PDA

View Full Version : What Texture Filtering setting do you use

mcolbourn
11-08-07, 12:40 PM
I was wondering what people set their Texture Filtering setting to. Do you keep at its default Quality or change it to High Quality or Performance.

I normally keep mine at High Quality as the image looks better but I wondered if other think different.

$n][pErMan
11-08-07, 05:30 PM
High Quality :) Sometimes I notice it and sometimes I don't.

SH64
11-08-07, 05:33 PM
HQ & no more texture filtering optimizations.
plus the AF is semi-free on the 8800 series if you have one :cool:

FearMeAll
11-08-07, 05:42 PM
I use quality..cuz I can't see the difference from high quality so I'll take the extra very few fps..I guess my eyes got retrained from the awful aniso on the 7 series..used to make my eyes bleed..I can't see shimmering with the 8 series. I haven't felt this happy with a card since the 9700pro as far as image quality goes.

SH64
11-08-07, 05:50 PM
I use quality..cuz I can't see the difference from high quality so I'll take the extra very few fps..I guess my eyes got retrained from the awful aniso on the 7 series..used to make my eyes bleed..I can't see shimmering with the 8 series. I haven't felt this happy with a card since the 9700pro as far as image quality goes.
Yeah but as mentioned in the reviews , the filtering in the 8800 series is almost free .. so why not go for the best ?

Legend
11-08-07, 05:56 PM
Yeah but as mentioned in the reviews , the filtering in the 8800 series is almost free .. so why not go for the best ?

I agree and I have played with Quality and High Quality in a number of games while running fraps. Never a bit of difference in the frame rates from my test so I just leave it on High Quality and enjoy premium eye candy.