PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty 4 GOTY ?!?

Pages : [1] 2

turdhat
11-12-07, 05:53 PM
This game has to be a strong runner. One of the most immersive Fps games of recent memory and multi is just incredible. Not to mention it runs at 60fps most of the time with everything cranked on max with Nhancer 8xs AA. Just the complete package for me. Now all we need is United Offensive 2 !!

Spolier below.

The end of the shock and awe mission.... Just WOW, and the ending of that mission. Unexpected for sure. :captnkill:

nekrosoft13
11-12-07, 06:04 PM
not even close to GOTY

Sidric
11-12-07, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't call it GOTY, but it certainly was one of the highlights of 2007.

turdhat
11-12-07, 06:07 PM
not even close to GOTY

Whats your call on GOTY ?

Tork64
11-12-07, 06:13 PM
Yep, no wear near GOTY. GOTY imo is either Bioshock or Mass Effect (guessing on this one).

LycosV
11-12-07, 06:13 PM
CoD 4 is looking like the FPS of the year to me. It's kinda short, but the gameplay is phenominal. I haven't played multiplayer yet, but I only hear good things.

Game of the Year though? I think it's still a little early to call. I'll hold out till Mass Effect is out. :)

delas52
11-12-07, 06:15 PM
I would give it game of the year at this point. It is the best game I have played so far this year.

Runner Up: Bioshock

turdhat
11-12-07, 06:26 PM
Good thing about working a lot and playing in a band is that almost all games are long to me since my time is limited. It is the gameplay in COD 4 that has got me... I hear its short and that is too bad but it will still take at least a week to beat it.. Off to play. Just finished the shock N awe missing.... AWE YEAH !

Destroy
11-12-07, 06:27 PM
Perhaps we could give it 1/2GOTY award seeing as though is so darn short.

jAkUp
11-12-07, 06:29 PM
We will see about Crysis, but my GOTY so far is Bioshock.

Armed_Baboon
11-12-07, 07:16 PM
GOTY so far...
1. COD4
2. Bioshock
3. Stalker
4. Quake wars

agentkay
11-12-07, 07:17 PM
No.

ralinn
11-12-07, 07:31 PM
Personally I'd really hate it if Bioshock took GOTY. It was good, but really not THAT good, and didn't do anything new. Same for CoD4 really. GOTY for me would be Zelda DS or The Eye of Judgement.

NaitoSan
11-12-07, 07:39 PM
Bioshock :D

six_storm
11-12-07, 07:41 PM
I will say that CoD4 is the GOTY so far. Crysis could be it but it's not out yet.

MowTin
11-12-07, 07:42 PM
Are you guys playing it again or playing the arcade mode?

I think this is more of an arcade game. Intense hi octane type game. If you play it at a difficulty that's too easy it's like playing PAC MAN on some extra easy level. How much fun would that be?

Sidric
11-12-07, 07:45 PM
FPS of the year? Perhaps . . . Game of the year? Hell no. For me its a difficult choice between The Witcher and Bioshock. That could all change if Mass Effect really blows my socks off though.

agentkay
11-12-07, 07:46 PM

I already uninstalled COD4. I just rent it a few days ago and will buy it once it's in the bargain bin. I just don't love COD gameplay enough to justify a purchase at release and two great levels (barely 1h gameplay) are just not enough.

Mr_LoL
11-12-07, 07:51 PM
Goty? No chance for me. I found the single player very boring apart from the sniper mission in the Chernobyl level. Multiplayer though is rather good. Killing enemies just wasn't satisfying for some reason.

Sidric
11-12-07, 08:00 PM
Goty? No chance for me. I found the single player very boring apart from the sniper mission in the Chernobyl level. Multiplayer though is rather good. Killing enemies just wasn't satisfying for some reason.

I can certainly understand why . . in some parts, you could just dig in and kill enemies for who knows how long. They just infinitely respawn until you get past a certain point. Sort of frustrating, and kills the immersion factor a bit. I tried to avoid that by moving as quickly as I could to each part.

Armed_Baboon
11-12-07, 08:27 PM

I think this is more of an arcade game. Intense hi octane type game. If you play it at a difficulty that's too easy it's like playing PAC MAN on some extra easy level. How much fun would that be?

played it through on hardened first, now going for the hardest difficulty. it's really fun.

Amuro
11-12-07, 08:39 PM
GOTY of the FPS genre maybe, but the overall GOTY is almost certainly not gonna be COD4.

wrathofgod
11-12-07, 08:47 PM
GOTY for sure depending on Crysis of course. :) But definitely one of the top 3 FPS games I've ever played. Possibly the best thus far.

3DBrad
11-12-07, 09:10 PM
Game of the year so far is Gears of War on the PC, but COD4 is turning out to be rather good, and runs great as well.
:D

Amuro
11-12-07, 09:25 PM
GoW was GOTY last year, not a chance.