PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Quest demo!

CaptNKILL
11-10-07, 05:07 AM
http://www.wolfquest.org/demos/index.html

:lol:

I'm actually going to give this a try right now...

I wonder if I can pee on something...

nutcrackr
11-10-07, 05:09 AM
epic

what a huge quarter for pc games, wolf quest leading the way.

WeReWoLf
11-10-07, 05:16 AM
*waits for crainger*

CaptNKILL
11-10-07, 05:32 AM
Oh my god this is BAD.

I had to actually search for the extracted setup.exe file and run it in win9x compatibility mode to get the game to install.

Its choppy and it looks like ass.

The controls are bad, there is NO gameplay and its extremely glitchy.

What the hell are they thinking? :lol:

I could program better than this.

I mean, come on. If you mash the howl button 10 times it plays the howl sound 10 times, complete with overlapping sound, and crackling speakers. :lol:

There are also several keys that just seem to do random glitchy things.

Pressing "R" makes you go like 900 miles per hour, pressing control makes the screen shake, for no obvious reason.

WOW...

:lol:

EDIT: The one good thing I got from it is that I found a 5.5gig temp folder while looking for the setup.exe. I'm clearing that out and getting back some space on my C drive...

nutcrackr
11-10-07, 05:40 AM
I can't install it, MFC app crash :confused:

CaptNKILL
11-10-07, 05:46 AM
Same here.

If you really want to try it, do a search for setup.exe. It'll be in a folder somewhere in the "Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp" folder.

Run that in windows 98 compatibility mode. It worked for me.

nutcrackr
11-10-07, 05:53 AM
Yeah I found it, still crashes lol

Lfctony
11-10-07, 05:57 AM
EDIT: The one good thing I got from it is that I found a 5.5gig temp folder while looking for the setup.exe. I'm clearing that out and getting back some space on my C drive...

Bahahahahahaha!!! :D

CaptNKILL
11-10-07, 06:26 AM
Seriously, I can't believe how bad this is. The video made it look like a cheesy but entertaining wolf simulation.

This is not even CLOSE.

It has no statistics, no basic needs (eating, drinking, etc), maybe 6 buttons total, the movement and cameras are horribly choppy. Animals appear out of thin air right in front of you.

Pretty much all you do is walk around, find animals and bite them till they die. Apparently, the only reason to eat is to refill your health bar if you get hurt trying to bite something.

I can't believe they are trying to pass this off as an educational game.

I also can't believe there are people on their forums praising it for its gameplay and mind blowing graphics. Then again, these are also the same people who closed the game and couldn't figure out how to start it again (go to the start menu and click the icon).

EDIT:

If you want a simple but fun "life simulation" game, try Stranded II:
http://www.unrealsoftware.de/game_stranded2.php?PHPSESSID=827c1aa79b62c51c46781 55e63a58e76
It isn't about wolves, but its fun and actually has a lot of cool features. I was surprised at how addicting it was when I started playing it.

*gasp* It actually has gameplay! :eek:

crainger
11-10-07, 07:35 AM
Oh my ****ing god! Do you know how ****ing good this game is? Good enough for me to type out OMFG in full that how ****ing good it is. ****ing elk I just killed that ****ing elk then I pissed all over the ****ing place. I ****ing love this game I'm gonna go ****ing some ****ing she wolf now and watch as she ****ing pisses all over the place because i'm a ****ing wolf and I'm into to that ****ing ****.

CaptNKILL
11-10-07, 07:53 AM
:lol2:

WeReWoLf
11-10-07, 08:09 AM
Oh my ****ing god! Do you know how ****ing good this game is? Good enough for me to type out OMFG in full that how ****ing good it is. ****ing elk I just killed that ****ing elk then I pissed all over the ****ing place. I ****ing love this game I'm gonna go ****ing some ****ing she wolf now and watch as she ****ing pisses all over the place because i'm a ****ing wolf and I'm into to that ****ing ****.

Well worth the wait :D

NaitoSan
11-10-07, 09:20 AM
Damn CaptNKILL, you made me want to install it just to see how bad it is. :(

I read some on the forum, it appears most are 12 years old who thinks this game is so cool. I find it rather funny but oh well I guess it does have people's interest.

Eliminator
11-10-07, 10:44 AM
2 GHz Pentium III or better
gona have to pop out the liquid nitrogen for that one

BioHazZarD
11-10-07, 10:56 AM
lol a wolves game?

nekrosoft13
11-10-07, 11:56 AM
didn't PIII stop at about 1.4?

Rakeesh
11-10-07, 12:18 PM
I am really hoping they don't make this game. It will ruin the handle I've been using for the last 8 years.

pkirby11
11-10-07, 02:32 PM

A nice fix I found for MFC errors is this:

Right Click "My Computer" and select properties.
Goto the "Advance" tab and click "Settings" by performance.
Then click the "Data Execution Prevention" tab.
Make sure "Turn on DEP for essential Windows Programs and services only" is selected.

See if this doesn't help and for Vista you go about it the same way except when you right click "Computer" and get the "System" windows click "Advanced Settings" on the left. That might work, I used it as a trick for a software I supported recently. Although, if you don't give a flying rat ass for Wolf Quest then don't bother! :D

pkirby11
11-10-07, 02:33 PM

They only go to 1GHZ if I remember correctly.

Eliminator
11-10-07, 02:49 PM
yup thats why i said its time for LN2 ;)

crainger
11-10-07, 02:59 PM
I love this ****ing game. I also ****ing love the ****ing The Witcher. I names my ****ing Wolf Geralt because I'm that ****ing cool and I love to ****ing shewolves. I AM THE MOTHER****ER WHITE WOLF WITH A MOTHER****ING FREEZE RAY FOR A ****!

Vanzagar
11-10-07, 03:23 PM
When they asked for feedback on their forum, the first reply is:

It's amazing, I can't believe i'm actually playing it!
The graphic is SO incredible, it's hard to belive this is a free game, and even a free Demo. You have done and incredible job. The camera can be hard to use in the start, but it's fine. It'll only take a few minutes to learn xD
The hunting is smooth, and the rabbits are hard like hel* to catch lool :'P
you have choosen a lot of possiblelities when it comes to the fur etc. And I like the music, as it fits pretty good with the whole game. Maybe to much replay though? But I wont complain about that, it's only a thought
Edit: ooh my bad, looks like you guys have though it all through O_O There is different music in all the areas?! kyaah!

There is just ONE big problem. Didn't you say we would be able to Save the game even if it's the demo? Cause mine wont give me that option, and the same goes for my friend ^^,
if we're looking away from the saveing option, I can hardly put a finger on what I don't like, as I have only played for a few minutes. But I wanna bet that I will keep getting amazed for a while

ref: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1293

They must have wrote that **** themselves...

Someone from this forum should post Crysis pics for them....

crainger
11-10-07, 03:45 PM
No I wrote that. ****ing Elk.

methimpikehoses
11-10-07, 05:59 PM
*THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PISS*