quake3, the engine is propietary.

conroejoe
11-08-07, 10:46 AM
The 64bit version Crytek runs very well for me in either DX9 or DX10 mode, after tweaking.

Why should you have to tweak a beta just to make it playable though? Why does that not bother you guys? LOL. BETA shouldn't necessarily = crap.

[EOCF] Tim
11-08-07, 10:49 AM
Why should you have to tweak a beta just to make it playable though? Why does that not bother you guys? LOL. BETA shouldn't necessarily = crap.

It's just a demo, lets just see what the full version is made of okay!? Then moan, and I probably will.

ASUSEN7900GTX
11-08-07, 10:51 AM
too bad these arenŽt available for XP too

well do they any difference?

Dragunov
11-08-07, 11:14 AM
When is the new demo coming out, built on the engine used in the retail game, thought it was this week ...

ASUSEN7900GTX
11-08-07, 11:52 AM
a new Demo iŽll be damned bring it on

jcrox
11-08-07, 01:37 PM
I don't run any tweaks and the demo runs 30 to 45fps @ 1280x1024 for me which is totally smooth game play. The only thing I've personally seen so far to really hamper game play has been people attempting to run at settings that are just too high for todays hardware.

Crytek did say that it will take 18 months for hardware to catch up to the game and yet people still seem to insist on trying to run at max settings and then complaining that either Crytek or Nvidia or MS are to blame for poor performance.... it's getting really old listening to so many people complain and cry.

ikjadoon
11-08-07, 09:38 PM
I love it when companies finally get around to using newer technologies and then everyone pisses in their pants when they find out their "old" hardware won't run it just as good or even better (wtf...) than when the company was using old technology.

I've taken my daily dose of chill pills, have you? ;)

~Ibrahim~

P.S. New demo? So are they scraping the patch/new driver idea and just bringing out a new demo? I hit 30-35FPS @ 1280x0124 at everything on high, except post-processing at low. That motion blur is more annoying than Hillary Clinton opening her mouth. It also kills FPS, but that is beside the point. :D

FlakMagnet
11-09-07, 07:33 AM
The demo has been massively playable on my rig (DX9 with everything on High). I play @1280x1024 and I was getting FPS in the mid 30's to early 40's.

I do however get a really bad crash if I try to run the demo in DX10 mode (doesn't matter what settings). I'm hoping this is a driver issue, but noone else seems to be getting the same symptoms as me : Screen fills with purple and black dots in a kind of pattern - machine hard-locks and I need to power off to get it back :thumbdwn:

Have only ever seen this once before in BioShock, but it happens all the time in the Crysis demo. But then I am using the 169.04 drivers, so it could be those too.

NVidia has just announces a $1 Billion turnover for the last quarter - I hope they spend some of that money on some good driver developers!

Dragunov
11-09-07, 08:09 AM
I love it when companies finally get around to using newer technologies and then everyone pisses in their pants when they find out their "old" hardware won't run it just as good or even better (wtf...) than when the company was using old technology.

I've taken my daily dose of chill pills, have you? ;)

~Ibrahim~

P.S. New demo? So are they scraping the patch/new driver idea and just bringing out a new demo? I hit 30-35FPS @ 1280x0124 at everything on high, except post-processing at low. That motion blur is more annoying than Hillary Clinton opening her mouth. It also kills FPS, but that is beside the point. :D

Normally yes, I read the demo is built with the same engine version of the beta version, so an old version and they gonna release the demo again with the latest engine, cause too many gamers complained about the bad performance they had with the demo

that's why u also see pre-release demo and not just demo

Nick7
11-13-07, 05:37 AM
As far as performance goes, I have almost all on High (DX9), except postprocessing.. hmm.. and something else, forgot ^^
I hit around 30+ FPS at 1680x1050.