PDA

View Full Version : Partition Magic? Acroni?

Technoholic
11-09-07, 01:18 PM
As for Acroni, I'm not sure how you spell it but...

Does Partition Magic 8 work on Vista? Or is there anything else better for me to use to be able to create partition and format, on Vista OS?

Apparently, with PM8, it shows one harddrive and completely empty, and another that says BAD. I certainly hope it's not one of my harddrives, but I have a feeling, it's just the program...

Thanks alot

stncttr908
11-09-07, 01:38 PM
I like Acronis and it definitely works on Vista.

Technoholic
11-09-07, 01:56 PM
I learned recently that Vista has partition manager, but apparently it doesn't work out too good.

What's the exact title for this Acronis?

[Edit] Is it Acronis Disk Director Suite?

einstein_314
11-09-07, 02:28 PM
I learned recently that Vista has partition manager, but apparently it doesn't work out too good.

What's the exact title for this Acronis?

[Edit] Is it Acronis Disk Director Suite?
Yup, that's their partition manager program. Acronis makes great software. Especially their disk imaging program. :thumbsup:

DRen72
11-09-07, 02:49 PM
Acronis Disk Director Suite works fine in Vista

stncttr908
11-09-07, 03:06 PM
Acronis True Image is also a great piece of software.

Technoholic
11-09-07, 09:33 PM
Alright, thanks guys, appreciate it.

Appears at this moment, my harddrive is dying...apparently. It gets harder and harder to access my mass storage. :( I hope I can save all those files in SAFE MODE because it seems to work better that way. I think I'll reformat Vista as well because at the very beginning of bootup, computer and every runs fine. But after awhile, whatever I try to do that comes from or go to my mass storage drive, it freezes.

Wish me luck. :(

[Edit] SS of what I'm trying to access....

LORD-eX-Bu
11-09-07, 11:17 PM
wow that sucks....

I just used the partition manager in Vista, worked great for me :)

Technoholic
11-10-07, 12:11 AM
Well, it appears I'm about to give up...

Will reformatting the drive help rid of I/O device error?