PDA

View Full Version : Know what's worthless in Oblivion? LICH!!

penitent_one
11-12-07, 05:48 PM
Talk about a worthless creature to conjure.

He's lazy and sits there casting some type of protection for himself before starting to attack enemies. He also takes forever to move around, it's like watching a waterfall of molasses. It's like "HEY LICH, HELP ME OUT BRO I HAVE LIKE 10 DUDES KILLIN ME!" and Lich is all like "Naww... gotta like float really slowly after the wimpiest dude".

You know who friggin gets after it? Dremora Lords! You can cast one right in the middle of a group of dudes and he'll kill them all singlehandedly. They'll all like hit him with all kinds of stuff but instead he just screams "I'LL PUUNISSH YOOUU!" and all kills them with his beefy ass sword and lightning/frost spells. It's like he's playing baseball with their bodies and he totally kicks their asses.

Liches, stupid losers, Dremora Lords FTW!!!

Mr. Hunt
11-12-07, 05:55 PM
This thread delivers... I loved your quote.

MustangSVT
11-12-07, 09:44 PM
This thread delivers... I loved your quote.
QFT

It's funny that the Lich sucks so much in Oblivion. By contrast, I recall in Baldur's Gate 2, there was Power Lich's in some very secret areas all throughout the game (I might have found maybe 4 or so when I played the game), and it was virtually invincible. He would do time stop which means the game essentially froze for me, while he would cast some insane spells. By the time the time stop was over, he had opened some like portals of hell or some crap like that and like 5 HUGE monsters would come out and eat me like breakfast. :headexplode:

Zelda_fan
11-12-07, 11:55 PM
QFT

It's funny that the Lich sucks so much in Oblivion. By contrast, I recall in Baldur's Gate 2, there was Power Lich's in some very secret areas all throughout the game (I might have found maybe 4 or so when I played the game), and it was virtually invincible. He would do time stop which means the game essentially froze for me, while he would cast some insane spells. By the time the time stop was over, he had opened some like portals of hell or some crap like that and like 5 HUGE monsters would come out and eat me like breakfast. :headexplode:

There was a certain quest called kangaxx the demi litch. You'd defeat 3 power litches, and with place the bones you got from them in a coffin, and out pops kangaxx the demi litch. 100% immune to magic and anything other than a +4 or higher weapon. Not only that, but he had an unlimited supply of imprisonment spells (basically instant death that has no save and works regardless of magic resistance). IMHO he's the hardest enemy in the game.

EciDemon
11-13-07, 02:42 AM
There was a certain quest called kangaxx the demi litch. You'd defeat 3 power litches, and with place the bones you got from them in a coffin, and out pops kangaxx the demi litch. 100% immune to magic and anything other than a +4 or higher weapon. Not only that, but he had an unlimited supply of imprisonment spells (basically instant death that has no save and works regardless of magic resistance). IMHO he's the hardest enemy in the game.

Killed him before I left Act 2 in BG2 hehe.
Protection from magic scrolls on the fighters so they could pin him down by his coffin (thats 100% immunity vs his nasty stuff)
But I had no +4 weapons or any spells to breach his defence, In the end I used a ring with I think 5 charges, each doing 50dmg or something.

I used my Sorceress, cast a doubble, let the doubble use the ring 5 times, Cast another doubble, let _it_ use the ring and so on, He died on the second last charge from my real character lol

Easy!

MustangSVT
11-13-07, 11:06 AM
Killed him before I left Act 2 in BG2 hehe.
Protection from magic scrolls on the fighters so they could pin him down by his coffin (thats 100% immunity vs his nasty stuff)
But I had no +4 weapons or any spells to breach his defence, In the end I used a ring with I think 5 charges, each doing 50dmg or something.

I used my Sorceress, cast a doubble, let the doubble use the ring 5 times, Cast another doubble, let _it_ use the ring and so on, He died on the second last charge from my real character lol

Easy!
Lol neat trick.

