PDA

View Full Version : Which card?

Thew
11-12-07, 12:02 PM
Hello, I'm concidering to upgrade my computer and I want it to be able to play games like Crysis and the likes on full graphics. I'm mostly checking out prices and what card i should go for. What I want is a really good gfx card for gaming that can play games like Crysis with maxed-out gfx. I don't mind if it's big or makes abit of noise, I know it may be expensive but I'm just wondering what card you'd suggest for me?:)

Note that I'm not too much into computer hardware so I don't know much about fancy cooling or overclocking etc etc.

Oh, and my motherboard uses PCI Express plugs.

Cheers!

-Thew

methimpikehoses
11-12-07, 12:05 PM
8800 Ultra > 8800GTX > 8800GT > 8800GTS... all can play most games maxed out at most "medium" resolutions. Crysis has raised the bar, and no card in existence right now will play it perfectly at ultra-high detail levels.

Hoopla
11-12-07, 12:20 PM
What I want is a really good gfx card for gaming that can play games like Crysis with maxed-out gfx.

You'll have to wait for the next generation of cards to run Crysis at max.

stncttr908
11-12-07, 12:58 PM
We need to know more about your computer's specs. If it's not a custom build it is quite possible it doesn't have a power supply capable of handling an 8800 series card.