PDA

View Full Version : Epic = Sh*t, these days. PC gamer's shafted.....again.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SeriTonin
11-12-07, 11:48 AM
Perfect example of PC gaming never getting the proper support by developers.

Gears of War shipped last year to the xbox360 with no bugs. Playable, quality, fun.

The PC version comes out a year later to crashing in vista on 32 and 64-bit OS's with no acknolwedgement from Epic.

The PC version stutters on a LARGE amount of systems, regradless of OS or specs, so don't use that excuse....people with 4gb ram and 8800 ultras in sli are reporting the problem as are people with modest rigs such as mine.....with no acknowledgement from Epic.

The engine itself does not support AA without dx10 unless you do an un-official work-around...no acknowledgement from Epic...

No proper widescreen support in the engine....no acknowledgement from Epic.....Epic did however feel this matter was important enough to get off their lazy, half-arsed coding butts and delete these threads, because we all know ignorance is bliss, apparently.

Unreal Tournament 3 continous delays, said to be due to fixing bugs and supporting dx10, yet today we are told from Rein, there is no dx10 whatsever in UT3 and "MAY" be supported in a patch later " he supposes " ...doesn't sound too promising to me.

I say, if you're gonna half ass everything you put on PC now cause you're all gung-ho about consoles, then just make games for consoles and stop insulting us pc gamers with the poor excuses you call engines and ports and caliber games.

Epic was my absolute favorite developer, they listened to the fans, they supported the community with great tools, lots of patches, free maps.

Now they just sit back and let things go to hell.

Thank you Epic, for draining any hopes of pc gaming flourishing. Even if your products are decent, people need to actually be able to run them to determine that.

Sorry, members, had to rant.

The gears thing has me more irate than anything.

jeffmd
11-12-07, 12:05 PM
yea I have been dissapointed at the amount of info coming from them on their latest games. There message boards though have generaly been useless when asking questions, usualy they just make a public post with questions gathered from emails.

Destroy
11-12-07, 12:13 PM
Agreed. Epic is no longer a PC company IMO. They have switched to consoles.

JohnDio
11-12-07, 12:15 PM

Gears of War shipped last year to the xbox360 with no bugs. Playable, quality, fun.

The PC version comes out a year later to crashing in vista on 32 and 64-bit OS's with no acknolwedgement from Epic.

The PC version stutters on a LARGE amount of systems, regradless of OS or specs, so don't use that excuse....people with 4gb ram and 8800 ultras in sli are reporting the problem as are people with modest rigs such as mine.....with no acknowledgement from Epic.

The engine itself does not support AA without dx10 unless you do an un-official work-around...no acknowledgement from Epic...

No proper widescreen support in the engine....no acknowledgement from Epic.....Epic did however feel this matter was important enough to get off their lazy, half-arsed coding butts and delete these threads, because we all know ignorance is bliss, apparently.

Unreal Tournament 3 continous delays, said to be due to fixing bugs and supporting dx10, yet today we are told from Rein, there is no dx10 whatsever in UT3 and "MAY" be supported in a patch later " he supposes " ...doesn't sound too promising to me.

I say, if you're gonna half ass everything you put on PC now cause you're all gung-ho about consoles, then just make games for consoles and stop insulting us pc gamers with the poor excuses you call engines and ports and caliber games.

Epic was my absolute favorite developer, they listened to the fans, they supported the community with great tools, lots of patches, free maps.

Now they just sit back and let things go to hell.

Thank you Epic, for draining any hopes of pc gaming flourishing. Even if your products are decent, people need to actually be able to run them to determine that.

Sorry, members, had to rant.

The gears thing has me more irate than anything.

Simply LOL :D . Every Unreal3 engine game needs a work around to enable FSAA (well, most of them. The only exception is Bioshock). Every Unreal3 engine has widescreen problems and this goes for the Xbox360 games too. Be thankful that there are mods that fix the widescreen, cause the Xbox360 gamers were really f*cked with the widescreen issue. As for the stuttering, in my PC is present only when it's loading something new and is minimal.

nekrosoft13
11-12-07, 12:17 PM
hilarious thread.

nekrosoft13
11-12-07, 12:28 PM

ok, yes, it was perfect, oh wait, Epic had to replease patches to fix it
it, crashes on xp as well, stop blaming vista. user error, if system is properly patches, latest driver, crashing is not existant.
every U3 game has this "issue". at least on PC we can get AA and AF
every E3 engine has this issue, no fix on console. can be fixed on PC.
maybe you missed it, but every version of UT3 was being delayed. not just PC. Or maybe you would preffer 360 version, and wait till mid 2008?

stncttr908
11-12-07, 12:35 PM
Would someone please point me to the DX9 AA workaround?

fivefeet8
11-12-07, 12:41 PM
Would someone please point me to the DX9 AA workaround?