It's stuff like this that make (for me) Baldur's Gate 2 the greatest RPG ever. Ya the interface and graphics weren't as advanced as nowadays, but it had some sweet stories and enemies and was just great if you immersed yourself into the game.

EciDemon
11-14-07, 06:16 AM
(ot warning)
I actually only played as sorceress in BG2, cept for the very first try as a paladin.

Sorceress are very powerfull, the best one Imo. You can do lots of neat tricks with 'em in combination with the powerfull magic user items.
They don't need Int or Wis for there spells, as they learn a set amount of your choosing (so picking the important spells are very important). So you could lower those and spend on other things, But then you cant use Greater wish, they require both high int and wis so you can interpret the genie and get what you want. *Oups, only got two more spells left, just wish for new ones!*
One of my favorite tactics was to use skeletons after character level 15, they become warriors with 90% magic immunity, and with no brain they can't be controlled by enemies like those squid faces.

At high lvl, you use the spell that removes one spell per turn limit, together with robe of vecna (-4 to spell cast timer) along with a ring or something you can insta cast most low lvl spells. So imagine one of those, time stop, and then you can unleech your whole disposal in one turn! :D :D

Melfs acid arrow also comes to mind, as a damage overtime, 6 of those will interupt any magican for quite some time, as one turn i belive was 6 time units, they just cant do anything hehe.

I still play the game from time to time since the newer Nwn i was quite dissapointed with (Underdark expansion was cool tho)
I miss these not so obvious cheesy tactics in newer games. So much in old BG2 to discover :)

Destroy
07-22-08, 10:44 AM
Yeah, Summoning Creatures to fight on your side is one of my main ways I play. Not only helps you fight but distracts enemies so you fight fewer at one time, esp. important with Marts Monster Mod I'm finding.

Daedroth(which is what I have) seems to be the best creature spell to own.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Summon

Tygerwoody
07-22-08, 11:47 AM
It's like "HEY LICH, HELP ME OUT BRO I HAVE LIKE 10 DUDES KILLIN ME!" and Lich is all like "Naww... gotta like float really slowly after the wimpiest dude".

Quote of the Year. :rofl

CaptNKILL
07-22-08, 12:03 PM
Yeah, Summoning Creatures to fight on your side is one of my main ways I play. Not only helps you fight but distracts enemies so you fight fewer at one time, esp. important with Marts Monster Mod I'm finding.

Daedroth(which is what I have) seems to be the best creature spell to own.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Summon

Stop bumping old threads.

What is the point in continuing multiple discussions from over a year ago with random responses?

If you want to discuss Oblivion, keep your posts in one thread.

Tygerwoody
07-22-08, 12:16 PM
Stop bumping old threads.

What is the point in continuing multiple discussions from over a year ago with random responses?

If you want to discuss Oblivion, keep your posts in one thread.
I never got to see this thread. I'm glad it was bumped. :D

msxyz
07-22-08, 03:56 PM
Aahhh the memories... not to derail the thread any further (well, it's too late anyway :) )

Once the character can turn into Bahl the demi lich is no longer a problem. The avatar is immune to magic and deals massive damage at close quarters... just be sure to follow the lich around when he teleports... Capt'n : you've to admit that a thread about liches is perfect for some necro posting ;)

CaptNKILL
07-22-08, 11:02 PM
Whatever, people keep PMing me about the number of ancient threads being resurrected lately.

If no one actually cares, then never mind.

brady
07-22-08, 11:12 PM
Ahhh yes. This thread is a perfect illustration of why the internets was invented. So that we can say things like "Dremora Lords!", "lightning/frost spells", "Dremora Lords FTW!!!", "Summoning Creatures", "I used my Sorceress, cast a doubble".

Tygerwoody
07-22-08, 11:19 PM
Naww... gotta like float really slowly after the wimpiest dude

crainger
07-23-08, 12:00 AM
::rofl:

Bearclaw
07-23-08, 01:40 PM
: :rofl :