PDA

View Full Version : 8800 Ultra Extreme Artifacts...Please help

fearz
11-09-07, 09:40 PM
Remember me? the underpowered GPU (I had the 580W PSU, then upgraded to 650W) then i forgot to plug in the extra PCI_E onboard power and I got told not to worry, well, i was playing Lost planet DX10 today, and i noticed on the top right edge of the screen some artifacts, small lines connected with dots on the edges of objects within the game, so i said to myself, it can't be!!

so then i started to worry, downloaded ATItool to XP

ran the scan for artifacts, started well, up to 5 mins, the temp was 85, after 9 mins, it was 92 and started to show errors, until it reached 97 then i stopped the test, with almost 3 errors.

I never seen that temp with that card before, it used to max on 84-86 on Vista, Anyway I startted vista...ran the tool again, for second one it gives me an artifact yellow line errror and everysecond it draws another line, I thought/think that the tool is not supposrted by vista 64 bit, because it cant be, the card is not even @ 80C for second one and it gave artifacts??? not even 10% of what happened on XP.

Then I played BF2142 and while moving the mouse on top of screen, i see random small lines (rectangular lines) come and go (small ones) and now I was sure it was artifacts..I checked the temps, It never went above 80C?

Now what do you think is going on and what do you think I should do?

fearz
11-09-07, 09:43 PM
Can you guys tell me any tools to confirm 100% that my card has artifacts?

Any stress tools or something?

Thanks

methimpikehoses
11-09-07, 09:45 PM
Those lines are artifacts all right... maybe it's a bad card.

CoSWill
11-10-07, 08:59 AM
Try some different drivers before you condemn the card.

Luchou
11-10-07, 01:38 PM
also try underclocking it and see what happens or set fan at 100% with rivatuner, maybe heat is producing artifacts, good luck!

cefurkan
11-10-07, 02:21 PM
underclock the card

because i saw some cases that the ultras cant cabapable of giving that clocks

they have downclocked their mhz then problems were solved