Force the application profile to use 4xAA with the Oblivion compatibility bit(45). You can use nhancer to do it.

fivefeet8
11-12-07, 12:43 PM

Both of these were acknowledged in interviews done months ago with Tim. Specifically, they stated that dx10 would be worked on and if it was ready at launch, they would include it. If not, then they would release a patch to include dx10 later. AA was already stated to work officially in only Dx10 because of the use of deferred rendering.

|MaguS|
11-12-07, 12:47 PM
What a cry baby...

nekrosoft13
11-12-07, 12:51 PM
Force the application profile to use 4xAA with the Oblivion compatibility bit(45). You can use nhancer to do it.

45 is no longer Oblivion compatibility bit. Its different now for Oblivion.

Destroy
11-12-07, 01:15 PM
What a cry baby...

So someone that expects a quality PC product from a high end developer is now labeled a cry baby? What happened to standards and good customer service?

|MaguS|
11-12-07, 01:20 PM
So someone that expects a quality PC product from a high end developer is now labeled a cry baby? What happened to standards and good customer service?

He's crying about two products, one that has been out for less then two weeks and another that has not even released yet... EPIC is known for providing very good support for their products and I don't see them stoping that now.

SeriTonin
11-12-07, 01:25 PM
I'm "crying" about watching one of the last decent pc developers turn into another craptacular consolized developer.

It's not so much the issues as it is the neglect toward them.

Gears has been out a week. You said it.

"Only" a week, actually.

Seems to me in a week you could at least address the people that were honest enough to PAY $50 for the game rather than d/l it for free.

I'm not saying piracy is right, but damn, I see the mentality of it for some...why pay full price for a broken game who's problems go ignored.

Do I want Epic to put out a magic patch in 5 days that fixes gears? No. Do I want them to at least admit there's an issue and it's being worked on? Yes. And I'm sorry Magus the almighty, but I don't feel my tears are'nt shedding for nothing. ;)

It's a messy engine and maybe that group over @ silcon knights will find some justice for everyone, seems Epic is f*cking other developers that pay to use the engine, too, not just the people who play it. =/

SeriTonin
11-12-07, 01:38 PM
Before you flame me or even before you take my side....

All I ask you to do is click this link and read all these problems and how not one official comment or statement has been made.

http://forums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

The ignorance speaks for itself.

SwedX
11-12-07, 01:56 PM
Yeah I say Crytek is what its all about now. they are the Pc devs right now and hopyfully wont sell their souls like the bastards at Epic have done!

You have absolutely right SeriTonin Epic can go FU.. themselfs couse I dont care at all!

And their latest games aint much to rumble about, just same old POS and that goes for GOW to. I defenetly wont buy that for even a dollar ;)

fivefeet8
11-12-07, 02:18 PM
45 is no longer Oblivion compatibility bit. Its different now for Oblivion.

It's 45 in nhancer for me using the 169.04 drivers.

nekrosoft13
11-12-07, 02:20 PM

then you have old version of nhancer, or you overwrote the new profiles with your old profiles from previous version.

that bit was changed in latest 169 drivers.

SeriTonin
11-12-07, 02:47 PM
Still stand by my statement, look at the official forums, all the problems users are having and how not ONE OFFICIAL comment or acknowledgement from Epic has been made. Look at this link and then tell me it's no big deal.

Forget a fix, I'm just asking EPIC to acknowledge the damn problems!!!

http://forums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

nekrosoft13
11-12-07, 03:37 PM

current correct value is 0x200100c5

download 169.04 driver, extract the exe, expand the nvapps.xm_ into nvapps.xml and check the value.

Destroy
11-12-07, 03:48 PM
current correct value is 0x200100c5

download 169.04 driver, extract the exe, expand the nvapps.xm_ into nvapps.xml and check the value.

GoW DX9 FSAA works for me also with 000045 Oblivion with 169.04. <shrug>

Eliminator
11-12-07, 04:43 PM
i fully agree man... i lost all trust in epic and cancelled my UT3 preorder... getting crysis instead... say anything bad about the game and theyll delete your thread...

m3dude
11-12-07, 05:18 PM
yep, i will never buy another epic game again. even if they happen to release a good game i will be bootlegging it and offering it to all my friends who wanna play it

wrathofgod
11-12-07, 05:19 PM
The Unreal 3 engine is a joke IMO. It's nothing even close (graphically) to what we were shown a fews years back or even more recently.

Sidric
11-12-07, 05:54 PM
what exactly were(or are) the problems with gears for PC? I don't keep up on the Epic forums but from a glance it looks like stuttering and crashing are an issue? hmmm . . .

I know I'm gonna get flamed for saying this, but I've been running Gears flawlessly on my rig with no stuttering or crashing of any kind. Had an issue with vsync not applying but fixed that with a driver update. Meh, guess I'm one of the lucky few :p