PDA

View Full Version : Black small lines showing while playing BF2142...BUT NOT SHOWN IN SCREENSHOTS???

fearz
11-11-07, 06:12 PM
Hi, I replaced my new 8800 ultra with another ones stating it has artifacts (the weird black lines/cubes (small ones, come and go really fast)) in BF2142.

So I came back, installed the game both on Vista 64 and XP 32, and I got same results on both, same crap shows on both so I decided to take screenshots, Guess what?

The screenshots are completely perfect, no black crap appears, I'm using Fraps to take the screenshots, I took about 50 screenshots and there is nothing there...

I don't get it, might it be the screen?

I tried changing all video settings to default, still same problem.

Any ideas?

CaptNKILL
11-11-07, 07:04 PM
All that really means is that the lines are developing at some point after the shots are taken.

There are a few different things it could be. Defective card, PSU going bad, or screwy drivers.

Try different drivers and if you have another system capable of powering that card, try it in a different machine too.

fearz
11-11-07, 07:08 PM
All that really means is that the lines are developing at some point after the shots are taken.

There are a few different things it could be. Defective card, PSU going bad, or screwy drivers.

Try different drivers and if you have another system capable of powering that card, try it in a different machine too.

Nope, I set Fraps to start taking screenshots every 1 second from the time I press F10, so there is 1 screenshot taken every 1 second, I took about 50, NONE of them has ANY of these lines...

I tried different drivers, different OS, I even tried a different card, but I still have the same problem...

Not sure about the PSU thing, why would it be a PSU?

grimreefer
11-11-07, 07:10 PM
do u have videos or browsers open while u play?

fearz
11-11-07, 07:23 PM
do u have videos or browsers open while u play?

Nope..

K-1
11-11-07, 07:33 PM
Only BF2142 does this for you? What type of monitor are you using? If you're on an LCD, maybe you're trying to run BF2142 at a refresh rate your monitor doesn't support.

fearz
11-11-07, 07:39 PM
Only BF2142 does this for you? What type of monitor are you using? If you're on an LCD, maybe you're trying to run BF2142 at a refresh rate your monitor doesn't support.

Yes i get this only in BF2142 (atleast what i've tried so far) I played lostplanet, but dont get this...

its a 19" Acer @ 75 refresh rate, and im turning vertical sync ON or OFF, either i get those ****ty lines with..